“excellent”
Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #7 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I must say that our over night stay was very enjoyable ,I just wish we could have stayed longer. We breakfast in our room and it was the best we have had anywhere. All the staff were very friendly and helpful . We would love to make a return visit in the future.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Bernadette L

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to tell others about your experience at The Westbury.

I am thrilled that your stay was very enjoyable and that breakfast was the best you ever had. I will pass your kind comments to the team for them to enjoy.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back during 2014.

Yours sincerely

There are newer reviews for The Westbury

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Just spent the weekend with family celebrating my sisters 50th. When we checked in, we were greeted and dealt with.. that is how I would put it. The rooms were nice , but do need to be updated especially the bathrooms. I stay in 5 star hotels all over Europe with work and I have to say this hotel does not deserve 5 stars. We booked room only to accommodate everyone's budget, therefore we left early on the Saturday morning (10am) to get breakfast and browse the city. We arrived back at 3 to find our room still hadn't been cleaned, so we left again to give them a chance, but when we arrived back again, it still hadn't been cleaned. We had to ring for the room to be serviced. We had to leave the room again while this was done and were not offered coffee/tea in the bar while we waited.

On the sat night we celebrated with dinner in a local restaurant and returned to the hotel. Some of my fellow travellers ordered drinks to their room and were possibly a bit loud and reception complained, which is fine and we all agreed the next morning that happens and we hoped we did not disturb too many people. But rather than leave it at that , the manager rang my sister while she was out shopping, and the staff complained while we were checking out. It was completely unwarranted and very unprofessional. It would strike me that this hotel does not like groups and did not hesitate to let us know.

The location is excellent, but there are some many other places to stay in Dublin, just as convenient. The staff are nice, but I wouldn't over compliment them. For the price we paid, we could have easily stayed in a far superior hotel where the welcome is warm and the standard is exceptional anywhere else in the country.

Will I stay there again.. probably not and would only recommend it for location.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fiona D
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Ms. Dunne,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay with us in January. I appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts on Trip advisor.

I would like to apologise for the unprofessional standards you received at check in and for the delay in servicing your room. This is far from the standards we aspire to and again please accept my apologies for the delay and the obvious inconvenience this caused.

If I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me. I do hope that despite this review you may reconsider coming back to visit us in the future and thank you again for sharing your review on Trip advisor.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Right in the centre of the city, well-decorated rooms, very friendly and well-trained, helpful staff; OK food with limited variety at breakfast with really bad coffee, incredibly small but still functional gym (with access to a next-door fitness club on a €10 daily rate).

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Selim Y,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your visit to The Westbury.

I am happy that our team here at The Westbury impressed you so much and that our location was suitable for you to browse the many shops, restaurants and bars in the area. I am however disappointed that our breakfast was not up to your expectations and please accept my sincere apologies and rest assured that I will address this immediately.

Thank you again for your feedback, your comments both positive and constructive are important to us as we strive to continually improve our service and facilities.

I hope to welcome you back during 2014.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

After popping the question that morning the Westbury made our day so happy. Hazel at reception informed us of our complimentary upgrade and all the staff made us feel so welcome. After a day around Dublin city we arrived back to a complimentary bottle of bubbly and deserts from Niall, the general manager. We were overwhelmed and the hotel and all their staff really made the day so special. We will definitely be back and really appreciate the lengths the staff went to make our day.

1  Thank Kevindevine

Dear Kevindevine,

Congratulations on your engagement and I am delighted that you chose the Westbury to pop the question and thank you for trusting us with such a special occasion.

It was a pleasure to read your review and to know that we made you feel like so special. I am thrilled that you had such a great time and that you enjoyed all aspects of your visit. We like to acknowledge the important events during our guests visit and we always do our best to make these special occasions and celebrations as memorable as possible.

Thank you again for your wonderful review and I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back during 2014.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights for work recently. Was upgraded to a suite, which was a great treat. Staff all very friendly and I am very grateful for the upgrade. Room was quiet, clean and well appointed. The breakfast buffet is also top notch.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear JohnRPearson,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for choosing the Westbury for your recent business trip to Dublin.

It was such a pleasure to have you with us and I am very happy that you enjoyed every aspect of your time at the Westbury. We are glad that you enjoyed the upgrade to a suite and that breakfast was top notch.

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your experience and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Location was fantastic!
Staff were even better!
And to top it off our Superior room was HUGE and very beautiful.
LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about this hotel, made our trip, thank-you so much to The Westbury, even had the Manager personally ask us about our stay on check out, i cannot recommend this hotel enough!

Room Tip: Go for the Superior double, you will not be disappointed!
1  Thank Laura_PBlondie

Dear Laura_PBlondie,

Great review thank you we are all thrilled that you love everything about The Westbury.

I am delighted that our location worked for you and that the team were able to make your trip such a memorable occasion. I appreciate your recommendations which I will pass to my team for them to enjoy.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I can't speak highly enough of this establishment. The hotel is located right on Grafton in an almost perfect location to much anywhere you'd need to go.

The room was perfectly clean, as you'd expect, and the staff was much friendlier and more polite than I've seen at most hotels. They were almost obsessive with keeping all of the hospitality items fully-stocked, whether it be the teas or the soaps; if the soap was even opened, you'd see a fresh one already waiting.

My one knock was that the 110V North American and 220V EU standard wall outlets weren't working, but they brought up a converter/surge protector with extra outlets for us to use.

Dear Billy B

What a great review thank you so much we are delighted that you thought so highly of us.

I am happy that our location suited your requirements and that you enjoyed the many wonderful shops ,bars and restaurants which are all so convenient and are all in walking distance from the hotel.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I am thrilled you were impressed with all the small little details which we believe make such a big difference. I hope we will always be your preferred hotel in Dublin and be a real home away from home for you in future.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon again.