“great hotel”

Ranked #7 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
London, United Kingdom
“great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

i stayed here few weeks ago for a week end with my girlfriend,service was impeccable from concierge to housekeeping ...everyone very helpful and friendly
the room was beautiful and very large....the bathroom WOW....!! breakfast was good as well definitely recommended .

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear byron s

Thank you for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that we managed to WOW!! you and your girlfriend..

We are delighted that you thought so highly of us from concierge to housekeeping and beyond.
I hope that you visit us again soon and thank you again for your great review.

May I wish you a very Happy Christmas.

Vincent O’Gorman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Craigavon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

We stayed here for the weekend and from the moment we arrived we were made to feel most welcome
We were a family of 4 with a 4 year old and a 1 and a half year old.
Concierge took control of our car at the door, which was fab at the hotel really is in the centre of dublin and with the one way system we struggled to find it! So someone parking the car was a blessing!!!
Check in was most easy and our room was huge!!! The added touch was a teddy lamb in the childs cot, she has yet to put it down!!!
Staff all incredibly friendly and can't help enough! Breaks fats time was fine for us though with 2 small children we were in both mornings around 9am
Location is smack bang in shopping land
Really cannot rate it high enough
In this world you really do get what you pay for and this hotel is a prime example of that!!
Will definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank GQuin
Dear HQuin,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to The Westbury and thank you for taking the time to review The Westbury on Trip Advisor.

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and will definitely stay again. Our location is indeed fabulous especially if you have small children it is terrific to have the shops and restaurants right at our front door. I am delighted that the teddy went down a treat and that she is still enjoying the little bear.

I am thrilled that you will be back to visit us again and may I wish you and your family a very Happy Christmas and thank you again for your great review.

ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

Spent a weekend here with my wife and we had an excellent time. From the moment you pull up and the concierge takes your car keys to park the car to the moment when he gives them back to you at the end of your stay and your car is waiting for you the whole experience is great. Staff are extremely polite, friendly and helpful. Rooms are of a very high standard with excellent housekeeping.
The only poor thing we experienced (and I was aware it was probably going to happen based on other reviews here) was the breakfast on Saturday morning. We had a 30 minute wait for a table and then the service was very slow as the staff were overwhelmed. We just went down an hour earlier the following morning and had a wonderful breakfast instead.
Would definitely recommend it and obviously it's location to Grafton Street makes it very popular with the ladies too!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stationmasterIreland
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Stationmasterireland,

Thank you for posting your review following your recent visit.

I am delighted that you had an excellent time with us but I am disappointed that you experienced a delay at breakfast on the first morning of your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies that we did not manage to deliver the perfect service experience to you and I hope that you return to us and give us a change to offer you consistent service during your stay.

I hope that you manage to come back to us again and I wish you a very Happy Christmas and New Year

Lagos, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

The Westbury is hard to beat and definitely the best place to stay in Dublin. The welcome and friendliness of the staff is second to none together with the location, room amenities and comfort of the hotel. Breakfast was excellent and I'll definitely be back on my next visit to Dublin.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Jessie335

Thank you for your review following your return visit to the Westbury and thank you for telling others about your experience.

I am thrilled that you have a home away from home in Dublin and that you enjoyed the truly wonderful welcome along with our location, amenities and the comfort of the Westbury. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us again.

Your positive feedback is really encouraging to all of us and thank you for your terrific review.

We hope to see you soon again and I wish you a very happy Christmas and New Year.

Kind regards,

Stourport-on-Severn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Came over for my Birthday. Right in the heart of the city. Rooms are perfect and beds are amazingly comfortable. Service is superb and cannot be faulted. Coming back soon, has now become our favourite hotel in Dublin. Afternoon tea available but my recommendation is sit in the bar and do some people watching. Service excellent- Lenka behind the bar and Sara in the lounge.

Stayed December 2013
2 Thank AndyBaker65
Dear AndyBaker65,

Thank you for your lovely review and I am delighted that we have become your favourite hotel in Dublin.

I am thrilled that we managed to meet all your requirements and that you enjoyed the location, style and décor of the hotel and that we ticked all the right boxes for you. I am glad that you enjoyed having our wonderful afternoon tea and managed to take in a bit of people watching.

Thank you for your kind comments on Lenka and Sara, they and all my colleagues were delighted to have assisted you and thank you for recognising them.

I hope we see you soon again at your favourite hotel and thank you again for your review.

May I wish you a very Happy Christmas and New Year.

Naas, Kildare, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Have booked in visiting authors and stayed myself twice now. Ireland can be proud of the Westbury. The perfect place for tourists and locals who want to be in the heart of Dublin's fair city. The service is top notch and the rooms very comfortable. The lounge is wonderful for relaxing or entertaining. Staff all friendly and courteous. I'll be back!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Alasdair V
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Alasdair V,

Thank you for such a great review following your stay with us in Dublin’s Fair City.

It was a pleasure to read that you were so impressed with our staff in particular.I am thrilled you thought our service and our team made your experience exceptional and that your plan to revisit us soon.

Thank you for choosing and recommending the Westbury, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

I wish you a wonderful Christmas and a Prosperous New Year.

Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

During my visit to Dublin last week, I again stayed at The Westbury Hotel. It was just for one night but would have loved to stay longer. It was my friend's birthday and she was delighted to find a birthday card and treats in the room on arrival. The hotel never disappoints and we had a great evening.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank PortugalJessie
Dear PortugalJennie,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your return visit to The Westbury.

It was such a pleasure to read that you had a fabulous time. To know that our team made you feel truly special is indeed wonderful. We know how important these moments are for our guests and will always do our very best to make these occasions and celebrations as memorable and special as possible. I am delighted that your friend had a memorable experience at The Westbury.

We hope that you can visit us again soon and thank you for your review. May I also take this opportunity to wish you a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.