“Spoilt in Dublin”
Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #7 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

I was brought here for my birthday ! What a treat !
Had a fantastic room and really enjoyed the friendly ambience and helpful staff!

The room was amazing and I have never slept so well in a hotel!
Fantastic breakfast the next morning ! Superb
Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2014
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear HanlonD,

I am delighted that we managed to spoil you on your birthday. Thank you indeed for your great review.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your visit and that we helped make your birthday an enjoyable and memorable occasion and I hope that you will return to us soon again.

Thank you again for your great review.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I recently stayed in this hotel and I'm glad I returned again , upon checking in the very pleasant receptionist asked was it a special occasion ,, I said actually its my birthday ,,
Checked into to our bright and nicely decorated room ,, a few minutes later the manger sent up a lovely selection of handmade chocolates on a plate saying happy birthday !! A really nice touch ,,
Went out for dinner that night and came back and rose petals were on our bed and a bottle of champagne ,, what a lovely surprise ,, staff were so attentive and welcoming ,, especially Joseph who greeted us upon checking in ,, what a nice guy !!
Thank you to all the staff for making it a special day ,, will return soon,, flowers in reception amazing ,,

Room Tip: Superior room worth it

Dear Karen C,

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your “special” visit to The Westbury.

I am delighted that we helped make your birthday celebrations memorable and that you enjoyed the special birthday treats. I am glad that my colleagues went the extra mile to make your stay so special.

Thank you again for your great review and I hope that you make your visit a yearly event.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I landed in Dublin's airport at 6am after having flown overnight from the States. I didn't sleep at all in my tiny coach seat so needless to say I was delirious when I arrived at the Westbury. I didn't expect for my room to be ready given the early hour but the front desk attendant must have recognized my travel weariness because she offered me another room that was slightly more expensive but available immediately. I took the room and proceeded to take a fantastic power nap on a very comfortable bed for the next two hours. Between the nap, shower and change of clothes I was a new woman ready to explore beautiful rainy Dublin.

The room was lovely. Very simple in design and décor and had a great view of Grafton Street. The bathroom was nice but on the small side, especially the shower. Little tricky getting in and out and a little on the narrow side but I managed.

The concierge had great recommendations for things to see and do and he found me great little spots to have lunch and dinner that were walking distance from the hotel.

The best part about this hotel is the location. You're right in the heart of everything. Just steps outside front door is the best shopping Dublin has to offer. Most of the popular sights are easily walkable in 15 minutes or less.

Everyone at the hotel was very friendly and accommodating. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you find yourself in Dublin and are looking for a solid 4 star stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, Front Office Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Luxurybarginlover,

Thank you for your great review following your visit to us recently,

I am glad that we were able to facilitate your early arrival and that you managed to grab a power nap before heading out to enjoy the city. Our location is wonderful with all the shops restaurants and bars within walking distance to the hotel.

I am delighted that my colleagues were able to offer you assistance and recommendations to enjoy and thanks again for your posting your review.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

We have just had the Best Hotel Experience Ever, The Westbury has always been on our Bucket List of Dublin Hotels,and it lived up to our dreams. From the moment we made our reservation we always felt we would be looked after, and we were.
The accommodation was first class! the staff Genuine and so Helpful from the reception staff, the porters, always giving you tips on where to eat and drink. The service and quality of the food at breakfast was second to none. It was my husbands birthday and this was mentioned at booking and the staff organised a sweet little surprise for him, so toughful and it made his day.
Can Not Wait to go back, on the doorstop of everything, why can't every Friday be a Westbury Friday, Hope to see you all again very soon.

Dear Anne H,

I just loved your review and I think it is a great idea to have a Westbury Friday every week.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your visit and that we helped make your husband’s birthday an enjoyable and memorable occasion.

I hope that we have the pleasure to welcome you back again soon and thank you again for your great review your recommendations are very important to us.

Regards,

Reviewed 14 March 2014

My wife and I arrived at 10:15AM after a transatlantic trip to Dublin. I requested a room as early as possible so we could get some sleep. My room wasn't ready until 2:45PM. With nowhere to sit in the lobby, we were left to wander about the lobby like transients. To make matters, we watched as another handful of guests were checked into their rooms without delay. I spoke with the night manager about the poor welcoming we received and was told to speak with guest relations in the morning. Seems a bit odd I have to speak with guest relations...aren't all hotel employees part of guest relations. The room was nice and the location is great but the service and complete lack of empathy was horrendous. If you plan on arriving early, don't expect anyone to assist you in any manner that will require more work than in minimally required. Next time, I will just sleep in my car in the parking lot. The Westbury Hotel in Dublin has the worst customer service. I would have stayed at the Westin like I had on my prior trip but it was completely booked. Skip the Westbury and stay at the Westin.

18  Thank timelymanner

Dear timelymanner,

I hope you will allow me to start by apologizing unreservedly for what was undoubtedly an unacceptable and understandably frustrating arrival experience, we clearly failed to deliver the service levels we pride ourselves on and this is simply inexcusable.

We always do our very best to have rooms ready, whenever our guests arrive, whether early in the morning or after our official check in time. However, on very rare occasions, there are situations, such as late departing guests from specific room types and the odd technical in-room issue, which prevents us from having a guest room ready on time. I absolutely understand the frustration this must have caused, particularly after such a long flight and I am incredibly sorry that you had to wait so long to get settled in. I am genuinely sorry that the wait was further compounded by what seems like very poor internal communication from our side and can assure you that I take your feedback very seriously. I hope you will accept my personal assurance that your experience is not indicative of the high service levels we strive to and do achieve so consistently (as can be attested from the many positive comments we receive) and I can assure you that we will use your feedback to close these gaps in our service as a matter of the utmost priority.

Given your experience I understand and recognize that your perception of us has been marred and I only hope that you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith in us. I would therefore be grateful if you would get in touch with me when you are next travelling to Dublin as I know we can and will meet and exceed your future expectations and just hope you give us the opportunity to do so.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at the Westbury on Valentine's night and we had a great time. The room was lovely (we had upgraded on arrival) and we found all the staff to be very helpful and friendly. We ate in the hotel restaurant and the food was excellent but it was the entire dining experience including the excellent service that made our stay all the more enjoyable. The hotel is in a great location.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear bab41,

Thank you for your fabulous review and I am delighted you chose us to celebrate Valentine’s night.

I am thrilled you had such a good time here, and that you enjoyed the upgrade and the dining experience. Thank you again for taking the time to write your fabulous review your recommendations are incredibly important to all of us here at The Westbury and recommendations like yours is and always will be the most powerful form of referral.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back during the year.

Vincent O'Gorman

Reviewed 13 March 2014

First stay in a few years at The Westbury was so enjoyable. Reception staff so slick. Concierge Eddie was so helpful. Afternoon tea is best in the the country. Service and food impeccable. Staff uniforms so smart. Breakfast is a real wow. Continental buffet has everything and A La Carte hot breakfast refreshing to see. Bedroom was superb. Great Bath and quiet nights sleep even though you are in the centre of town. Thank you and see you again soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Sid s,

Best 5 star in Town thank you so much for such a fabulous review, I could not ask for a better review.

I am thrilled that we met and exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed your visit and you thought breakfast was a wow and afternoon tea the best in the country, high praise thank you so much I am delighted that you had such a great time while visiting us.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again during 2014.