“The best!”

Ranked #6 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Billericay, United Kingdom
“The best!”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

From the moment we arrived we knew we were in safe hands. The greeting by the doorman was warm and friendly. He helped us with our luggage to Reception, chatting all the way. Thomas checked us in very smoothly again with a very warm welcome. The warm towels were an added bonus. We then met Joseph, Guest Relations Manager who showed us to our room. Have to say Joseph is the face of The Westbury and made our stay very memorable. He soon found out our 4 night stay was to relax and find good old fashioned local pubs. He produced daily lists for us of different pubs to try. Each were fantastic and served the 'good pint' we were after! He even managed to get us a table for Afternoon Tea and left a note in our room that the reservation was made.

Afternoon Tea, breakfast and of course the cocktails at the bar were all first class. Service in all these areas was also faultless. The bartenders make a mean espressos martini!

This was our 6th visit to Dublin, but our first to The Westbury. Have to say we have finally found our Dublin hotel. Can't fault the location either!

Perfection.

1 Thank TheDullWitch
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear TheDullWitch,

Thank you for taking the time to post your fabulous review on Trip advisor.

I am so thrilled that you have found your home away from home and I am delighted that all of my colleagues went the extra mile to make your stay all the more comfortable and enjoyable.

Our staff are indeed a terrific asset to the hotel and I am delighted that they exceeded your expectations and that they helped to make your stay all the more special.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Vincent O’Gorman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (505)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Bremen
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Our trip to Dublin was made all the more beautiful and special because of our wonderful accommodation and exceptional service. Our bedroom was well appointed and had a good sized bathroom.

Joseph, the PR manager, along with the rest of the staff, provided excellent, warm service and great travel advice.

Highly recommended!

Vijay and Jörn.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vijay N
Dear Vijay N

What a great review thank you for telling others about your experience at The Westbury Hotel.

I am thrilled that you are looking forward to visiting us again and that Joseph and the rest of the team were all on hand to assist you during your stay and that they helped to make your stay all the more special.

We look forward to having you stay with us again and thanks again for the great review.

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Myself an three of my friends stayed in the Westbury for two nights at the beginning of February. We experienced 5 star treatment throughout our stay in the hotel. We arrived on a busy Friday evening, the streets were full of excitement due to the upcoming rugby match. The location was perfect we were moments away from all the best shops and restaurants, which allowed us to soak up the amazing atmosphere on Grafton Street. The rooms were extremely relaxing and once you closed the door you could switch off from the hustle and bustle of the streets, with absolutely no noise from outside. The staff were extremely helpful throughout our stay and nothing was too much to ask for. We decided to have afternoon tea after a long day of shopping, I would highly recommend this to anyone who is a fan of afternoon tea. The only complaint I have is the simple fact that I couldn't have stayed longer. I am already looking forward to my next visit to the Westbury.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Claire F
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Claire F,

Thank you for your wonderful review following your stay in Dublin.

It is great to read your review and know that you thought so highly of us and thank you for taking the time to tell others about your stay.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Westbury again and thanks again for your great review.

Vincent O’ Gorman
General Manager.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Just back from 4 nights in The Westbury Hotel. Could not fault a thing about the hotel or staff. The suite was spacious and very clean. I also like the fact the the hotel does not charge for the use of wi-fi as other 5 star hotels in Dublin do. We did not get a chance to eat in the restaurant but did have some bar snacks which were excellent. We will be back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Evei 25,

Thank you for your great review following your 4 night stay at The Westbury and we are delighted that you had such a great time.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay including our service and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again and thank you again for your great review.

Yours sincerely

Northern Ireland
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This is a top class hotel right in the centre of Dublin, superb staff who make you feel very welcome and valued. You have to pay a premium for this service but I think it is worth it. Will stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear PJKNorthernIreland

I am delighted to read your brilliant review, thank you for taking the time to tell others about us and I am so happy that you enjoyed your visit to The Westbury Hotel.

It was a pleasure to have you stay and I am thrilled you were so impressed with our staff and our service. Our team really cares and enjoys being part of our guests’ experiences; we believe this makes all the difference and thank your for recognising them.

Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 24 February 2014

As a regular client of the Westbury this time my stay was just to put my head down in the evenings. My son was having surgery so coming back late in the evening the staff could not do enough for me weather it was room service or just a friendly chat after coming in from spending a long day at the hospital. Each morning they filled a small bag filled with yummy cakes for the kids in the hospital , how many people can say that about a 5 star hotel. This is way it will always be "My Home from Home" the above says it all. This is my 3rd review over a 3 year period the other 2 reflect on the hotel amenities but I think it's very important to see this side as it shows what a caring and very taugtful staff they have, my son has round 2 surgery soon and with no dough the kids in Crumlin will look forward to the yummies from the super kind staff at the Westbury. From my son and myself thank you.

• Stayed February 2014
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear 246810911,

Wow! What a lovely review. I hope that your son makes a full recovery back to health after his surgery and thank you for your fabulous review.

I am really proud of the team here at The Westbury and it is indeed heart warming to read your review As a team we firmly believe that our service sets us apart and I am delighted that we went that extra mile to make your son and the other kids in Crumlin Hospital feel special and look forward to the treats.

Thank you again for your feedback, I will share your review with my all my colleagues and may I wish you and your son a very happy and healthy 2014.

Vincent O'Gorman
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We had a really disappointing start to our stay in the hotel as we had organised an early midday check-in but when we arrived at 2pm our room wasn't ready. We said that we would go and have some lunch while we waited for a call to let us know the room was ready. They were also aware that we were going out for dinner at 6:30pm as their concierge had booked this for us. We returned at 4pm to be told that our room was now ready even though they never called to let us know. Upon check-in we were presented with a gift voucher for a complimentary dinner or lunch during our 1 night stay. They already knew we were going out for dinner but had failed to let us know of the availability of this lunch voucher before we went and paid for lunch elsewhere. I was annoyed at this and after speaking to one of the managers they did their best to get us a different gift of equal value. A business can always be judged on how well they handle mistakes/confrontation, and I can safely say that the Westbury did a brilliant job at this. The room was lovely, although I don't really like the large soft pillows on the bed as I find they offer no support (that's a personal preference though). The general vibe of the hotel is brilliant. Staff are friendly and incredibly helpful. The breakfast was one of the best I have had for a long time, and the location is fantastic for exploring Dublin. Will definitely return and after speaking to the manager have been assured that all the small details will be looked after

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear BMartin79,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent visit to The Westbury Hotel.

I was frustrated to read of the challenges you experienced during your recent visit and I was really disappointed that you had such a negative start to our visit for what should have been a memorable and enjoyable stay. We strive to achieve the highest standards of service and quality and I was most disheartened to read your review.

However, I was delighted that Joseph our Guest Relations Manager was able to turn the negative into a positive and that we managed to turn things around for you. I am thrilled that overall you had a brilliant time during your visit and that your room was lovely and the staff met your expectations and the general vibe in the hotel was brilliant.

I know that Joseph has reached out to you to make contact on your next visit to us but if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me I will be more than pleased to offer you any assistance.

Once again thank you for bringing your experience to our attention and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Westbury Hotel during 2014.

Yours sincerely