“Good experience”

Ranked #7 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Tipperary, Ireland
“Good experience”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Really enjoyed our stay here! Hotel is very plush. The rooms are very comfortable and beds are amazing, decor is very tasteful but the rooms are a bit on the small size! Breakfast was fantastic a huge selection and we'll presented! Staff very friendly

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Lemon 1980,

I am delighted to read you had such a great stay with us, thank you for telling others about your experience at the Westbury.

I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay and thought everything was plush. I am so happy that you enjoyed our fantastic breakfast and that my colleagues made you feel so welcome. The team here at The Westbury genuinely care about our guests and will be delighted to hear that you thought they were truly welcoming and helpful.

However, I note your comments regarding the room size, we do have a variety of room types from superior to suites and I appreciate that not all types work for all guests, we will be happy to talk you through the various options when you next travel to Dublin.

I hope that you can come back and stay with us soon again.

Vincent O’Gorman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (509)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Spent the week end in Dublin and stayed at the Westbury as a special treat for my partner whose birthday it was.
Unbelievable service and hospitality throughout. They even placed beautiful sweet treats with card from the general manager in our room which was a lovely surprise.
Loved the ambience and food in both the cafe Novo and on the main lounge was delicious. Especially loved the fois gras.
Cocktails in the bar were also amazing.
Staff were very efficient and genuinely helpful at arriving and during our stay there.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone wanting Class "A" Service.
Thank you to all at the Westbury. Can't wait to go back!

1 Thank Poligeo
Dear Poligeo,

We simply cannot ask for a better rating than Class A Service thank you for your great review.

I am simply thrilled that you had such a great visit to The Westbury and that we managed to impress you and exceed your expectations. We like to mark each celebration with some special treats and I am delighted that you enjoyed the little surprise.

Thank you again for your great review and I hope that we have the pleasure of seeing you back at The Westbury again soon.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I recently stayed in The Westbury for a romantic one night stay(valentines treat) & from the moment we arrived , we were treated to the kind of service you expect from such a highly rated hotel. From the helpful doorman to the very efficent receptionist , we hadn't book a meal and the receptionist pulled a few strings and got us a last minute reservation in the brilliant Fade Street Social.From start to finish the staff couldn't do enough for us . The room was spotless and decorated to an extremely high standard & the in room Nespresso machine, meant tasty coffee on hand anytime. After our meal we came back to the hotel and had a few cocktails in the main foyer , the mojitos were particularly good , maybe to good.......... but the huge breakfast we had the next morning helped with any sore heads from the night before. My wife had the pancakes and I had a full Irish breakfast along with some scones and jam , this is how breakfast should be , plenty of choice and everything had a unique little twist , we were served by Shannon ( a very helpful and efficient waiter ) he had everything under control and waited on us hand and foot. Overall I can't fault our stay & I would highly recommend The Westbury , you will not be disappointed with any aspect of this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Onesean,

I am delighted to read your brilliant review, thank you for taking the time to tell others about us and I am so happy that you enjoyed your break to celebrate a Valentines Treat.

It was a pleasure to have you stay and I am thrilled you were so impressed with our staff and our service and that my colleagues pulled out all the stops to assist your every request. Our team really cares and enjoys being part of our guests’ experiences; we believe this makes all the difference and thank your for recognising them.

Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Dublin
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Arrived on Friday afternoon, greet by a smartly dressed door man followed by Rachel who took us to our room and gave us some great tips for the evening. The gallery was a really nice space and we truly enjoyed our afternoon tea followed by a glass of bubbles before getting ready for dinner. The staff throughout the stay was very polite the service was exceptional.... Breakfast was a delight and a great way to end a wonderful night in Dublin.

• Stayed February 2014
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Ozkabele,

Thank you for your 5 star review and I am delighted that you have an exceptional time with us.

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and that our staff really stood out for you especially Rachel, she was delighted to have assisted you and thank you for recognising her.

I hope that we have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again and thank you again for telling others about your experience.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed for one night over the weekend. Friendly staff on check-in and the room was just great. The food was superb in Wilde restaurant and the cocktails in the marble bar were yummy. Will be back soon!

Dear PVPster,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to us and that you thought we were amazing. Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your experience.

I am very happy that our staff really stood to for you, I am very fortunate to have a great team who genuinely love looking after our guests and I think this makes all the difference.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I am very pleased that you enjoyed Wilde restaurant and the “yummy” cocktails.

We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for your review.

Ba, Fiji
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

This amazlng hotel is conveniently located close to the shops and coffee shops on Grafton Street The hotel is luxurious the staff are welcoming and helpful. The dining room served amazing food breakfast was really good .The bedrooms were very comfortable .A very enjoyable place to stay when visiting Dublin.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Carole v

Thank you for your wonderful review and I am so delighted that you enjoyed your weekend treat with us at The Westbury Hotel.

I am thrilled you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and thought everything was luxurious. I am so happy that you enjoyed out amazing breakfast and that my colleagues made you feel so welcome. The team here at The Westbury genuinely care about our guests and will be delighted to hear that you thought they were truly welcoming and helpful.

Thank you so much for writing about us and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Dublin
Reviewed 14 February 2014

The Hotel met all our expectations,very well located with efficient staff and service. A real sense of relaxation.Breakfast was superb with a wonderful choice.Overall there was a great sense of service in a nice relaxed manner.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Peter S,

I am delighted that we met & exceeded your expectations and that you managed to relax and enjoy our service. Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your experience at The Westbury Hotel.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again during 2014 and thank you again for your great review.