“Genuinely a home from home”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #6 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
London, United Kingdom
“Genuinely a home from home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

A business colleague of mine and I stayed at The Westbury recently and were really impressed with the friendliness and professionalism of the staff. We were quite late arriving but the person at the arrivals desk was totally unphased and had everything already prepared to make our check in fast and easy.

We did not eat in the hotel that evening so are unable to comment on their main restaurant but we did breakfast at the hotel in the secondary one. The service and professionalism was superb. We were seated promptly and provide everything we needed by the waiters. I have eaten in many restaurants where the waiters seem to have developed that 'far away stare' where I am staring straight at them and frantically signalling them but the look through and past me without seeing me at all. This is not the case at The Westbury. Every time I looked up someone made eye contact with me and came running across.

I was also impressed that when I asked for the bill in the restaurant they brought it with the credit card machine ready to take a payment. It makes so much more sense than leaving a piece of paper and then coming back later to take payments.

The hotel is in good condition and of habitable proportions. The bathrooms are well appointed and spotlessly clean. The views are over the rooftops of Dublin which is more interesting than picturesque. It is well placed for Grafton Street and St Stephen's Square.

I will definitely return there and would recommend it to any traveller visiting Dublin.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your great review following your recent stay at The Westbury and we thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience.

We are simply delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you consider us your home from home. I am thrilled that you enjoyed every aspects of your stay expecially dinner in Wilde which is always a favourite with our guests.

I hope it is not too long before you come back and visit us again and thank you for your wonderful review.

Kind regards,

Vincent O’Gorman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

This was a nice location. We enjoyed walking many places in Dublin from here. The accommodations were modern and comfortable. We felt like this was a nice transition back into the modern world after a week in quaint and remote Irish villages.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted following your visit to us and for taking the time to tell other about your experience on Trip Advisor.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again to enjoy the facilities here at The Westbury Hotel.

Thanking you again and we hope to see you back at the Westbury soon.

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

The hotel is very good situated close to The walking street and shopping area and with many excellent restaurants within walking distance. The service from all staff are outstanding and the rooms provides very good comfort.

Room Tip: All rooms I have been in have been in the same outstanding quality
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jimkann
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the lovely review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and we are delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your visit .

Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I love staying at this hotel in Grafton Street, it is so near to everything, and all the staff are lovely, all the porters greet you like long lost friends, the beds are comfy and include everything you need, I just could not get the hang of the coffee machine. This is my favourite stay in Dublin City.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the lovely review posted following your recent visit and for taking the time to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post your review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your return visit to us. Please do let us know when you are planning another visit and we will be delighted to show you the workings of the coffee machine.

Oakland, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is a delightful hotel in a fantastic location. Just off Grafton Street, it's an easy walk to so many places: Trinity College, the Abbey Theatre, etc. My room at the hotel was comfortable and well appointed. The staff was friendly, helpful, and attentive.

Be sure to have afternoon tea or a meal in The Gallery. The rustic brown bread that came with my meal was honestly some of the most delicious bread I've ever had. The whole meal was excellent and relaxing.

There were only two things that were less than excellent. The wifi in my room was not great. However, staff came up to work on it immediately. They offered to move me to another room, but as we found a spot where the reception was decent I chose to stay where I was. The other part that was a bit disappointing was the wait staff in The Gallery. There were times when I felt like they were purposely avoiding looking at diners trying to get service. I found, though, that while they didn't always look my way, if I spoke up as they walked by they were very pleasant and efficient.

I will most certainly stay at The Westbury again the next time I'm in Dublin.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the review posted following your recent visit and for taking the time to share your experience with us and the many trip advisor users. `

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed our Afternoon Tea on the Gallery which is always a favourite of our guests and locals alike, the Gallery is a great oasis where you can sit and enjoy some relaxing moments and do a bit of people watching at the same time. I have taken your feedback on board regarding the service and apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I am thrilled that you plan on returning to us and it will be a privilege to welcome you back and I hope that you enjoy your return visit.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I absolutely loved our recent stay at the Westbury. I was extremely happy with the location off Grafton Street and between Trinity College on one side, and St. Stephen's Park on the other. There are tons of places to eat and shop within a few minutes walk of the hotel. The staff greeted us warmly and were very helpful throughout the week with whatever question or need arose. In particular, Hazel was a gem to work with from reservations through our stay. The hotel is beautiful, and has a gathering room for afternoon tea or drinks. It looked like Dublin society was meeting in the gathering room in the afternoons. Our room was elegantly decorated, quite, and comfortable. When I return to Dublin, I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: A limited number of family rooms for 4 are available if needed.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the lovely review posted following your visit to us and and for taking the time to tell us and others about your experience at The Westbury Hotel.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you for your kind words. I am thrilled that you plan on returning to visit us again when your return to Dublin and I hope that we are now your home from home when visiting our fair city and that your stay is as enjoyable as your last.

Thank you again for your kind review. I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel. Beautifully decorated & polite, friendly staff. Hard to find! Happened upon it purely by accident & one of the staff actually got in car to direct us to front of hotel. Clean rooms & comfy beds.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review following your recent stay with us and thank you for sharing your views with us.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post your review and I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. Every one of my colleagues’ endeavour’s to provide our guests with as comfortable a stay as possible and I am glad that you had such an enjoyable time while visiting us. I regret that the one way traffic system caused you difficulties I regret that this was such an inconvenience for you.

I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back to stay with us soon and thank you again for your review.