“WONDERFUL HOTEL, HAPPY PEOPLE!”
Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #7 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Miami, Florida
“WONDERFUL HOTEL, HAPPY PEOPLE!”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed this past week at the Westbury Hotel in Dublin. The hotel is situated in the center of the busy Dublin streets, with easy access to stores and restaurants right outside the front door.
The first thing we noticed as we entered the lobby are the magnificent flower arrangements.
The lobby, restaurant and bar areas are beautiful. Everyone is happy and accommodating, and the staff is always smiling. We knew immediately that we had chosen the best place to stay.
Our large suite room was delightful and had a super comfortable bed. . Every morning we received chocolates and every evening we received turndown service, also with a smile.
We met our friends each evening before dinner in the large bar and lounge area. As a non drinker, I asked Shannon, the bar tender, to make me a non- alcoholic drink called an egg cream.
( no eggs involved) . He was more than happy to do so, and it was delicious. We all had a great laugh about it.
The concierge service was excellent here, more so than in other 5 star hotels where we have stayed. Nothing we asked for was too small or large for them to accomplish.
We would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again, for sure!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear lovefood51

I simply loved your review, thank you so much for talking the time to write about your stay with us.

I am delighted that the team here were able to help organize your activities with a smile and that Shannon was on hand to accommodate you with your special drinks request. The whole team here love nothing more than helping our guests truly experience Dublin City and they will be thrilled when I share your feedback. Great to hear that you thought our bedrooms, bar and lounge were all top notch, we have a very passionate Design Team who spends a great deal of time ensuring every space is not only chic and luxurious but also incredibly inviting and welcoming, they will be so pleased when I share your comments, thank you!

It was a pleasure to have you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Vincent O’Gorman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (509)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Duluth, Minnesota
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We spent 5 nights here on the first part of our visit to Ireland. The hotel as others have said is very centrally located, and we walked where ever we wanted to go. The shopping was impeccable, and there were many pubs and such to choose from. We enjoyed the quietness of the hotel, which was a surprise to me since it is right in the middle of everything! The staff was very friendly, and extremely helpful when we had questions where to find certain places. I would absolutely stay here again if we ever return to Dublin!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear kraye-1

Thank you for taking the time to write about us following your recent visit to Dublin.

We are incredibly blessed location wise, not only do we have some of the best and trendiest restaurants, bars and chic boutiques in town but it is also literally only a minutes walk to Grafton Strteet, the best of both worlds really! I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and thank you again for posting your review.

I hope to welcome you back when you next visit Dublin.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed here recently for one night before heading to Galway.

The first thing I noticed were the professionalism of the staff. A guy at the door made us feel very welcome and made a joke about the weather, seeing as we'd just been heavily rained on, this was well timed and took the edge off the fact we were dripping wet.

Inside we were offered towels to dry off, and once again a very courteous and traditional 'Irish' welcome from the front desk (guy with strawberry blonde hair, forget his name).

Our bags were brought up to our room and we were informed sincerely we could ask for any advice or assistance whilst in town, we too the up on this offer and they helped plan our evening including table reservations.

The room was modest but the bed super comfortable, they also had free water and WiFi in the room which was a nice touch as many places still insist on charging for both.

I didn't eat at the. Restaurant, though did notice a lot of people taking afternoon tea, looked very nice. The location is spot on, couldn't get more convenient for bars and restaurants or shopping, a nice couple of pubs straight opposite too if you want to try the black stuff.

I'd definitely come back if in Dublin again and would recommend to family and friends. Think we paid around £140 for the night, room only. Decent value versus alternatives.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IanADolan
Dear IanADolan,

Thank you for your great review following your visit to us recently.

I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations and that the weather did not damp your spirits.

I am very pleased that our service culture of being sincere, warm and personal in everything we do was so well reflected in your stay, I am lucky to be surrounded by an incredible team of passionate, professional, people’s people who love nothing more than looking after our guests. Your feedback is incredibly motivational, thank you for taking the time to tell others about your experience.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again on your next trip to Dublin.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Ive lived in Dublin all my life and cant believe that I havent stayed in this mecca of opulance and luxury before. I ve stayed in so called 5* Hotels all around the world but none that possesses the sheer elegance, service and utter luxury of the Westbury.
We stayed in a suite for 1 night at the end of April. It was a Sat afternoon and it was lashing rain when we arrived. As we pulled up the 2 door men ran to our car as they opened their umbrellas. They were so friendly and welcoming, we felt like stars. The room was totally equisite with 2 42inch flat screen TVS, very large and comfortable sofas meant that our plan to hit the town was met with some debate as we wrangled over the idea of a night on the tiles or a night of wallowing in this pit of luxury.
Food was excellent, practically on Grafton street but no noise whatsoever from the rooms. We didnt have our young kids with us but noticed how friendly and accomodating all the staff were with the young families most of whom were British & American.
All I can see is that as Dubliners we are so lucky and proud to have this gem in our city. Cant wait to go back. No matter where you are from you'll love the Westbury.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Brian_Nevin

I am delighted that everything was good for you and that you thought we possessed the sheer elegance of service and utter luxury. We simply could not ask for a better review and I am thrilled you chose us for your recent stay in town.

From your review it seems we ticked all the right boxes, from location to ambience and accommodations to the ever important service aspect and I am delighted that you would have no hesitation in recommending us to others.

It was a pleasure to have you with us, thank you for writing about your experience and I hope we can welcome you back to the Westbury very soon!

troy, Mi
Reviewed 13 May 2014

we booked our room through American Express and got a competitive rate with lower stared hotels. We arrived at noon and they had our room ready. Our room was fantastic. Large, clean and very comfortable. Breakfast was included and was really, really good - pastries, yogurt, fresh fruit, ham, cheese, juices, coffee and tea. i ordered eggs a was really pleased. We had tea one day and it was exceptional.

The concierge was always helpful and very friendly. In fact we joked that everyone was really sincere and yet very friendly (only found one person in four days in all of Dublin that wasnt super friendly and helpful) We got a late check out at 2PM.

Room Tip: if you have AMEX use them.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank andy c
Dear Andy c,

I am delighted to read your fantastic review, thank you for taking the time to write about your visit to the Westbury Hotel.

I am very pleased that our service culture of being sincere, warm and personal in everything we do was so well reflected in your stay, I am lucky to be surrounded by an incredible team of passionate, professional, people’s people who love nothing more than looking after our guests. Your feedback is incredibly motivational, thank you.

East Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was our first time in Dublin and we were so pleased with The Westbury. The location is prime, you can walk almost anywhere you would want to go. The property it's self is beaufiful and the staff was impeccable and attent to all our needs. We were celebrating our 28th wedding anniversary and had a special treat and card delivered to our room which was very much appreciated and yummy.
We ate breakfast in the restaurant only once and it was ok, nothing special but adequate.
We enjoyed The Westbury so much that on the end of our stay when we returned back to Dublin we cancelled our origianl reservations at a B & B near the airport to stayed our last night in Dublin with The Westbury. A special thanks to Colum at reception, he was very helpful and pleasant.

Room Tip: We stayed twice during our trip. One room was facing a side street on the westside of the hotel and...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear JanetP007

Thank you for your fantasatic review and thank you for sharing your experience with fellow travellers.

It was such a pleasure to have you as our guest and I am delighted that we made your special celebrations memorable. Thank you for choosing the Westbury. I am very happy that you thought our team with a special mention for Colum were all excellent and I am thrilled that you had such an excellent experience with us.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back when you next travel to Dublin to what I hope is now your new “home away from home” in Dublin..

Best wishes

milano

WESTBURY
Very nice hotel right in the center of Dublin. If you need to be in the center of Dublin, just a few minute walk from the main attractions there is no better hotel. I cannot find any negatives with this hotel not even if I try hard. We were in a superior room (that is the standard choice) , it was quite large and big enought with two queen beds, 2 armchairs, a table and a desk with good space around them. Service at reception and in general was perfect and always with a smile. The staying had the feeling of the old English hotel when there was high detail in small things

Room Tip: The superior room is big enought
Dear Erny74,

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I am genuinely thrilled that you thought the experience was “ top class” and thank you for your recommendation to other travellers.

Thank you for choosing us and I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Yours sincerely,