“Comfort and quality”

The Westbury
Ranked #6 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
“Comfort and quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a single night and found the hotel, location and staff to be superb.

The room was a good size, decor was pleasing to the eye. You had that feeling of quality without being too stuffy. Food in the Bistro was also excellent.

Would recommend to others!

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Johnryanatd,

Thank you for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you thought the location and staff were superb.

We are delighted that you recommend us to others and we hope that you will revisit us again.
Thank you again for your review and may I take the opportunity to wish you a very Happy Christmas.

Regards,

Vincent O’Gorman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Northampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

First stay at The Westbury and chose it because of it's central location and on the recommendation of friends. First niggle was finding the place by car. The one way system in Dublin is a nightmare, one wrong turn and its a good ten minutes to get back on track and because The Westbury is bang in the center of the action its like finding a needle in a haystack but when you get there the welcome is warm and efficient. The Rooms are good with comfy beds so sleep quality is high and they are well insulated with all the expected comforts but second niggle was the shower which was more like slow drizzle than a shower. When I'm paying £250 a night I think a decent shower is a must. Concierge service was excellent and staff all very attentive but third niggle was breakfast which was below par for five star and not included in the room rate. Would I go again?................maybe but I have the feeling there may be better alternatives at these prices.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Richard G
Dear Richard G

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am happy that you found our hotel, location, and your room and comfy bed to be excellent and the atmosphere and service impressed you. However, I am sorry that you had difficulty working your way around the one way system in Dublin. I am disappointed that you did not enjoy breakfast plus I note your comments regarding the shower in your room, I have this addressed by our engineering crew so this issue does not reoccur.

I would like to apologise for failing to meet your expectations and please accept my assurance that these issued that you have highlighted are not indicative of our normal high standards which we pride our selves on here at The Westbury.

I do hope to welcome you back again and may I wish you a very Happy Christmas and a Prosperous New Year

With renewed apologies

Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

Just returned from 2 night stay in this beautiful hotel. My husband and I were celebrating our Ruby Anniversary plus it was also my birthday on the first day there. The staff made it so special with little treats sent to the room also birthday card. Breakfast was excellent. Service impeccable. Cocktails were very good. Could not find anything to complain about. Will definitely return as the location is superb.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Britvic17
Dear Britvic17,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to The Westbury and thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

I am very thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that we made your celebrations special. Our location is indeed fabulous especially if you want to do some retail therapy and take in the great bars and restaurants and enjoy the Christmas lights on Grafton Street.

I am delighted that you plan to return to us again and may I wish you a very Happy Christmas and thank you again for your great review.

Regards,

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

Stayed here a couple of years ago and found it disappointing. Had heard it had been done up and given it's central location, tried it again
From start to finish our stay was wonderful Very welcoming helpful staff at check in, our room ready ahead of time. The room very tastefully decorated in neutral hues with a great bathroom and very comfortable bed.
The common areas were beautifully decorated for Christmas with excellent people watching going on. Residents were given priority as there was high demand for this central location. Wonderful cockails

We had lunch at Café Novo downstairs, tasty balanced menu, trendy decor, helpful staff and the best value fish and chips ever!

Breakfast the next day was freshly cooked and very tasty. The croissants were as good as one would get in Paris.
The hotel was full on this Saturday before Christmas but we were made to feel like special guests
My hotelier husbad found the hotel to be without fault as did I
A true five star experience in the heart of Dublin
We will be back

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sandra m
Dear Sandra M

Thank you so much for a wonderful review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and that we made you feel so special.

I am so glad that you rated our location, the hotel in all its Christmas splendour, breakfast and best value fish & chips ever. I am delighted that you managed to get in some people watching and enjoy our wonderful Cocktails. We could not ask for a better review and I hope you come back to see us soon again.

May I take this opportunity to wish you and your family a very Happy Christmas.

Kind regards,

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

Love this hotel. The whole experience from start to finish was simply wonderful. The staff were attentive, experienced and welcoming, room was spacious and comfortable, location perfect - the breakfast was good too. So if you deserve a treat, or know someone who does, make the Westbury your first choice. We will be back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear BSCLondon,

Wow! What a great review, thank you so much for taking the time to tell other visitors what the fabulous time you had at The Westbury.

It is great to read your review and to know that everything from the time you stepped through the front door until you checked out was so wonderful. Thank you for your personal recommendation, I very much look forward to welcoming you back so you can enjoy another treat.

May I also take this opportunity to wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas and a prosperous New Year!

Best wishes

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

Location perfect, staff lovely, slight delay in checking in, but a busy time. Room nice real nice but was expecting more for the price. Bathroom was small and the silicon around the bath needs to be replaced, a funny colour.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear moon2812,

Thank you for your review following your visit to The Westbury.

I am delighted that our location worked for you and that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

However, I am incredibly sorry and disappointed to read that your bathroom was not up to our normal high standard and please accept my apologies for this, please be assured that this will be dealt with as a matter of urgency.

I hope that you manage to visit us again. May I take this opportunity to wish you a Very happy Christmas.

Yours sincerely,

Belgrade, Serbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

From the doorman greeting me by name to the fab cocktails at the bar. The location is brilliant. I enjoyed my stay here. Everyone was very helpful. My room was a bit noisy but that was the only downside.

Room Tip: Don't have room 426 it is noisy because it backs onto the cleaners room