“Always enjoyable!”

Ranked #6 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Warrenpoint, United Kingdom
“Always enjoyable!”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a night away with partner. The hotel is 5* and does not disappoint. The room was well finished, and spotless. It was a birthday celebration so we were treated to an upgrade of front facing room and a birthday desert treat when we returned in the evening! The gallery is fabulous and anyone could sit here all day, enjoying the fine service. The breakfast is 5* in every manner. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for something special.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Roland M,

Thank you for posting your review following your recent visit to The Westbury Hotel.

To know that our team made you feel truly special is indeed wonderful. We know how important these moments are for our guests and will always do our very best to make these occasions and celebrations as memorable and special as possible. Our team genuinely enjoy playing their part in making these experiences truly memorable and will be delighted to know that they helped to make it a birthday to remember.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to what I hope is now your home away from home in Dublin.

Best wishes

Vincent O’Gorman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I stayed at the Westbury for one night on a recent business trip. The hotel is smart and has a good ambience - there is nice lounge area on the first floor. The hotel towel on arrival is a nice touch, and I love the benches in the lifts. The staff were friendly and helpful (for example, the receptionist spent some time with us explaining the local area on a map). The central location means it's only a short walk to experience some traditional Dublin nightlife. The room was OK - the furnishing felt a little dated, but was well-equipped and I slept comfortably. Overall, a very good stay and no real complaints. Not great in terms of value for money, but all hotels in Dublin seem expensive.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Ridgers1982,

A pleasure to hear you had such a positive experience and thank you for posting your review and telling others about the Westbury Hotel.

I am delighted that our location works for you and that you felt the style, décor and upkeep of our Hotel ticks all the right boxes for you. I am happy that our location worked for you and you managed to take in a stroll to the many restaurants and bars which are all so conviently located within walking distance to our hotel.

It was a real pleasure to have you with us, thank you for choosing the Westbury Hotel and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again on your next trip to Dublin.

Kind regards

Portmarnock
Reviewed 10 April 2014

There are no words to describe how special my stay was at The Westbury. The staff cannot do enough to assist and always with a welcoming smile. Location is prime and facilities are excellent. Décor A+

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Fiona N

I am delighted that you had such a good time with us and thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

I am thrilled that our team made your time with us memorable and that we exceeded your expectations, it is the very best feedback we could ever ask for and exactly what we strive to achieve for all our guests.

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Cheltenham
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Have just come back from a weekend in Dublin - this hotel couldn't have been better located ( just off Grafton St ) or more welcoming. From the moment we checked in they couldn't do enough. From a hot towel on arrival to a bottle of water when we left. Looking forward to my next trip to Dublin and staying at the Westbury.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Laurent B

I am delighted that you had such a great time with us and thank you for posting your great review on Trip Advisor.

I am so happy that our team made your time with us memorable and truly special, it is the very best feedback we could ever ask for and exactly what we strive to achieve for all our guests.

Thank you for writing such a terrific review about us, I am delighted you had such a good time and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Reception is good and professional with a very pleasant lobby / bar area. Unfortunately the bar serves lacklustre Guinness compared to any bar in the city.
The bedrooms are simple spacious & clean with good amenities.
The main problem with this hotel is the level of noise both internally and externally, it is incredible....
- 01:00 Lots of noise coming from the bedroom above.
- 02:24 Three taxi parked outside with radios blaring!
- 03:55 Truck unloading to a store opposite.
- 05:15 Street cleaner or trash collector outside.
- 06:12 First of multiple bedroom door banging.
- 06:25 Car horns outside

So, a terrible nights sleep particularly when combined with the poor pillows on the bed. Looking at trip advisors reviews I am struggling to correlate the high level of "excellent" ratings with my first experience here!

4 Thank Bigboy1959
Dear BigBoy 1959

Thank you for your review following your visti to us recently.

Whilst I am happy that you enjoyed some aspects of your stay , the friendliness of our team and that you thought your bedroom was well equipped and designed. I am however very sorry to read that there were aspects of your stay which failed to meet your expectations. We strive to exceed every guests’ expectations and deliver unparalleled service experiences that evolve into long term relationships with our customers. We clearly did not manage to do this and I wish to apologise unreservedly for the disturbances you experienced while visiting us. I will digest every aspect of your feedback with my team and can assure you we will firstly learn from your experience and secondly make concerted decisions with appropriate actions to ensure we close the gaps you highlighted. I would be most appreciative if you would get in touch with me at when you are next planning a visit to Dublin so I can restore your faith in us and assure you have a restful night whilst in our care.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope you will give us the opportunity to showcase the high standards we strive to achieve.

With renewed apologies

Northern Ireland
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Have visited many times and I still believe that this is the best value for money hotel in the centre of Dublin. Location is excellent and there is underground parking. We were on a B&B package, 2 rooms, and asked that one should overlook the front street as it was my mother-in-laws 85th birthday and they could relax in the room when tired of shopping. They were given a free upgrade to a junior suite and were given some lovely deserts as a treat for supper. Hotel is very clean and no issues what so ever regarding room, service or food.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are smaller that what may be expected for a 5 star hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Moon159
Dear Moon159,

Thank you for your great review following your recent visit with your family and I delighted that you had such a good time while with us.

Best wishes

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a lovely break with my partner at the Westbury. As soon as you walk in, it feels like a special place. Or room was beautifully decorated, quiet & the bed was extremely comfortable. I am taking off a star for the shower which was terrible, a trickle. But other than that it had everything you would expect from a five star hotel. Loved the Nespresso machine!
Any staff we met were polite & helpful. We did not eat at the hotel so I don't know what the food was like.
All in all, a lovely, luxurious break away from it all. Would love to go back again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Needaholiday2010

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us here at The Westbury Hotel and thank you for posting your review.

I am glad that we made you feel special and that you enjoyed the décor and your room was extremely comfoirtable. I have passed your comments on the shower to our maintenance manager for immediate review and please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I hope that you come back to visit us again and thank you again for your review.