The Westbury Hotel is conveniently located in downtown Dublin just off Grafton Street. If you look on Bing or Google Maps, note that they don’t have it in the correct location. It is indeed off of Grafton and not on Grafton Street. You can find it tucked into the corner of Balff and Harry Streets.
The Westbury is an upper end hotel in a fantastic location with great amenities. I stayed for a week on business in a room with a single king size bed. The room had heat and A/C, a flat screen TV with movie options, a decent size desk, small table with two chairs, minibar, tea kettle, coffee maker, selection of teas and coffees, full size bathtub with shower and heated towel rack. Other amenities included:
• Hair dryer and makeup mirror
• Shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and body wash
• Robes and slippers
• Iron and board
• Shoe shine and sewing repair kit
The room was very clean and fairly quiet with noise from other guests coming from the hall almost non-existent. My colleague, who had a same class of room, and I both had the same impression about the mattresses. It was comfortable enough but had a significant divot on one side from previous guests and probably should be replaced.
There was access to free (and fast) wifi as well as ports where you could plug in if you wanted to use a Cat5 connection. The room also had UK plug formats but there was one US plug format near the desk. Better to bring a plug adapter.
The hotel has a large lobby where you could dine or just sit and have a drink. They also have a restaurant this is open daily for breakfast seating and only open for dinner seating on the weekend. Service at the hotel was exceptional. I was asked by several people upon checkin if I needed help with my bags and they checkin process was very efficient. At checkin, I was also given the option of getting a choice of two newspapers delivered to the room daily. Nice touch! I did have a small issue with the lock on my door. They didn’t manage to get it fully fixed during my visit but it wasn’t for lack of trying. I also had an issue with an odd buzzing sound coming from a panel in the ceiling. It happened occasionally and once again they tried to get it fixed and although it was better by the time I left, it never did get fully resolved.
We had breakfast daily in the hotel restaurant and the menu offered a good mix of items. The continental breakfast was exceptional and the a la carte options were excellent.
The location really can’t be beat. Lots of shopping and restaurants and pubs of all kind on Grafton Street and in the area. A 5 minute walk up Grafton brings you to St. Stephen’s Green, a large park. Also beside the park is the start of one of the LUAS tram lines. A 15 minute walk the other direction takes you to the shores of the Liffey, Temple Bar area and another LUAS line.
Business will bring me back to Dublin several more times and I am looking forward to my next
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of The Leading Hotels of the World and rejuvenated by a multi-million euro refurbishment, The Westbury is an urban retreat with Dublin city on its doorstep. Located just off Grafton Street, in the heart of Dublin, this stylish 5-star hotel provides easy access to the city's best entertainment and business districts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Doyle Collection, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Westbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westbury Hotel Dublin
- Westbury Dublin
- Hotel Westbury