“Very enjoyable”

Ranked #6 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
dublin,ireland
“Very enjoyable”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We had a very enjoyable stay at the Westbury, as always. Breakfast is especially good. A front room overlooking Grafton Street is nice. The staff are friendly and helpful. We enjoy afternoon tea, however, the price of this is exorbitant, and represents poor value in comparison to many other 5 star hotels in Ireland, where the quality is at least as good( some offering 'top-ups' when sandwiches etc. are finished ).

Room Tip: Front rooms are brighter.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dubliner_8
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Dubliner 8,

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that breakfast was especially good. I am thrilled that our team here made you feel really special.

Whilst I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay I am disappointed that you did not feel that afternoon tea was good value, I will certainly take your comments on board regarding this and the top up offerings and review with my Executive Chef.

I hope that this would not deter you from returning to us and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back.

Regards,

Vincent O’Gorman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I was only in Dublin for about 24 hours in-between stops on a business trip, and I decided to set up base at the Westbury based on other reviews. The location is very central - just off of Grafton Street and a short to comfortable walk to many other sites: St. Stephen's Green, Trinity College (both ~5 min); St.Patrick's, Dublin Castle (~10 min); Guinness Storehouse (~20 min). The staff was very welcoming when I arrived, and the concierge handed me a map and helped me plan out a sightseeing route to maximize my time. I only take one star off because the room was a little worn and not in keeping with the loveliness of the rest of the hotel. But, that wouldn't discourage me from staying again! I especially recommend this hotel if you are only in Dublin for a couple of days.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Aimella
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Aimella,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your over night stay with us.
I know we are blessed with our location we are so central to the very many attrctions which surround the hotel and the fact that you can walk to all of them is indeed an added bonus. I am especially delighted that the team were on hand to help you maximise your time while here.

I hope that you come back and visit us again and maybe next time you can stay a bit longer with us.

Regards,

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 30 April 2014

As a guest at the Westbury as we speak, after being recommended by a friend to stay here We dragged our luggage in after a long trip with no assistance . That being cleared up by a lovely and helpful Rachel from Guest relations and after being charged extra to stay in the room we thought we had booked in the first place , we arrived in our room to find no separate bath tub , but hey, we didn't complain . We were just relieved to have a bed . A cool drink from the mini bar might be nice but hang on the drinks were all room temp ? The fridge must be out of order . Silly us, it's not a refrigerator , it's a cupboard that looks just like a mini bar, is stocked with cola, beer , soft drinks and , wait for it , golf balls not even let alone cold . Warm drinks . You can order ice though as Hazel the harried offered . Movies ? If you can get reception in the first place lucky you , our second night the whole system is down . 5 phone calls to reception later we were informed maybe tomorrow . Well tomorrow we will be gone and had we known the standard was as it it is we would never have stayed . The hotel for us is supposed to be a well deserved and definitely well paid for haven. The Westbury is such a disappointment . And by the way Lindsay thanks for nothing, I actually feel sorry for Hazel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Notafusspot
Dear Notafusspot.

I am sorry to hear you that you were unhappy with your recent experience, as a team we always strive to leave only the very best impression with all our guests and I am disappointed that this was not the case.

I am genuinly sorry that we failed to reach your expectations and I absolutely understand the frustration that you experienced with the mini bar and the movie channel. I am genuinely sorry that this was further compounded by what seems like very poor internal communication from our side and can assure you that I take your feedback very seriously, will thoroughly investigate with my team why you were not cared for better. I hope you will accept my personal assurance that our follow up note of apology was a genuine attempt to say how sorry we were and perhaps gain some of your trust back.

We clearly did not get it right from the start and should have been better at dealing with this very frustrating situation. We get many wonderful comments about our staff and our service and whilst I know your experience was far from the experience so many of our guests comment on so positively, I do want to assure you that your experience is not indicative of the high standards of service we set for ourselves.

Despite being bitterly disappointed I appreciate your feedback, we have and will continue to learn from what our guests tell us and will use their feedback constructively to continually improve.

Sevenoaks, Kent
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed for two nights recently at the Westbury. Perfectly positioned in the heart of Dublin. Everything is in walking distance. The Hotel itself is grand and luxurious. The staff are friendly and welcoming. We had some cocktails at the bar and found them to be expensive and served in very small glasses, although the bar Manager did explain, it was a normal measure compacted into small glasses. We had a very comfortable sleep and a fabulous Irish breakfast the next morning. Will definitely be staying here again

Room Tip: Slept at the back of the hotel - not a great view of another building, but very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Fiandchris,

Thank you for posting your review following your two nights stay at The Westbury Hotel.

Delighted that you had such a great time while staying with us and that you enjoyed the location which is great for getting out and about without the hassle of having to take taxi’s it is great to stroll aroung the streets and enjoy the many attractions. I am thrilled that you had such a great comfy nights sleep and that breakfast was fabulous. We look forward to having you stay again and thank you again for your great review.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This hotel offers the best of everything , for a break in Dublin it is not cheap but you get what u pay for . QUALITY, COMFORT, LUXURY ,EXCELLENT FOOD & POSITION IN DUBLIN CENTER a hotel to visit if you want to spoil yourself . 5 STAR service all the way through , you will want to stay again &again . The central position this hotel is in allows instant strolls along the main shopping streets for all the important things , bars , restaurants. Cafe's &. A huge selection of shops !! Superb atmosphere in both the hotel & the CENTER. Special offers for a stay at THE WESTBURY are worth the extra nights stay , "ONE. OF THE BEST IN DUBLIN"

Room Tip: Every room is luxury , large comfortable beds & bedroom.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Julie S

I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us, thank you for posting such a great review following your stay at the Westbury Hotel.

It was such a pleasure to have you as our guest and I want to thank you for choosing the Westbury Hotel. I am extremely happy that you thought our staff and our service was luxury and excellent and that we managed to spoil you. I am thrilled you had an “excellent” experience and that you thought we were the best in Dublin.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to what I hope is now your new “home away from home” in Dublin.

Charlotte
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We were very disappointed in this hotel, especially as it is part of the GHA program and it has so many good reviews on Tripadvisor. The best part of the hotel is the staff and how they will go out of their way to help. But the hotel room was worn and definitely not a 5-star hotel quality. The light system is extremely confusing with it being difficult to figure out how to turn on just the bathroom light -- when it was by the front door! The glasses and linen were nice but the appliances in the rooms were worn. When I expressed a lack of enthusiasm for the room at check-out, I was told that the hotel is making room by room upgrades and I should have said something sooner so that we could have been given a different room or a free breakfast or something. When we make a reservation at a 5-star hotel, we expect all of the rooms to be of quality standards! We were there for 4 nights and I would have expected to have a high quality room for all of the 4-nights! This hotel was definitely not worth the money that we spent on it and we would not return!

Room Tip: Apparently if the room does not meet your standards at first glimpse, say something and maybe you wi...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Incarolina,

I am incredibly sorry and disappointed that you felt your recent stay was not up to our usual high standards.

May I start by apologizing unreservedly for failing to meet your expectations, it is unacceptable and I can assure you we take your feedback very seriously indeed. As a team we always strive to deliver exceptional service and standards and when we don’t achieve this for a guest it is incredibly disappointing.

I know that we have tried to reach out to you personally since your departure, however I hope we are able to connect and perhaps you will give us another opportunity, at some point in the future, to show you the high standards and service we can and do deliver.

Vincent O'Gorman
Berkeley Heights
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I booked two rooms. One on the hotel website and the other on booked.com. both at he same price. The entire hotel was very impressive hotel in a great section of Dublin. Rooms were spotless. Staff was very helpful and professional. I can't imagine a better hotel

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Amoran,

I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us, thank you for taking the time to tell others about the Westbury Hotel.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I am happy to hear our Team were professional and helpful to you during your visit. We firmly believe it is our service that will make all the difference and your positive feedback is therefore incredibly motivating for me and my team.

Thank you for choosing us and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.