“Perfect location”
Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #6 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The Westbury is a great hotel. The location couldn't be better, the hotel is right in the middle of Dublin's key attractions and best shopping streets. The hotel itself is beautiful, and its best asset is its staff who were always ready to assist and were tuned in to the needs of their guests above all else. Being there in winter was wonderful as the central gallery and bar areas were a little quieter than normal, and presented a beautiful spot to sit and read (and drink ... and dine) as a solo traveller, without feeling at all out of place. The hotel is beautifully furnished in public areas and the rooms and the bathrooms in particular were a highlight. Congratulations Westbury, I will be back.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear theproseclark,

Thank you for your great review following your recent visit to The Westbury.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to us and that you felt well cared for by our team and that you managed to relax and enjoy the ambiance of our hotel.

Thank you for choosing The Westbury during your stay and I am delighted that you will be back to us again and I hope that we will always be your hotel of choice while visiting Dublin.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Vincent O’Gorman

Write a ReviewReviews (4,136)

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Couldn't have been more pleased with our stay @ The Westbury. The hotel was not only beautiful but the staff was wonderful as well. If you're looking for a special place to stay at while you're in Dublin, look no further. Perfect location. Close to City Centre, tons of shopping, restaurants, and pubs. Should you need any advice or help while your there ask for Tommy or Eddie @ the concierge desk, both were so helpful.

Room Tip: One extra piece of advice...ask for a room on the 4th or 5th floor facing Grafton (if available).
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pquinn01

Dear pquinn01,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and that you couldn’t be more pleased. I am thrilled that we exceeded your expectations. High praise indeed and I am very grateful that you took the time to post a review following your stay, thank you!

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I am thrilled you were impressed with us especially Eddie and Tommy, we were all delighted to have assisted you and thank you for recognising them in particular.

I hope we will always be your preferred hotel in Dublin and be a real home away from home for you in future.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Have stayed at this GREAT hotel a number of times!! Best time was when the computer system mad a GRAVE error and booked by a $750 suite for $75......they honored the mistake withount batting an eye.....grat service, great location great accomodations....if there were a 6 Star rating....i would easily agree!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear fxoairlaw,

Thank you for your fantastic review on Trip Advisor following your stay with us it was a pleasure to read.

We are all delighted to read how much you enjoyed every aspect of your visit and that you rate us as a 6star property. The Team here at The Westbury endeavour to provide each of our guests with a wonderful stay and I am really delighted that you had such a good time. The will be delighted to read your review and thank you for all your kind words.

I hope that you return to visit us again and we look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Mum and I nada two night stay at the Westbury. From the moment we arrived, we felt welcome. The hotel has a comfortable, plush, without being too posh, feel. Everything was of good quality, the room, the food, the cappuccinos!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Sharon K

Dear Sharon K,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor.

I am thrilled that we managed to impress you and your Mum and that your stay was perfect. I am very happy that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and appreciate your personal recommendation it means the world to me and my team.

Thank you for writing about your visit and telling others about your stay, I look forward to welcoming you back during 2014.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Having stayed at the Westbury many times I find it to be welcoming and friendly but yet professional . The bedrooms have had a makeover to a more modern feel but yet still keeping the old but new world feel. The only fault I would have is they really need to upgrade their movie channels they are slightly outdated. As for location you are near great shopping theatres are wonderful walks around the city and fun nightlife and as many restaurants for all different tastes. The Westbury for me is my home from home and have recommend I have recommend many friends who now have become regulars here also. You may notice I put good for sleep quality this is because you are in a city hotel and noise is unavoidable.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear 246810911

I am thrilled you loved your stay with us, thank you for choosing the Westbury Hotel and for your great review.

It was such a pleasure to have you with us again and I am very happy that you enjoyed every aspect of your time at the Westbury. I am delighted that you will return to us again and again and that we are now your home away from home. Our location is ideal for all the restaurants and bars and for shopping and I am delighted that it worked for you. Thank you again for your review and for telling others about your experience.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Just got home from a wonderful stay at The Westbury - and if I could give it 6 stars I totally would! Fabulous location, beautiful room and exceptional customer service means I won't ever stay anywhere else in Dublin again. Thank you to every member of staff, from reception to concierge, to doorman to the chambermaids who all made us feel like royalty! Extra special thanks to Gillian who arranged a little birthday surprise and card in the room for a member of my party - she loved it!

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear CaliLoverO5,

Thank you for your wonderful review following your stay at The Westbury Hotel.

Gosh what a great review it is fabulous to know that you thought so highly of us that you would rank us as 6 star ! It is delightful to read your review and know that we all made you feel so special. Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your stay.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Westbury.

Vincent O’ Gorman

Reviewed 19 January 2014

You have not had a proper hotel experience unless you have stayed here. It is the best Hotel I have ever stayed in. The food, service and comfort is second to none. Breakfast in bed was so nice and the waiter who delivered it to the room was very accommodating and attentive. Stay here and you wont be disappointed

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Londonirish 34

What a great review thank you it is a pleasure to read your review.

I am delighted that we impressed you so much and that you thought so highly of us and that our service impressed you. Our team genuinely does care and we believe this is the most important aspect of our service which will hopefully ensure our guest continue to return. I will pass your comments on to the team for them to enjoy.

Thank you for taking the time to write about us, I hope to welcome you back to The Westbury soon again.