“Most Comfortable Bed”

Ranked #6 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Sydney
“Most Comfortable Bed”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

The hotel is in a great location and is a beautiful hotel with the most comfortable bed I think I have ever slept in. The blackout curtains in the room made it almost impossible to get up we were that cosy! The Lounge staff are very slow and that is the only negative thing I can say about the hotel. It wouldn't put me off staying here again, but they do need to pay a little bit more attention to everyone in the Lounge area and not just concentrate on the Afternoon Tea clients. We had three bottles of Champagne and Sandwiches in our group which cost more than an Afternoon Tea, but we had to really work hard to get served and waited over half an hour for a Coffee without so much as an apology.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Phil D
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Phil D,

Thank you for your review following your stay with us and I am delighted that you found our location to be so convenient. It is a real bonus to be able to walk to all the shopping areas and to browse the many bars and restaurants that are all within walking distance to The Westbury. I am thrilled to read that you slept so well and that you were so cosy that you had difficulty in getting out of bed in the morning.

However, I am disappointed that we did not manage to exceed your expectations in all areas and the service on the Gallery did not live up to our normal standards. Please accept my sincere apologies for the poor service you experienced and I would like to assure you that this far from the standards we aspire to and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity to change your perception of us. I hope that you will give us the opportunity when you are next visiting Dublin so we can renew your confidence in us and ultimately gain your support as a regular customer of the Westbury.

I look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor.

Vincent O’Gorman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (509)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Galway
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Westbury the weekend before Christmas. We had a fabulous time there. I can only highly recommend it. From arrival to departure I can only praise the hotel. The staff were friendly and welcoming. The rooms were fabulous. The atmosphere in the Gallery was second to none. The breakfast catered for every taste. The location is perfect. The Christmas decor was lovely. My children loved the whole experience and can't wait to stay there again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Pattie M,

Thank you for your great review following your visit to The Westbury in December.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, thank you for choosing the Westbury during your family’s Christmas visit to Dublin.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our décor, design and probably most importantly our service really impressed. Our team genuinely does care and we believe this is the most important aspect of our service which will hopefully ensure our guest continue to return. I will pass your comments on to the team for them to enjoy.

Thank you for taking the time to write about us, I hope to welcome you back to The Westbury soon again.

Killarney, Ireland
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We as a family, stayed in the Westbury for a night after New Years and had an amazing time. The location of the hotel is perfect, its fantastic to walk out the door and be right in the centre of the city. Our rooms were beautiful with a view of Grafton Street and the turn down service was a lovely treat. Breakfast the next morning for me was a highlight, there was nearly too much to choose from and we never felt rushed to vacate our table. The complimentarty newspaper added to what was a very relaxing meal.
The staff really make the stay here exceptional, constantly smiling and helpful. They had a room ready for us immediately, despite our early arrival, and provided some great recommendations of places to eat.
All in all I don't think I could visit Dublin again and not stay in the Westbury, we were spoiled throughout our stay. I only hope I can afford it next time!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Barbara O

What a great review thank you so much I am delighted that you and your family had such a fabulous time with us.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I am very happy that our location, your room and our breakfast offering ticked all the right boxes. I am particularly pleased that our service stood out for you and delighted you thought our staff went above and beyond to look after you during your stay.

I hope we can be a home away from home for you for many years to come and very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Wishing you a Prosperous New Year and thanks again for your review.

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel for just one night on a quick trip to Dublin. This hotel is ideally located off the main shopping street of Dublin (which is a no car zone) but just slightly off the street in order to be quiet. Rooms are quite spacious and very comfortable. The ratio quality to price is extremely high in this hotel, there is really nothing that bothered me during my stay and I am looking forward to coming back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Nroth

I am thrilled you loved your stay with us, thank you for choosing the Westbury Hotel and for your great review.

It was such a pleasure to have you with us and I am very happy that you enjoyed every aspect of your time at the Westbury. I am delighted that you will return to us again. Our location is ideal for all the restaurants and bars and for shopping and I am delighted that it worked for you.

Thank you again for your review and for telling others about your experience.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Faro, Portugal
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Stayed at the Westburry Hotel in Dublin at the Year End of 2013 with the family (2 adults and 2 children) and it was a very enjoyable stay. Fantastic location (right in the centre of Dublin and next to the main shooping and F&B area), the facilities are quite nice and specially Staff are all very professional and friendly.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Dear AO1971,

Thank you for your trip advisor review following your stay in December.

I am delighted that our location worked for you and your family and that you enjoyed your stay with us and I appreciate your recommendations which I will pass to my team for them to enjoy.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back during 2014.

Cjm001
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I stayed in the Westbury for 1 night on New Years Day. The staff were exceptional from the moment I stepped in the door. My room was of very good quality and exceptionally clean. I stay in hotels a lot and this really was outstanding , very impressed.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Cjm001,

Thank you for your review following your visit to The Westbury over New Year Day.

I am thrilled that we managed to impress you and that your stay was perfect. I am very happy that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and appreciate your personal recommendation it means the world to me and my team.

Thank you for writing about your visit and telling others about your stay, I look forward to welcoming you back in 2014.

Yours sincerely

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2014

This hotel met every need we required, I'm very choosy when it comes to hotels after staying in some of the best in the world. The 2 night stay was booked as a surprise for my partners birthday celebration, his first visit to Dublin and he guarantees me we will return to the Westbury. To help celebrate my partners birthday nothing was too much trouble, every request was met by a high level including providing a birthday cake with lit candles and a waiter to sing happy birthday.
The staff were amazingly friendly and help made our stay a very enjoyable one. We ordered champagne breakfast in bed alongside a breakfast that isn't normally offered, eggs Benedict... Truly delicious!. We also had champagne afternoon tea in the gallery that was lovely but could have down with extra cakes. The feel of the hotel was lovely and relaxed not loud or over crowded.

Room Tip: We were fortunate to be in amazing room with a view looking straight on to grafton street,