“Would score higher but for the service”
Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #6 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Secaucus, New Jersey
“Would score higher but for the service”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Room and public spaces get 4.5*. I know it's an over used phrase but the Westbury really is in the perfect location as you can walk to pretty much all of the major attractions and there are lots of restaurants within a 10 minute walk in any direction. The public spaces are attractive and elegant and the room we had was quite large for the price and well appointed.
Service 2.5*: We arrived from the airport at 2:00 fully aware that check in is listed as 3:00 but just wanted to drop our luggage, have lunch and stretch our legs after a long flight. After lunch and a walk we headed back to the Westbury at 4:00. The women at reception said the room was still not ready and went into the office to "check with her colleague". When she returned she walked straight past us without a word and proceeded to help another customer. There was another women behind the desk so I asked her about our room. She looked at the computer and had a very confused look on her face and did not seem to know what to do so she went and consulted with the first women I had spoken to. Finally, 10 minutes after I first inquired about the room they finally figured things out and gave me the key. Before getting on the elevator I pointed out that our luggage was sitting in the corner by concierge. I was told it would be brought right up. Our luggage was not brought up until placing a call 30 mins later and then brought to room 10 mins after that.
Lastly, After finishing breakfast at Wilde's the 2nd morning the waitress's brought the wrong check twice before getting it correct.
Also, a note for you tall folks out there, at 6'4" I was too tall for the shower (my head was right at ceiling level and needed to duck under the shower head.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank hanleydouglas
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us at The Westbury Hotel.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post your review and we are delighted that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay, however I am disappointed that we failed to meet all your expectations. Please accept by sincere apologies for the standards at check in and for the delay with your luggage delivery. I would like to assure you that I will take your comments on board and address them with our Front Office Manager as a matter of urgency, thank you for your feedback.

I hope we have the opportunity and the privilege of welcoming you back again on your next trip to Dublin.

Vincent O’Gorman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Juneau, Alaska
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The hotel is very nice with relatively large rooms and a beautiful lobby. The staff were warm and friendly, especially the doormen. But it is difficult to reach the hotel by car so plan your attack ahead of time. The car's GPS system kept trying to send us the wrong way down a very narrow street overrun by pedestrians. After wandering fruitlessly around, we finally tried Google Maps, which got us to the hotel through every crooked alley in Dublin. On the plus side, the hotel is very well located for walking.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to The Westbury. Your feedback is important to us and thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Whilst I am happy to hear that our location works for you and that you feel the style, décor and upkeep of our Hotel ticks all the right boxes for you and that you had a good time while in our care. I regret that you found it difficult to reach our hotel and I am delighted that you eventually got here with the help of Goodle Maps. The one way street system in Dublin can be difficult but I am delighted that you found your way in the end.

Thank you again for your review and I hope that we have the pleasure of having you back to stay with us soon.

Yours sincerely

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This is a wonderful hotel! Perfect location - right in the heart of Dublin with many attractions and stores within walking distance. Great breakfast and friendly, helpful staff.
The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because the water pressure in the shower is a bit too weak for my liking.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you with us, thank you for choosing the Westbury Hotel during your recent trip to Dublin.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and you thought we were perfectly located to explore and enjoy our wonderful city. Thank you for your feedback regarding the shower I will address this as a matter of urgency and thank you again for all your feedback.

We hope you come back and stay with us again and that we are now your hotel of choice
when visiting Dublin.

Kind regards,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

You can't beat the location of this hotel. The surrounding area is filed with shops, restaurants, and pubs. As I walked around the city I couldn't understand how people justify staying elsewhere.

The hotel itself was very clean and welcoming. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. Room could have been a bit larger, but tge size was fi e. There is no doubt that I will be staying here when I return.

Do yourself a favor and book this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the wonderful review following your visit to Dublin and for taking the time to tell other about your experience.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I am genuinely thrilled that you thought the experience and service was excellent. Thank you for your recommendation to other travellers.

We look forward to welcoming you back to what I hope is now your home away from home in Dublin.

Best wishes
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 July 2014

A friend and I were actually staying at another hotel, when early one morning we stumbled upon the Westbury when looking for somewhere to have breakfast early one Sunday morning. We wandered in, and after being wowed by the reception area we headed into the restaurant for a coffee. We ended up having breakfast there, and promptly enquired if there was availability. After being told yes, we promptly went back to our original hotel, packed our things, and moved straight into our room at the Westbury. The hotel we were in originalynmessed up our room, and we had requested a twin share room, however we were presented with only one queen sized bed. The Westbury however was a completely different story. The room was HUGE, with 2 king sized beds each. The room is furnished and decorated to an excellent level, and the bedding is gorgeous. I will only ever stay here when I visit Dublin again. A must! In a fantastic location, in the lovely area of shops and cafes.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review following your stay in Dublin and I am thrilled that we met and exceeded your expectations.

Wow! It is great to read your review and know that you thought so highly of us and thank you for taking the time to tell others about your stay.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Westbury again and thanks again for your great review.

Vincent O’ Gorman
General Manager.
Belmont, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The hotel itself is ideally located right in the center of Dublin. Within walking distance of all attractions. Our rooms (two different visits in the same week) were clean and comfortable. The staff is courteous and mostly efficient. The continental breakfast, which was included with our room, is perfect and served in the very comfortable lobby atmosphere. The bathrooms were new and well stocked. And, if you are a coffee/tea lover, there is a espresso machine in the room, with ceramic cups to serve in. Wonderful chocolates were offered with the evening turn down. All in all, a great place to stay in Dublin.

Room Tip: rear rooms are quietest.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Best wishes,

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Great location just off Grafton St. which is convenient for seeing Dublin. Very friendly and helpful staff. Comfortable and clean room which was well equipped.
The sight seeing bus is a good idea for getting a feel for the city and your ticket can be used for 2 days.

Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you with us, thank you for choosing us for your visit to Dublin.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and thought we were perfectly located to explore and enjoy our wonderful City. Your personal recommendation means the world to me and my team and I am incredibly grateful that you took the time to write about your stay, thank you.

We hope to welcome you back very soon and I hope we are now your number one choice when visiting Dublin.

Vincent O'Gorman