“Really enjoyable stay”
Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #7 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Spent a weekend here with my wife and we had an excellent time. From the moment you pull up and the concierge takes your car keys to park the car to the moment when he gives them back to you at the end of your stay and your car is waiting for you the whole experience is great. Staff are extremely polite, friendly and helpful. Rooms are of a very high standard with excellent housekeeping.
The only poor thing we experienced (and I was aware it was probably going to happen based on other reviews here) was the breakfast on Saturday morning. We had a 30 minute wait for a table and then the service was very slow as the staff were overwhelmed. We just went down an hour earlier the following morning and had a wonderful breakfast instead.
Would definitely recommend it and obviously it's location to Grafton Street makes it very popular with the ladies too!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stationmasterIreland
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Stationmasterireland,

Thank you for posting your review following your recent visit.

I am delighted that you had an excellent time with us but I am disappointed that you experienced a delay at breakfast on the first morning of your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies that we did not manage to deliver the perfect service experience to you and I hope that you return to us and give us a change to offer you consistent service during your stay.

I hope that you manage to come back to us again and I wish you a very Happy Christmas and New Year

Regards,

Vincent O’Gorman

Write a ReviewReviews (4,099)

Reviewed 9 December 2013

The Westbury is hard to beat and definitely the best place to stay in Dublin. The welcome and friendliness of the staff is second to none together with the location, room amenities and comfort of the hotel. Breakfast was excellent and I'll definitely be back on my next visit to Dublin.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Jessie335

Thank you for your review following your return visit to the Westbury and thank you for telling others about your experience.

I am thrilled that you have a home away from home in Dublin and that you enjoyed the truly wonderful welcome along with our location, amenities and the comfort of the Westbury. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us again.

Your positive feedback is really encouraging to all of us and thank you for your terrific review.

We hope to see you soon again and I wish you a very happy Christmas and New Year.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Came over for my Birthday. Right in the heart of the city. Rooms are perfect and beds are amazingly comfortable. Service is superb and cannot be faulted. Coming back soon, has now become our favourite hotel in Dublin. Afternoon tea available but my recommendation is sit in the bar and do some people watching. Service excellent- Lenka behind the bar and Sara in the lounge.

Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank AndyBaker65

Dear AndyBaker65,

Thank you for your lovely review and I am delighted that we have become your favourite hotel in Dublin.

I am thrilled that we managed to meet all your requirements and that you enjoyed the location, style and décor of the hotel and that we ticked all the right boxes for you. I am glad that you enjoyed having our wonderful afternoon tea and managed to take in a bit of people watching.

Thank you for your kind comments on Lenka and Sara, they and all my colleagues were delighted to have assisted you and thank you for recognising them.

I hope we see you soon again at your favourite hotel and thank you again for your review.

May I wish you a very Happy Christmas and New Year.

Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Have booked in visiting authors and stayed myself twice now. Ireland can be proud of the Westbury. The perfect place for tourists and locals who want to be in the heart of Dublin's fair city. The service is top notch and the rooms very comfortable. The lounge is wonderful for relaxing or entertaining. Staff all friendly and courteous. I'll be back!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Alasdair V
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Alasdair V,

Thank you for such a great review following your stay with us in Dublin’s Fair City.

It was a pleasure to read that you were so impressed with our staff in particular.I am thrilled you thought our service and our team made your experience exceptional and that your plan to revisit us soon.

Thank you for choosing and recommending the Westbury, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

I wish you a wonderful Christmas and a Prosperous New Year.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

During my visit to Dublin last week, I again stayed at The Westbury Hotel. It was just for one night but would have loved to stay longer. It was my friend's birthday and she was delighted to find a birthday card and treats in the room on arrival. The hotel never disappoints and we had a great evening.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank PortugalJessie

Dear PortugalJennie,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your return visit to The Westbury.

It was such a pleasure to read that you had a fabulous time. To know that our team made you feel truly special is indeed wonderful. We know how important these moments are for our guests and will always do our very best to make these occasions and celebrations as memorable and special as possible. I am delighted that your friend had a memorable experience at The Westbury.

We hope that you can visit us again soon and thank you for your review. May I also take this opportunity to wish you a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

We had an exceptional Hotel experience in The Westbury room no 632 their Presidential Suite...
Our genial receptionist Hazel was courtesy personified & very persuasive in recommending
the hotel's premier suite.The last word in Luxury & service.Thank you to all the staff for making
our stay so memorable.X

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Delia A

Dear Delia A

Thank you so much for your fabulous review following your recent visit.

It was a pleasure to read your review and to know that we exceeded your expectations your positive feedback is very encouraging to all of us.

Hazel is a wonderful asset to our team, she cares a great deal about our guests and will always go the extra mile to ensure our customers are looked after, thank you for recognising her. I am thrilled that you experienced the Luxury and service and that you took away such treasured memories.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Westbury when you are next traveling to Dublin.

May I wish you a great Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Stayed here with my mum, aunt and sister for a shopping trip. Found the staff to be exceptionally friendly and helpful. Room was lovely, plenty of space with the extras you expect from 5 star - nice Nepresso machine, turn down, chocolates on the bed. We all arrived by train/bus so didn't have to worry about parking. It is perfectly located for city centre shopping. We didn't eat at all in hotel, so can't comment on the food.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Fid

Dear Alasdair V

Thank you for such a great review following your stay with us at The Westbury.

It was a pleasure to read that you were so impressed with our staff in particular. I am thrilled you thought our service and our team made your experience exceptional and that our location just off Grafton Street worked for you your mum and sisters. I am also delighted that you enjoyed the turndown, Nespresso coffee machine, and the chocolates at bedtime.

I wish you a wonderful Christmas and a Prosperous New Year.