“Service is fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Service is fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Service was fantastic, booked online and got an email thanking me for booking and asking me what else they could help me with. Room was lovely although could do with a little touch up but not that would put you off. Would def stay again as hotel & staff were excellent only issue would be price of breakfast... Too expensive x

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank colleen35
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Colleen35,

Thank you for writing about your stay, your feedback is incredibly important to us thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and particularly pleased that the service you received from our team was a real highlight. I am sorry that you thought our breakfast was too pricey, whilst we always aim to be in line with the local market we can always learn from your feedback and I promise we will look into it.

Thank you again for your feedback, it was a pleasure to have you with us and I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Vincent O’Gorman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Wolverhampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

This hotel is right in the centre of Dublin, however it is amazingly quiet!

Set just off Grafton Street, this hotel is complete luxury! Went there for my boyfriends 30th birthday and not knowing where to stay, after months of research I came across this gem!

Everything about this hotel is amazing! From the service, to the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, to the extra touches such as bottle of wine and cake platter for a birthday surprise! The rooms are large and airy, and have a modern style and are fitted with high class furniture!

We stayed for 3 nights and wished we were still there! Not a hotel I could afford to stay in every night but for a memorable break, this is the one you need to choose!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TracyWolverhampton
Dear T TracyWolverhampton,

Thank you for your amazing review and I am thrilled you chose us to celebrate your boyfriends birthday and I am delighted you had such a wonderful and enjoyable experience!

It was a pleasure to have you with us and we really appreciate your personal recommendation, it means the world to me and my team.

Thank you for writing about us and your great review and I hope to welcome you back very soon!

Vincent O'Gorman
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights (Mon & Tues) in a Superior Room (Queen Bed) during April 2014.

LOCATION:
The hotel is very conveniently located just steps away from Grafton Street. There are numerous sights and shopping/eating establishments within walking distance of the hotel. If the Grafton area is what you are looking for then this hotel can't be beat. It is also a relatively short walk away from the Temple Bar area as well.

Getting to the hotel was easy as we took the Aircoach from Dublin Airport where you can get off at Trinity College and walk the short distance to the hotel.

SERVICE:
 The level of service at this hotel is excellent. We were warmly and promptly greeted at the door upon our arrival. Reception was well staffed, extremely pleasant and efficient. This high level of service was extended to every other staff member that we encountered as well including housekeeping, doorman and porter staff.

ROOMS:
 I cannot recall exactly the room number we had but it faced out onto Harry Street and Grafton which was merely steps away. Street noise was minimal to non-existent. The room itself was quite clean and well laid out. The bathroom is small but has everything one would need including strong water pressure.

DINING:
 We did not eat at the hotel given the multitude of available restaurants in the area. However the dining area at the hotel looked expansive and well staffed.

Overall this is a very, very nice hotel that provides a very high standard of service and is located in a convenient and pleasant area. We would stay here again and recommend it to friends and family.

Room Tip: Our room was located just above the intersection of Balfe & Harry Streets just a few steps away...
Dear MisterCheeky,

We could not ask for a better review and thank you for choosing us during your recent visit to Dublin.

It was a pleasure to have you and your wife stay with us and I am delighted that you enjoyed our location,service, rooms and dining during your visit and that our team stood out and exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your fabulous review and I am delighted that you will return to us on your next visit to Dublin.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

The first thing to say about this hotel is its wonderful location - it’s right in the centre surrounded by plenty of pubs / restaurants and right off the main shopping high street. Despite this it doesn’t suffer from surrounding noise or rowdy passer by’s and actually feels secluded. Wherever you wander to during the day, its easy to pop back and even through the maze of small streets, easy to find.

Upon arriving by taxi from the airport (which at eight in the morning took a good half an hour and €35) the door man, in true Irish friendly style, took care of the bags and showed us to reception. Interestingly this is on the first floor rather than directly in the doorway but overlooks the lounge / bar area. One of the first things to impress is the modern interior - clean and very tasteful it continues throughout the hotel and gives a modern sophisticated feel which is amazing.

The check in process was fantastic. The staff were super friendly and upon reaching the desk we were offered warm towels to refresh our hands and face - a fantastic touch I’ve never seen elsewhere. Despite arriving over six hours before the official check-in time they promised to rush the room to be ready. After being offered bottles of water we left our bags and went for a wander to get our bearings, only for thirty minutes later to receive a call letting us know the room was ready. We picked up the key and our bags were ready inside waiting.

The room was very clean and everything present which you’d expect. The bed was very comfortable with wonder soft pillows. A Nespresso coffee machine and every possible toiletry made the room nice and homely. There were a few aspects which became frustrating by the end of our stay - the air conditioning was very ineffective. Located beneath the window in the corner of the room it failed to chill the room even on the lowest setting and its effect was concentrated away from the sleeping area. The TV was also very frustrating - despite having a good choice of channels the picture quality was poor and having to navigate through the clunky slow pointless menu every time you turned it on or changed channels was a pain. And as for the lights…aside from the fact they’re pretty dim, working out which switches did which lights and the combination they all had to be switched in order to get the bathroom light working…well I’m not quite sure we had it sussed by the time we checked-out. These were small points though so hardly ruined the experience, and the in-room magazines and complimentary water was a nice touch.

The lounge area on the first floor was a great place to relax during the day and evening. There was an open fire and the large windows overlooked the busy streets below. Service was attentive with a good range of reasonably priced drinks available from the bar. It was never overly busy, but it was while sitting here that it became apparent quite how ‘family orientated’ this hotel is. By far a criticism, but there are many more families with young children running around than I’ve experienced in other hotels of this level, so just don’t expect the corridors to be silently quiet and there to be no atmosphere in the communal areas.

Throughout the hotel there is free wifi and credit where its due, it is one of the best connections I have had in a hotel. Consistently fast and reliable, and no need to navigate through landing pages every day etc. Other hotels could do well to take some lessons from the Westbury here!

The hotel’s friendly staff are definitely one of its selling points, but there are still a few elements I think which could be ticked to really fulfil the five star criteria in my eyes. During the course of our stay it was clear that more door staff would be welcome. On numerous occasions we saw other guests struggling with bags and frequently no one was around to ask questions etc. It’s probably not helped by having to go up to the first floor each time, but being a busy hotel makes it feel necessary. Also it was a bit disappointing to see service trolleys continually in the hallway on our floor; not as if they were busy but because that’s where they are stored. Whenever exiting the lift you could be sure to see them stored to the side rather than hidden away which was a bit of a shame. Also within the room, a small number of fixtures on the wall were loose or ‘wonky’ and the start of ‘mould’ forming around the edge of the bath.

For a visit to Dublin I would recommend this hotel. Small things mean it’s not quite there as one of the best places I’ve stayed, but its central location, super staff and, for me, beautiful interior make it a great home from home.

1 Thank stevebintley
Dear MK_Steve_B

Thank you for your very informative review following your recent stay with us and thank you for choosing the Westbury Hotel.

It is incredibly motivating for me and my team to read your review and that overall you enjoyed your stay. We genuinely love being part of our guests’ experiences the team here love to go the extra mile in order to achieve consistency of our service. Whilst I appreciate your positive feedback I also acknowledge the few glitches you experienced and I will address these as a matter of urgency.Thank you for your feedback.

I hope to welcome you back very soon and look forward to meeting you when you return.

Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Unfortunately our stay was so short that we didn't get to utilize all of the great amenities. We arrived to the hotel at 6:30 AM after flying all night from the USA. The staff made sure that our bags were delivered to our room once the room was ready while we were out exploring the sights. We came back from our long day of exploring to find chocolates on our pillows, relaxing music playing in the background and a very comfy bed to rest our weary heads. Unfortunately we had to leave town that next morning but we'll definitely stay at the Westbury on our next trip to Dublin! Highly recommend!

1 Thank Hilary W
Dear Hilary W

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us even though it was so short and I hope that when you come back to Dublin you will get to stay longer and enjoy our services.

Thank you for your high recommendations and I am delighted that you plan on returning.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

This hotel is amazing. The attention to detail never slips wherever you are in the hotel. This is a grand and impressive place but you feel at home - no stuffiness here just a totally great experience. What makes this place though is the staff! Hats off to the HR team at this place - well done. From the minute you arrive you are welcome and there are no grumpy faces, just unprompted help and friendliness which is hard to find in my opinion.
My room was huge and had everything you could need. Breakfast was fabulous - can highly recommend the scrambled egg and the baby mushrooms. It was a great, stress free start to a busy business day.
The hotel even call before you arrive to confirm arrival time and ask about special requests. If I was staying for leisure then I would ask for a larger bathroom but travelling alone it was not an issue as had everything in it you could want. So don't take that as a criticism just and observation - rooms are going to vary.
Well Done the team at The Westbury - I shall definitely return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tracy A
Dear Tracy A,

Thank you for an amazing review following your visit to us.

I am thrilled that you thought we were amazing and that we exceeded your expectations. I am delighted that you had such a good time while you stayed with us. I am indeed lucky to have such a wonderful team here at the Westbury they really do love to make every guest welcome and always with a smile and a welcome hand. The will be delighted to receive your feedback and thank you for your kind comments.

I am delighted that you plan on returning and thank you again for your wonderful feedback.

Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

The location is worth staying here along with service. Front desk staff helpful. Rooms clean, large & roomy. Walk to nearby Grafton street easily, under 3 minutes. Trinity college & Guiness super close. If driving, tough to get to due to lack of familiarity with Dublin's one-way streets----ask for directions.
Will return.

Dear Melissa B

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to us.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we exceeded your expectations. Our location is indeed an added bonus. It is less than 5 minutes walk to all the local attractions for tourists shoppers and foodies alike !

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Regards.