“great hotel”
Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #7 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 27 April 2014

staff were extremely friendly and helpful; room was clean and comfortable with great linens and pillows; perfect location for roaming Dublin;great breakfast; wonderful lounge for a cocktail; I would recommend this hotel to anyone

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank George J W
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear George JW

I am thrilled that you had such a great time and that you enjoyed your recent visit to The Westbury.
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor and I am delighted that you loved your room and the pillows and linens were as you required. I am thrilled that our staff stood out for you they are a wonderful team and are truly dedicated to making all out guests stay special.

I am delighted that you recommended us to others and I hope that you come back & visit us soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 26 April 2014

This was our second visit to the Westbury and we had a fantastic time. The hotel has had much praise but what stood out for me was the housekeeping. On arrival our room was ready (even though we were early) and was always cleaned by the time we got back after breakfast. When the beds were turned down in the evening the room was cleaned again (not just a quick flick!) and we were left delicious chocolates. The Westbury is situated in a great place to explore Dublin - we really enjoyed our stay.

Dear marian b,

Thank you for choosing The Westbury for your return visit to Dublin and thank you for writing such a great review.

I am delighted that you loved your room, and that our accommodation team stood out for you. They are a wonderful team and they are dedicated to meeting and exceeding every guest’s requirements and making the guest experience personal welcoming and genuine.

Thank you for choosing the Westbury and I hope to welcome you back very soon!

Kind regards

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed at the Westbury over the Easter holidays. As soon as we arrived I knew we had booked a fabulous hotel. The staff at the Westbury make you feel so welcome from you second you arrive. On arrival we received a lovely hot towel for our hands, and check in was hassle free. As we approached our room a lady had arrived to see if we wanted our bed turned down for the evening, she also offered us bottled water and left us chocolates. When we entered our room I was really surprised at how spacious it was. The bathroom was immaculate, with plenty of towels, flannels and toiletries. No shortage of hot water throughout our stay. The room itself was again immaculately clean with tasteful décor. Bathrobes, slippers, nespresso coffee machine and lovely crystal wine and water glasses made the room feel a little more luxurious. On the second evening after being out all day we decided to have a drink at the bar before bed. Again a lovely pleasant member staff took our order, and then returned with nuts and pretzels. Checkout was quick, and we were offered bottled water for our journey home.

I have been raving about this hotel all week, and cannot wait to return to the Westbury in the future. Excellent hotel, excellent staff and excellent location.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Lynne H

I am thrilled that you gave us such a great review and I am delighted that you though we were a beautiful hotel.

It is great to read that you enjoyed your visit so much and that everything from check in to check out was hassle free, exactly as it shoule be. I am indeed lucky to have such a wonderful team that go the exta mile to make sure that every guest has an exceptional and wonderful stay. The team will be thrilled to receive your feedback and thank you for your kind words.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon and I hope that you continue to rave about us, as word of mouth is surely the best marketing tool of all. We hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We decided on the Westbury because of its location. We were not disappointed. The location provides easy access to tour operators, points of interests, pubs and restaurants. And, our stay at the Westbury hotel over four days was exceptional. It is a 5 star hotel. Our room was comfortable, clean and quiet. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast in the Gallery one morning and the last night in Dublin we had dinner in the hotel's café. We were pleasantly surprised both at the high quality of the food and the very attentive server. We loved Dublin. And like Dublin all of the staff working at the Westbury were friendly, helpful and very attentive. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Anne B

I am thrilled that you had such a great time while visiting us recently and thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

What a great review I am thrilled that our location was good for you and that you managed to get out and about to see the many places of interest that are all within easy access to us. I am delighted that all the team here made you feel special and that you enjoyed breakfast on The Gallery and dinner in Novo. The team will be delighted to receive your feedback.

I am delighted that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back and I hope that you don’t leave it too long before returning.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Fantastic experience. It is a Stylish, modern hotel conveniently located off of Grafton Street. Beautifully appointed rooms, we stayed here at the beginning and end of our Easter holiday in Dublin. Lobby is great for tea in the afternoon and quite the jet set scene in the evening. Excellent coffee shop which serves healthy breakfast fare. Great for business and leisure travels. Concierge gives great food and entertainment recommendations. All in all I would stay here again when in Dublin next.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear NYC_JMac

Fabulous review! Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent visit to The Westbury Hotel.

I am delighted that you had a fantastic experience and that your stay was excellent. I am thrilled that our location worked for you and that you enjoyed our wonderful Afternoon Tea and the Gallery in the evening for some people watching. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon again.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

This hotel is just excellent. We stayed here twice - once for a few days before driving south and once before leaving Ireland. The hotel is in an excellent location and the staff is just excellent. They are very flexible when working with you. There was a very slight delay when we arrived. They promptly provided us with a complimentary coffee and sent someone to check on us and give us information about the area while we waited, even though it was just for a few minutes. It was very nice, one of those things that makes you not even really care that things are just a bit delayed. They then delivered chocolates to welcome us and had a very nice turndown service. We also had an easy time with our Amex benefits here. This is one of the best hotels I have stayed at.

Dear nycvillage25

What a fabulous review I am delighted that you rated us as one of the best hotels you have ever visited. That is really high praise and thank you for taking the time to post your review and telling others about your experience.

I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations on both visits and I am delighted that we managed to get you checked in and comfortable in a short space of time.

I am extremely proud to have a wonderful team of individuals who simply love what they do and go the extra mile to deliver exceptional service they will be delighted to receive your feedback.

Thank you for staying with us and for your great recommendations and I am hope that you will return to us in the future.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Cannot fault this hotel. We had a large room, super-comfortable bed, and the service was excellent. Right on Grafton Street, you just need to step out and down a short walk to be among all that Grafton Street has to offer, and very close to St Stephens Green. Plenty of restaurants, cafes and bars to choose from. Perfect location, wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear westOz

Thank you for taking thetime to post your wonderful review.

It is a pleasure to read that you thought so highly of us and that everything was excellent. We are indeed lucky to be located just off Grafton Street and to have such a wonderful array of shops restaurants and bars right outside our doors and that everything is so convenient and within walking distance.

I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon again and thank you for your great review.

Yours sincerely