“What a wonderful stay”
Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #6 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We arrived in Dublin last month and had a wonderful time in The Westbury Hotel in Dublin.
The room was spacious and ultra luxurious with everything a lady could wish for!
My friend was on a healthy diet and we had mentioned this and the mini bar temptation to one of the managers. When we got back to our room a gorgeous fruit hamper was awaiting us. We felt truly spoiled and looked after throughout our stay.
The service and staff were warm and friendly and highly efficient.
This was one of the best times either of us have ever experienced - highly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2014
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Cloggi,

We could not ask for a better review and I am delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us.

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and I am delighted that we were able to go the extra mile and help your friend stick to her diet. I hope you both enjoyed the fruit basket and I am delighted that you had such a memorable visit.

Thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Vincent O’Gorman

Write a ReviewReviews (4,192)

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

May i just say how wonderful.the Westbury hotel is. I had the opportunity of staying for 2 nights last weekend and as a solo lady traveller i just couldnt fault this fabulous hotel. From the minute i landed i was treated so well and i never felt uncomfortable or awkard and to say i was given top class service is an under statement the service was just amazing. Thomas on reception was just so nice and so helpful and the conceriege was just a dream and as for the service i received on their terrace well it was pure amazing. My breakfast in the restaurant on both days was excellant and the waiter was just superb he couldnt do enough for me so if anybody has read negitive reviews about this amazing hotel just ignore them as i have travelled all over the world and the Westbury is definitely a five star plus hotel and the staff couldnt do enough....it was so good i am returning this week with my sister in law...i just cant wait...well done to the fabulous Westbury.Ger Kearney

• Stayed: March 2014
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Holidayathotel,

What an amazing review thank you so much we were delighted to have you as our guest and thank you for sharing your wonderful review with others.

It was our pleasure to have you with us and I am delighted that you received top class service all the way and that we ticked all the right boxes.

Thank you again for taking the time to write your fabulous review your recommendations are incredibly important to all of us here at The Westbury and recommendations like yours is and always will be the most powerful form of referral.

We all look forward to welcoming you back again this week with your sister in law and thank you again.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

This hotel could not be in a better location right in the heart of the City with lots of shops, bars & restaurants on the doorstep. This is a very comfortable hotel with a great restaurant (Wilde's) and very pleasant attentive staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Jeanette C

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip advisor following your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that our location was suitable for you for visiting the many amenities that are all so close by.

I hope that you come and visit us again soon and thanks for your review. I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I booked at short notice The Westbury, Dublin.
We arrived very early in the morning and was greeted by a lovely reception lady Hazel.
This young lady was so professional and personable.
The location is perfect for anything in Dublin
First class, don't stay anywhere else.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank I_just_love_food

Dear I-just_Love_food.

Thank you for your “wow” review following your recent stay at the Westbury Hotel.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your visit and that we helped make your birthday threat an enjoyable and memorable occasion.

I hope that we have the pleasure to welcome you back again soon and thank you again for your great review.

Regards,

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Hotels of this standard, five star, and this price need to make sure that they deliver an exceptional experience and The Westbury seems to me to need a firm hand.

The outside of the building is not that prepossessing but the staff welcome at the door and reception desk was both warm and professional. The inside is lovely with a bright, atmospheric lounge and a more intimate restaurant; it is also apparently one of only two hotels in the Republic that is no smoking throughout. The groundfloor bistro is quirky and chic with attentive staff as well as good food. The bedroom (we were charmed into paying for an upgrade by the receptionist) was massive and well decorated. The buts started in the room: the coffee machine did not work, there were no biscuits and no fresh milk and we had arrived late in the evening and did not want the fuss of complaining; the room was also unbelievably hot and I am someone who is always cold.

Breakfast was deeply disappointing. We received a very off hand greeting from the girl on front of house that would receive a rapid reprimand from Michel Roux were she part of his Service tv show, were then despatched to a table in a dark corner in the back, surrounded by the detritus of other people's uncleared breakfasts and had to semaphore for a waiter. A couple who arrived after us were taken to a nice bright table near the window and served straight away. The buffet contained an array of tempting offerings but toast arrived burst and the presence of uncleared tables all around was a very effective diet aid; we did not linger.

The Westbury emailed to ask what I thought of my stay and I emailed them telling them; I received back a cursory email saying they regretted not meeting my expectations and hoped I would not be deterred from staying there in the future; guess again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Discerningguest,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Westbury on Trip Advisor following your recent stay.

Let me start by saying that I apologise unreservedly for the issues you experienced in your room and for the service and standards at breakfast. The issues highlighted by you are simply unacceptable and inexcusable and I can only apologize for what was clearly a failing from our team.

I am sorry that you did enjoy your stay with us and we will of course take your feedback on board. Despite the many positive comments we receive about our service and standards and comfort of our hotel we always need to look at what we need to do better and we will digest your comments with this in mind. We are always thankful and appreciative of feedback, even when disappointing as we believe we can only improve and offer a better service and quality of product if we truly listen to what our customers are saying about us.

I apologies that our automated reply caused you offence this was not out intention. I sincerely hope that my apology and assurance that we take your comments seriously will restore some of your faith and allow you to give us another opportunity to show you what we can and do deliver at the Westbury.

I would be very grateful if you would contact me personally when you are next planning a visit to Dublin. Thank you for choosing the Westbury Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

The Westbury hotel was a delight to stay in. Accommodation and facilities were excellent - supported by fantastic service right from arrival by the staff, most notably Colum at checkin, Ashley the concierge and Jo in the gallery. We found Colum extremely helpful on arrival, Ashely was always on-hand and extremely helpful and Jo provided fantastic service for our very enjoyable afternoon tea. All in all a fantastic hotel, in a great location with some of the friendliest staff.

Room Tip: Concierge are always happy to help books taxis and help with restuarant recommendations
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caroline J

Dear Caroline J,

We could not ask for a better review than to say we are the best hotel you have ever stayed in. Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your visit to The Westbury Hotel.

I am delighted that you were so impressed with the service and that the personal nature of our service was a highlight for you. We want to ensure that every guest is cared for as an individual and feel welcome and at home. All of my colleagues were delighted to have been able to assist you during your stay and thank you for recognising them.

I am delighted that you had such a good time and I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

A brilliant place to sit back and unwind after an afternoon in the city. This hidden gem just off Grafton Street in the heart of Dublin City offers an unforgettable experience if you are staying or just dining. A professional (most of the time) staff serve to precision. Elegance is key here.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank StephenBlue

Dear StephenBlue,

I am delighted that you had such a good time while visiting us recently.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and sharing your experience with others. There is no better way to relax, unwind and do a bit of people watching while at the same time enjoy the ambiance of the Gallery and enjoy the delights of our scrumptious afternoon tea.

I am delighted that you had an unforgettable time and I hope we have the pleasure of having you back soon again.