“Luxury in the middle of Dublin”
Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #7 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Great experience at the Westbury. From the moment we checked in the staff made us feel welcome and whatever we needed they got for us. The rooms were well-appointed but not gigantic for a standard queen-sized bed. You're not going to get scenic views of Ireland but the fact that you're right next to Grafton street is worth the price of admission. There are plenty of shops/restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Andrew J,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip advisor following your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled that you had an anjoyable stay with us and that our location was suitable for you for visiting the many amenities that are all so close by.

I hope that you come and visit us again soon and thanks for your review. I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Vincent O’Gorman

Write a ReviewReviews (4,105)

Reviewed 6 March 2014

A beautiful hotel and a great location. The fitness center was a bit small and the equipment was half broken, not what I expected from a luxury hotel. Other than that it was a great stay. Breakfast was very tasty and the afternoon tea looked very relaxing in a beautiful seating area.

• Stayed: February 2014
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Jessica S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to us on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the décor and ambience of the hotel and though
t the location was perfect I am however disappointed to read your comments on our gym but I am happy to advise you that we shall me shortly investing in this to ensure the comfort levels of our guests are improved.

I hope that I have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

We booked in for a lovely high tea after a lovely day shopping. Colm in reception was very welcoming and the food was outstanding. All the members off staff where very helpful and friendly and it was a lovely end to great day, can't wait to go back !!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Jamie07765,

Thank you for your review following your visit to The Westbury for Afternoon Tea.

I am pleased to you were impressed with the service and that the personal nature of our service was a highlight for you. We want to ensure that every guest is cared for as an individual and feel welcome and at home.

I am delighted that you are planning on coming back to us again and I look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

My girlfriend and I were in Dublin for the weekend, although we didn’t stay at the Westbury we wish we did. We came into the westbury hotel after I proposed to her. We decided to treat ourselves to a bit of luxury.
The hotel was just so beautiful and relaxing. My evening was perfect, as were the staff members. Colm at the desk who brought us to the bar was so welcoming and professional. Then Darren at the bar was just a delight, so friendly. The bar is such a wonderful & soothing place for what we needed. We will most defiantly return for a minimoon.

Room Tip: We didnt stay but the rooms all looked amazing.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Morglander90

Dear Morglander90,

Congratulations on your recent engagement and thank you for posting your review.

I am glad that you choose our hotel to mark your special celebrations and that you enjoyed the ambiance and décor and we helped to make your day special.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back and I will be delighted to welcome you on your minimoon.

Regards,

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed at the fabulously located Westbury recently, and it has all of the luxuries one associates with a 5 star in Dublin, e.g., beautiful lobby, sumptuous and very clean rooms in restful colours, exceedingly comfortable beds, nespresso machine in room, giant bath sheets, nice toiletries and valet parking. The two things that stood out for me, however, were the staff and the breakfast. I had the breakfast sent to the room, and the sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs and pastries were absolutely first class. This should be a given, of course, but hotels rarely deliver when it comes to breakfast. The staff were personable, smartly dressed, helpful and attentive, without that rather annoying, über-formal, "hotel" attitude. Loved the staff, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dedicada

Dear Dedicada,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your visit to The Westbury Hotel.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and I am particularly pleased that our service was a great highlight and that we impressed you throughout your visit. We are delighted that we managed to deliver exceptional service that was warm and personal and that all my colleagues went the extra mile to facilitate you during your stay with us.

I hope that we you come back to visit us again soon and thanking you again for your wonderful review.

Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Westbury to celebrate our recent engagement. Upon arrival we were greeted with a friendly smile and quickly checked into our room (610). The room was well appointed although a little smaller than we would have hoped. The Westbury is in a fantastic location and this really helped getting around the City. I had made contact with the hotel to let them know of our engagement, to which I received a note back to say they would try and do something special to mark the occasion. Regrettably, and despite emailing the hotel during the stay nothing materialised. We took breakfast on two occasions, once in the Wilde restaurant and again in our room. The breakfast was very nice and the staff were very attentive whilst in the restaurant. On Saturday evening before venturing into the city we took the chance to have a couple of cocktails in the Marble bar. The atmosphere was great and the staff were really helpful in choosing a lovely cocktail. Service was excellent. On our final day we had a small issue with the shower in our room and no water for about a minute. Upon checking out we decided to point out the minor hiccups we had during the stay. The receptionist then introduced us to Joseph. I have to say that I appreciate that some times things go wrong but I judge on how these things are rectified. Joseph was attentive and showed genuine concern for not achieving the high standards that they like to give. We were made to feel valued and listened to. Joseph resolved our problems in a very professional manner. In short an excellent hotel ideally situated with a really passion for getting it right for the customer. I would definitely stay at the Westbury again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Ceriamdsharon,

Your feedback is incredibly important to me, thank you for taking the time to write about your stay and allowing us to learn from your experience.

Whilst I am happy that you enjoyed our service, the friendliness of our team and that you thought your location was great for sightseeing and visiting the many shops restaurants and bars I was very sorry to read that there were aspects of your stay which failed to meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies that we failed to recognise your special celebrations, however I am delighted that Joseph managed to save the day and resolved the situation.
I am delighted that you will come and stay with us again and may I congratulate you and your fiancée on your engagement.
Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back again during 2014.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 March 2014

When in Ireland, I frequently stay at The Westbury, and I am always happy with it. Service is great and very friendly, rooms are nice and modern, and beds are comfortable. A really nice hotel that I recommend.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Eric_Lemon,

Thank you for your great review following your recent visit with us.

All the team here at the Westbury genuinely care about our guests and they will be delighted that they managed to exceeded your expectations and make your stay a memorable occasion.

Your support is greatly valued and I hope we can be a home away from home for you whenever you are in Dublin.

We all look forward to welcoming you back again and thank you again for your continued support.

Kind regards,