“Fantastic hotel - top honours”
Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #7 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 6 April 2014

simply faultless service at this hotel - makes for a memorable stay

the location is fantastic with plenty of bars and restaurants nearby

the staff - could not do enough and were really friendly

the rooms are excellent - large and modern warm and silent .... perfect

breakfast excellent - would love to stay here again some day

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Martinfjlewis,

I am delighted that your stay with us was exceptional from start to finish, thank you for taking the time to post your terrific review.

I am so happy that everything worked for you and that you thought our service was faultless our location fantastic, breakfast excellent and and our rooms were large warm and silent. I am also delighted that our team made your time with us memorable and truly special, it is the very best feedback we could ever ask for and exactly what we strive to achieve for all our guests.

Thank you for writing such a glowing review about us, I am delighted you had such a good time and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for The Westbury

Reviewed 6 April 2014

My wife andI stayed at the Westbury in April. We had often seen the Hotel on our trips to Dubin but had never stayed there. We left our car at the door and it was valet parked, I,m funny about my cars and as it was new I didn't like giving it to a total stranger to park,but I wasn't given an option. We were met at reception by two very friendly staff and given hot towels for our hands.
Our room was average in size for the 4 Star hotels we normally stay at. It was clean. It had a flat screen TV which for the room was quite small, an Nespresso machine but no instructions on how to use it, a safe, minibar, iron and ironing board. The bathroom was average in size but they didn't leave out shower gel with the toiletries( some 4 star hotels even give you toothbrushes). There were bathrobes,but no slippers.there is no pool,spa and only as all gym about the size of two bedrooms.
The hotel prices were excessive, €29 per person for breakfast and €20 per night for parking!
This hotel is in a good location and we enjoyed our time there however it's unlikely we will stay there again as you're paying 5 star prices for a good 4 star hotel. There are other hotels nearby offering better value.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark L
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Mark L

Thank you for your posting your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at The Westbury Hotel.

Whilst I am deeply disappointed in the review your feedback is incredibly important to me and my team, however I am grateful that you took the time to write about your experience and allow us to learn from it.

I hope you will accept my personal assurance that your experience is not indicative of the high standards and service levels we strive to and do achieve so consistently and I can assure you that we will use your feedback to close these gaps in our service as a matter of the utmost priority.

Given your experience I understand and recognize that your perception of us have been marred and I would appreciate the opportunity, if you would be amenable, to restore your faith in us. I know we can and will meet and exceed your expectations and I just hope you reach out to me and allow us the opportunity to do so. Please contact me at Vincent_ogorman@doylecollection.com when you are planning a return visit and I look forward, hopefully, to hearing from you.

With renewed apologies,

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Have to endorse all the earlier great reviews. Location was central and convenient. Staff were all attentive without being intrusive or overbearing. Room was comfortable, with great amenities. Restaurants and bars were good, but neighborhood is full of great places to go. Unreservedly recommended.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Ajaxtol

Dear Ajaxtol,

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review and to recommend us to others.
I am delighjted that we met and exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our locations is indeed a great bonus for shopping, site seeing, visiting the many boutique style bars and restaurants and the added bonues that all of them are within walking distance to the hotel.

We hope that you come back to visit us soon and thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed at the Westbury for 3 days on March 17-19. Being the bold but naive Americans we are, and being first-time visitors to Dublin, we decided to drive to our hotel from Shannon on St. Patrick's Day. Bad idea. After going in circles for 3 hours because of blocked roads, one way streets and 500,000 merry parade goers, we got within about 3 blocks of the Westbury, parked the car, unloaded our luggage, and trekked through the narrow streets in search of our sanctuary. Upon arriving safely albeit flustered, we checked in and headed straight to the lobby restaurant and bar.

After the hostess seated us and took our drink order we were approached by the manager on duty, Chris Weir. We must of looked out-of-sorts, because he immediately inquired if we needed anything. After explaining the fact we had abandoned our car several blocks away and asking if it would be okay for the night, he laughed politely and said, "uh, not likely, let's go get it now, it probably won't be there in the morning." Long story made bearable, Chris helped us find our car and personally drove it throughout the throngs of people and back alleys to a safe spot in the hotel garage. He refused a generous tip, but suggested the best of the dinner menu for that evening. We of course ordered his suggestion and had one of the most amazing meals in all of Ireland during our 10 day stay.

The room was fabulous and the Spa was first class. We explored the city and pubs at length over 3 days, but always looked forward to getting back to the Westbury for afternoon Tea overlooking the town centre. The accommodations, the food and the service were among the best you will find in any world class city. If you are visiting Dublin, you owe it to yourself to stay at the Westbury. And when you go, please say hi to Chris for us.

-Mike and Patty

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear ML034286,

What a great review and thank you for taking the time to tell others of your experience and for your recommendations.

I can only imagine the frustrations your must have experienced trying to drive through a strange city which is not easy and made all the more difficult with parades and road closures. I am delighted that Chris came to your rescue and went beyond the call of duty to get your car safely to your destination.

I am so happy that Chris and his team in Wilde made your time with us memorable and truly special, it is the very best feedback we could ever ask for and exactly what we strive to achieve for all our guests.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

The very best part of this hotel is the service and the staff, in particular the concierge, doormen and front desk. Nothing was too much trouble. The service is genuine, staff want to connect with you and most impressively they anticipate your needs. Room was fantastic, food is outstanding and the whole stay was effortless. Claudia, our babysitter was brilliant and even brought a little gift for our little one. You would find it very hard to top this hotel in terms of service, location and over all experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Paula D,

I am so thrilled that your stay with us was exceptional from start to finish, thank you for taking the time to post your fabulous review.

I am so happy that our team made your time with us memorable and truly special, it is the very best feedback we could ever ask for and exactly what we strive to achieve for all our guests.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We had a fabulous stay at the Westbury Hotel. The staff were friendly, welcoming and excellent at their jobs. Nothing was too much trouble. The room was beautiful. The food was lovely. The location is great, with lots to do close by. I really appreciated the chocolates and cards wishing m

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Anthony J

Congratulations on your birthday celebrations and thank you for choosing us we were delighted to have you stay with us and thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that all my colleagues helped to make your stay special and that you had a memorable stay with us. We hope to have you back again soon to be our guest and thank you again for your wonderful review.

Regards,

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel was absolutely great and you can't beat the location. We were here over St. Patrick's day and even with the massive crowds on Grafton Street our room was very quiet. From the doormen to the front desk & concierge the staff could not have been nicer. Free wi-fi in the rooms was an added bonus. I hope to make it back here again soon.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Minesh S

Thank you for posting your lovely review following your visit to us earlier this month.

I hope that you had a great St. Patrick’s Day and that you managed to get out and about to participate in the celebrations. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us our team here at The Westbnury genuinely care for all guests and their passion for looking after others is what we believe will set us apart and hopefully ensure our guests will continue to return to the Westbury. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Regards,