“Beautiful Hotel within an Amazing City”
Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #6 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Cirencester, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Hotel within an Amazing City”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My girlfriend and I were in Dublin for the weekend, although we didn’t stay at the Westbury we wish we did. We came into the westbury hotel after I proposed to her. We decided to treat ourselves to a bit of luxury.
The hotel was just so beautiful and relaxing. My evening was perfect, as were the staff members. Colm at the desk who brought us to the bar was so welcoming and professional. Then Darren at the bar was just a delight, so friendly. The bar is such a wonderful & soothing place for what we needed. We will most defiantly return for a minimoon.

Room Tip: We didnt stay but the rooms all looked amazing.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Morglander90
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Morglander90,

Congratulations on your recent engagement and thank you for posting your review.

I am glad that you choose our hotel to mark your special celebrations and that you enjoyed the ambiance and décor and we helped to make your day special.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back and I will be delighted to welcome you on your minimoon.

Regards,

Vincent O’Gorman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
West Cork
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed at the fabulously located Westbury recently, and it has all of the luxuries one associates with a 5 star in Dublin, e.g., beautiful lobby, sumptuous and very clean rooms in restful colours, exceedingly comfortable beds, nespresso machine in room, giant bath sheets, nice toiletries and valet parking. The two things that stood out for me, however, were the staff and the breakfast. I had the breakfast sent to the room, and the sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs and pastries were absolutely first class. This should be a given, of course, but hotels rarely deliver when it comes to breakfast. The staff were personable, smartly dressed, helpful and attentive, without that rather annoying, über-formal, "hotel" attitude. Loved the staff, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dedicada
Dear Dedicada,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your visit to The Westbury Hotel.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and I am particularly pleased that our service was a great highlight and that we impressed you throughout your visit. We are delighted that we managed to deliver exceptional service that was warm and personal and that all my colleagues went the extra mile to facilitate you during your stay with us.

I hope that we you come back to visit us again soon and thanking you again for your wonderful review.

Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Westbury to celebrate our recent engagement. Upon arrival we were greeted with a friendly smile and quickly checked into our room (610). The room was well appointed although a little smaller than we would have hoped. The Westbury is in a fantastic location and this really helped getting around the City. I had made contact with the hotel to let them know of our engagement, to which I received a note back to say they would try and do something special to mark the occasion. Regrettably, and despite emailing the hotel during the stay nothing materialised. We took breakfast on two occasions, once in the Wilde restaurant and again in our room. The breakfast was very nice and the staff were very attentive whilst in the restaurant. On Saturday evening before venturing into the city we took the chance to have a couple of cocktails in the Marble bar. The atmosphere was great and the staff were really helpful in choosing a lovely cocktail. Service was excellent. On our final day we had a small issue with the shower in our room and no water for about a minute. Upon checking out we decided to point out the minor hiccups we had during the stay. The receptionist then introduced us to Joseph. I have to say that I appreciate that some times things go wrong but I judge on how these things are rectified. Joseph was attentive and showed genuine concern for not achieving the high standards that they like to give. We were made to feel valued and listened to. Joseph resolved our problems in a very professional manner. In short an excellent hotel ideally situated with a really passion for getting it right for the customer. I would definitely stay at the Westbury again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Ceriamdsharon,

Your feedback is incredibly important to me, thank you for taking the time to write about your stay and allowing us to learn from your experience.

Whilst I am happy that you enjoyed our service, the friendliness of our team and that you thought your location was great for sightseeing and visiting the many shops restaurants and bars I was very sorry to read that there were aspects of your stay which failed to meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies that we failed to recognise your special celebrations, however I am delighted that Joseph managed to save the day and resolved the situation.
I am delighted that you will come and stay with us again and may I congratulate you and your fiancée on your engagement.
Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back again during 2014.

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

When in Ireland, I frequently stay at The Westbury, and I am always happy with it. Service is great and very friendly, rooms are nice and modern, and beds are comfortable. A really nice hotel that I recommend.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Eric_Lemon,

Thank you for your great review following your recent visit with us.

All the team here at the Westbury genuinely care about our guests and they will be delighted that they managed to exceeded your expectations and make your stay a memorable occasion.

Your support is greatly valued and I hope we can be a home away from home for you whenever you are in Dublin.

We all look forward to welcoming you back again and thank you again for your continued support.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

My sister and I enjoyed an afternoon tea here and both pretty much shared the same opinion on everything.  First impressions were mixed.  We were delighted to get a window seat overlooking the bustling Grafton Street and the whole setting met our expectations but we were very disappointed to see that the cups and saucers were plain white cups like you'd get in any coffee shop.  We assumed fine china would be a basic part of an afternoon tea.  I know it sounds petty but it actually took from the whole experience and it's something so easy to rectify.  Once we got over this annoyance, we chose the breakfast tea and the full selection of choice of sandwiches, scones and pastries.  I have to say, as sandwiches and scones go, these were gorgeous.  However, we both felt the sandwiches might have been made with a while, with slightly hard edges and the egg had seeped through to the outside of the sandwich in parts.  We both absolutely loved the scones, they were our favourite part.  We weren't totally gone on all the sweet treats but that was mainly down to personal taste.  The tea was fabulous also, as were the staff.  They were professional yet really friendly and down to earth.  We really enjoyed the experience and never felt rushed.  We were there for about two hours on a busy Saturday but felt totally relaxed and pampered when leaving.  The final issue is the price, it's more expensive than its competition but because of the few (easily rectified) disappointments, we felt it was overpriced.  This may be why it had availability when we rang when two of its competitors had none.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Clarence2008
Dear Clarence2008

Thank you for posting your review following your visit to the Westbury for Afternoon Tea.

I am pleased to you were impressed with the service and that the personal nature of our service was a highlight for you and your sister. We want to ensure that every guest is cared for as an individual and feel welcome and at home.

I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with some aspects of your visit and I would like to assure you that I will take all your comments on board and deal with them as a matter of urgency. I have noted your comments regarding our pricing and I regret that you did not feel it represented good value. I would like to assure you that we continually monitor our prices against those of our competitors to ensure we offer value for money, we always ensure we place great emphasis on value, quality and ultimately the total experience.

It is important for me that you know I value your feedback, take your comments very seriously and genuinely hope that you make a return visit to The Westbury again soon.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We had a great weekend in this hotel, clean and modern! very polite and helpful staff! Breakfast was lovely, a good selection of foods! Central location which we wanted and within walking distance to most attractions! Would recommend and stay again!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jmuir1985
Dear Jmuir1985,

I am delighted that you had a great time while visiting us recently and thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and that our locations was a bonus for you, it is terrific to be able to walk to the wonderful array of shops bars and restaurants that surround the Westbury Hotel.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Galway
Reviewed 2 March 2014

It was actually August 2010 when we stayed at the westbury for almost a week to celebrate our engagement! It was the most gorgeous hotel in a super location! We are going back this April with our new little baby and I just cannot wait!!! There is just something so special about this hotel and its location.. You won't be disappointed, book without hesitation :)

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Dianne c
Dear Dianne c,

Thank you for your wonderful review and I am glad that you thought we are a little bit of heaven.

We all look forward to welcoming you back along with your new baby in April.