“Exceeded Expectations!!!”
Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #7 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We had an amazing stay- were treated wonderfully. There was a minor issue with our room and we were upgraded to an amazing suite. Great for families and couples. TOP NOTCH Westbury- really!! Wonderful

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Londong2014

I am delighted that we managed to exceed your expectations and that you thought we were top notch.Thank you for taking the time to write your review and tell others about your experience.

I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again to The Westbury Hotel.

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Just back from a long weekend in Ireland and this hotel was perfect for us!! Right in the heart if Dublin just off graft on street which is the main shopping street !!! Staff very welcoming and friendly and food and there tea is amazing well done !!

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Loszy65

Dear Loszy65

I am delighted that you thought we were amazing and thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We are indeed blessed with our location and to have such a great selection of bars restaurants and the great shopping areas all within walking distance to us, it takes a lot of stress out of travelling around when you can just hop outside and enjoy all the amenities that are so close by.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Stayed for the weekend.. Room was lovely .. Small bathroom. Very loud in the night .. The Irish love to party.. Found the service great. Food was good.
The hotel had a great location!
I'm in love the the Irish. What a lovely nation!

Room Tip: No clue. You are in the heart of trouble! Ha ha ha ;)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear inikat77,

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your experience on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted that you love the Irish and that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our location suited you to visit the many bars & restaurants and shops that are within walking distance to our hotel.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon again.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

two nights at Westbury last weekend, a fabulous hotel, upgraded and a faultless stay. Staff very attentive. A well run busy but comfortable and welcoming hotel Now looking at Doyle hotels for stay in Cork in july as a result of Westbury experience Thankyou.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Gerard C

Dear Gerard C

I am thrilled that you had a faultless stay with us and that we managed to exceed your expectations.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon and I hope that you enjoy your stay in Cork.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

For Mother's day this year I decided to treat myself to an overnight break away from my children. The Westbury Hotel is fabulous. My room was large and luxurious and very comfortable, with a great view of the city (Room 602). After a lovely lunch in the bar I headed down Grafton Street for a little bit of shopping. I had every intention of going out to dinner, but as the room was so nice I opted to order room service and enjoy a movie in my comforatable child free surroundings. I slept great the bed was perfect and the next morning I travelled home feeling like I had been away far longer than 24 hours. Who knew you could have a holiday 3 miles from home! I will definitely do it again - maybe for Fathers day!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Denise R.

Thank you for your great review following your stay with us for Mother’s Day.

I am delightd that you enjoyed yourself so much and I hope that you do manage to return to us for a “holiday” for Father’s Day or maybe you can just come back to us for a no occasion stay.

I hope we have the pleasure of seeing you again and thank you for your wonderful review.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We didn't stay here, but we attended a medium-size group function and were very disappointed with the overall experience.

The Westbury is an impressive place to visit, extremely well-located, comfortably appointed, and so on. We were here for the annual dinner of a professional body which deliberately rotates the location where it brings its members together once a year. Somehow this place didn't work - the pre-dinner cocktails area was extremely narrow and excessively noisy (the old "hard surfaces" problem!) and the dinner-tables were too tightly packed, with not even enough space for side-plates.

The food was, putting it mildly, very AVERAGE - let's record that only the "Lemon Meringue Sundae" dessert got approving noises at our table, with Starters & Mains being very forgettable. Our Servers were certainly pleasant, but the overall delivery was, being totally fair, SLOW!

Sampling a venue like this through a "Group Function" is of course simply taking a "snapshot" - the picture that emerged for us on the night was not a good one!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gooner10_8
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Gooner 10_8

Your feedback is incredibly important to me and my team, however disappointing I am grateful that you took the time to write about your experience and allow us to learn.

I regret that we did not meet your expectations and please accept my sincere apologies for the standards and service you experienced while attending your event. This is far from the standards we aspire to and I would like to assure you that the matters raised by you have been addressed and dealt with accordingly.Your experience is most certainly not indicative of the high levels of service we strive to achieve and quality of product we maintain and I sincerely hope you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith in us when you are next planning an event. I would therefore be grateful if you can reach out to me at Vincent_ogorman@doylecollection.com and I hope that you give us the opportunity to restore your faith in us.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the Westbury Hotel and change your perception of us I am very confident we can meet and exceed your expectations if you would give us the opportunity to do so.

With renevew apologies

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Travelled to Dublin by train and treated ourselves to afternoon tea in The Westbury. The staff were fabulous and even though it appeared to be booked out the staff did their utmost to accommodate us and we were not disappointed. It was a bit expensive (€48 each) but that included a glass of champagne and more food than we could ever eat. The staff were fabulous - attentive and efficient. I would highly recommend a visit to this very elegant hotel. It is a long time since we stayed in The Westbury but after our recent afternoon tea experience, we are planning to return very soon.

Room Tip: Book in advance for afternoon tea - we nearly didn't get a table!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brecht56
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Brecht56,

I am delighted that you had such a great time while visiting us recently to enjoy Afternoon Tea.

The Gallery is renowned as a place to visit to sit and relax and enjoy our famous Afternoon Tea and at the same time so a bit of people watching. I am so happy that you had a good time.

Thank you for posting your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely.