“Great location for sight seeing, shopping and dining.”
Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #6 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

Beautiful hotel in the centre of Dublin with warm and friendly staff. There were however some downsides to our short stay .... housekeeping trolleys and vacuums abandoned everywhere, cocktail served in chipped glass, low pressure shower and tap. The room was nicely furnished but small .... bathroom was cramped. Light switching solution meant you had to get out of bed to operate the lights. Overall very mixed feelings about our stay.

• Stayed: December 2013
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Paulade,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience at The Westbury Hotel.

I am glad that our location worked for you and that our staff made you feel warm and welcome. However, I am disappointed to read that you encountered difficulties during you short stay with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies and rest assured that I will investigate the issues raised with my management team. It is after all comments like yours that helps us to improve upon the services and standards provided to our valued guests.

Once again thank you for bringing your experience to our attention and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westbury Hotel during 2014.

I do hope that you have a very happy and Prosperous New Year.

Yours sincerely,

Vincent O’Gorman

Write a ReviewReviews (4,188)

Reviewed 22 December 2013

This is a 4 star hotel not a 5 star, have stayed at the Bristol hotel in bristol uk part of the Doyle collection and they are very similar, that is a 4 star and rated as such. Location excellent and rooms pleasant. Would stay again overall very good hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank stag05
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Stag05,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at The Westbury.

I am happy that you found our hotel, location, and your room comfortable. However, I am disappointed that you did not rate us as a five star hotel. I regret that we failed to meet your expectations but I am delighted that you would stay with us on your next visit to Dublin

I do hope to welcome you back again and may I wish you a very Happy Christmas and a Prosperous New Year

Reviewed 21 December 2013

This was our second visit to the Wesbury. We stayed 3 nights over a weekend to celebrate my 50th Birthday. We stayed in 0ne of the Four Poster Bed Studio Suites.
A beautiful room with lovely views towards Grafton Street and over south Dublin. The armchairs, with a lovely footstool, are without doubt the most comfortable I've tried!
The hotel was very busy in the run up to Christmas with seats at a premium in the public areas. The hotel keep some seats reserved and as residents we were always found a seat in the bar - a nice touch that many other hotels could learn from.
Breakfast was as good as I remembered it, good buffet, excellent A La Carte menu and friendly service.
From check-in to departure the staff were friendly and very helpful. Every single member of staff that we encountered seemed genuinely happy to be working there, I've never experienced that in any hotel before.
A perfect location for a special weekend.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Neiltoo

Dear Neiltoo,

Thank you for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I am thrilled that we are your hotel of choice whenever you visit Dublin.

We are delighted that you received a warm welcome from everyone you encountered and that you managed to do some people watching on the Gallery and Marble Bar.

Thank you for your wonderful recommendations and I hope we see you again soon may I take the opportunity to wish you a very Happy Christmas.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I just wanted to say that their customer Service is best I have scene !.. I had left the hotel and forgot our passports in the safe. We did not notice till the next morning that we had left them there and we needed to get to the airport to catch an international flight. I call them panicking and they were very professional on the phone with me and told me I had nothing to worry about and they would send someone with the Passports and meet me at the airport... who does that ?? I am so blown away by the quick thinking front office person, that made us not miss our flight. I wish I knew her name, because I would love to commend her. She had an accent and came from the EU somewhere.. Seriously, I have recommended this hotel to everyone and would stay here again when I come back to Dublin... 5***** for this alone !

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dexter G

Dear Dexter G,

Thank you for such a fabulous review and I am delighted that you loved stay with us.

It was such a pleasure to have you with us at The Westbury and we were all delighted to be able to assist you with your mislaid passport and we were more than happy to send it to the airport for you.

I am delighted that you made your flight and we are thrilled with your recommendations and thank you again. We look forward to having you stay again when you next visit Dublin. May I wish you a very Happy Christmas.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a single night and found the hotel, location and staff to be superb.

The room was a good size, decor was pleasing to the eye. You had that feeling of quality without being too stuffy. Food in the Bistro was also excellent.

Would recommend to others!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear Johnryanatd,

Thank you for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you thought the location and staff were superb.

We are delighted that you recommend us to others and we hope that you will revisit us again.
Thank you again for your review and may I take the opportunity to wish you a very Happy Christmas.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

First stay at The Westbury and chose it because of it's central location and on the recommendation of friends. First niggle was finding the place by car. The one way system in Dublin is a nightmare, one wrong turn and its a good ten minutes to get back on track and because The Westbury is bang in the center of the action its like finding a needle in a haystack but when you get there the welcome is warm and efficient. The Rooms are good with comfy beds so sleep quality is high and they are well insulated with all the expected comforts but second niggle was the shower which was more like slow drizzle than a shower. When I'm paying £250 a night I think a decent shower is a must. Concierge service was excellent and staff all very attentive but third niggle was breakfast which was below par for five star and not included in the room rate. Would I go again?................maybe but I have the feeling there may be better alternatives at these prices.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Richard G

Dear Richard G

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am happy that you found our hotel, location, and your room and comfy bed to be excellent and the atmosphere and service impressed you. However, I am sorry that you had difficulty working your way around the one way system in Dublin. I am disappointed that you did not enjoy breakfast plus I note your comments regarding the shower in your room, I have this addressed by our engineering crew so this issue does not reoccur.

I would like to apologise for failing to meet your expectations and please accept my assurance that these issued that you have highlighted are not indicative of our normal high standards which we pride our selves on here at The Westbury.

With renewed apologies

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Just returned from 2 night stay in this beautiful hotel. My husband and I were celebrating our Ruby Anniversary plus it was also my birthday on the first day there. The staff made it so special with little treats sent to the room also birthday card. Breakfast was excellent. Service impeccable. Cocktails were very good. Could not find anything to complain about. Will definitely return as the location is superb.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Britvic17

Dear Britvic17,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to The Westbury and thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

I am very thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that we made your celebrations special. Our location is indeed fabulous especially if you want to do some retail therapy and take in the great bars and restaurants and enjoy the Christmas lights on Grafton Street.

I am delighted that you plan to return to us again and may I wish you a very Happy Christmas and thank you again for your great review.