“Elegantry...”

Ranked #6 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
El Cajon, California
“Elegantry...”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed here for a total of 5 nights, very elegant hotel from a vintage era. It's tucked back in a corner, which proves to provide a quieter stay than say some other hotels on the main strip with drunken people passing by and being loud. One particular hotel staff, Mr. Gaynor, was incredibly nice and helpful to us throughout our stay. As a matter of fact, most all the staff was, We also arranged a rental car on the spot with absolute ease with the help of the concierge.

-Pro's

Quiet, elegant, good service, location.

-Con's

Air conditioner stopped working efficiently the second day, the heat was pretty brutal. We had to ask several times until finally the solution of a swamp cooler was brought in to remedy it. We left for other parts of Ireland of a few days, when we came back we were given a room with a perfectly functioning air conditioner so this may have been an isolated incident.

The Irish stew from room service could use some work.

Con's being said, I would definitely stay here again!.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AmericanIrishRover
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Westbury Hotel.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I am particularly pleased that our staff and the service you received was a real highlight during your stay. Your kind words serve as a wonderful motivator for us, and the team here will be delighted to read your kind comments

I am disppointed to read that you experienced some difficulties with the air conditioner in your room but I am glad that this was quickly resolved and you were happy with the outcome.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back and thank you for choosing us for your Dublin stay.

Kind Regards,

Vincent O’Gorman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (509)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The Westbury was our first stop in a fourteen day vacation. The staff is very professional, the location is almost perfectly situated, the food in the lobby was very good, the bellman always addressed me by my name and the concierge service was right on! While it was not number one in our visit had we not stayed at Harvey's Point the Westbury would have won hands down!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Guest

I am so happy you took the time to tell others about your visit to Dublin’s Fair City.

It was a pleasure to have you stay and I am thrilled you had such a positive experience, we pride ourselves on the personal nature of our service and having a team of real people’s people, so your brilliant comments about our staff is therefore hugely motivating.

Thank you for choosing us, we are all looking forward to welcoming you back for another visit when you return.

Princeton
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Checked into room and went to meeting shortly after. the room was lovely. there were 2 fans in the room and when I returned to my room at 23:00, I discovered the air conditioning didn't work. When I complained they brought up a machine that turned out to be a heater!!. I changed rooms the next day but no recognition of my repeated requests for a refund for the evening were addressed. I was traveling with 6 other people all who complained how loud the AC was. Other than the temperature, it's a lovely hotel

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank Maryanne G
Dear Guest

Thank you for the review following your recent stay with us while visiting Dublin.

I appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post your review and I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed most aspects of your stay, however, please accept my sincere apologies for the difficulties you experienced with the temperature control in your room. I have passed this to our Maintenance Manager to address as a matter of urgency.

I hope that this would not deter your from returning to us and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back when you next visit Dublin.

Kind regards,

Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Our much anticipated stay was delayed by the second room not being ready. The room our family shared for a brief time was very clean, pleasant, and had a lovely bathroom. While waiting, most of our group did some shopping, since no pool was available in the hotel. The Wilde Restaurant was not available since we arrived on a Monday-(only open Fri. and Sat.). Other than that we had a enjoyable experience, and everyone slept well in the comfortable beds. The service at the desk and the doors was very good. We were surprised at the many restaurants and pubs within a short walk of the hotel. A great hotel worth investigating longer than we were able to do.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view onto Grafton St. We were stuck in the back with alley views.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jan D
Dear Guest,

Thank you fro taking the time to write your review following your visit to us.

I am sorry that you experienced a delay in accessing your room. For early arrivals we will always prioritize but it will depend on departures on the day and obviously you experienced some delay and I apologies for the inconvenience this caused.

However, I am delighted that you got settled in and that your enjoyed our locations and service thank you for taking the time to tell others and for your recommendations.

I hope that you return to us on your next visit to Dublin I look forward to welcoming you again.

New York
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I am writing this review while still at the Westbury. We arrived on Monday for a five day stay at the Westbury. Our choosing this hotel for our first trip to Dublin was based on excellent reviews from other travelers and I thought I should add my piece. I am traveling with my husband who is on a business trip.

Although part of the Doyle group this hotel is not like a chain hotel. It has a very boutique like quality, a part of the Leading Hotels of the world. Not overly large, it is beautifully decorated with fresh flowers everywhere. The service has been impeccable, we have tried the restaurants, the bar and everything else in between! We have a superior room, and it overlooks the street which is nice. The room is not very large but comfortable enough for two people. The linens are high quality and the bed and pillows very comfortable. The bathroom is a little small by American standards and shower was not the greatest I have seen, but that was not a problem at all. The bath products are very good quality. There is a gym in the hotel but no pool.

They have a Nespresso coffee machine as well as an electric kettle and tea bags which was great since we are tea drinkers. Of course the location is not to be beat. Pubs and restaurants at the doorstep. Very vibrant in the evenings with music and laughter everywhere. We were blessed with excellent weather though! Shopping at the doorstep and a short walk to Stephen's Green ( Park ) where you could sit and have a quick sandwich as well as feed the ducks!
Dublin is a small city and most places are walking distance from the hotel which gave us a chance to explore things that were not necessarily very touristy.

Overall a wonderful experience, great service, friendly staff and a beautiful hotel. Highly recommend to everyone. If possible try the afternoon tea in the hotel lobby/restaurant. They serve wonderful sandwiches and pastries as well as Moet Champagne! A big thank you to all at the hotel and to Joseph Downing, the guest relations manager for the wonderful chocolates delivered to our room.

1 Thank Lovegoodthings
Dear Guest

A pleasure to have had you stay, thank you for choosing the Westbury for your recent trip to Dublin.

I am thrilled you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, from our location to your room and I am particularly happy to read that the friendliness and helpfulness of our team was a real highlight, thank you for taking the time to tell us and others about your Westbury Hotel experience.

Your personal recommendation means the world to me and my team and we look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit Dublin .I hope that the weather favours your visit so you can get to feed the ducks again.

Vincent O'Gorman
Scio, Oregon
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

The rooms here are beautiful and the service was very friendly and efficient. The location was great for shopping and dining and an easy walk to Temple Bar. The only time we needed a taxi was to go to Kilmainham Gaol.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jamie D
Dear Guest

Such a lovely review thank you for taking the time to write about your stay and for recommending us to others.

I am thrilled that you thought so highly of our customer care, ultimately that is our number one priority, to ensure each and every one of our guests feel special, welcome and genuinely looked after from the movement they arrive to the day we have to say goodbye.

Thank you for choosing us for your visit to Dublin, I very much look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I recently visited Dublin, Ireland for the first time for work. The Westbury Hotel is very nicely located in the city center and has really nice rooms and very friendly staff. I had a really great visit to Dublin and the Westbury was an important part of that good experience. Highly recommended.

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing us for your recent business trip to Dublin, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay!

It was a pleasure to read that our location, your room and our service ticked all the right boxes and I hope to return to us again.

Thank you for writing about your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Best wishes ,