“Elegant but Comfy”
Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #6 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Really gracious hotel with warm friendly staff. Excellent location - you can walk almost anywhere in Dublin in 20 -30 min or less. Hotel had excellent nearby restaurant recommendations. Turn down service was like having a full room fix up.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review following your stay with us at The Westbury Hotel.

I am glad that you had such a good time and that our loction suited you for getting around town. We are indeed blessed with our fabulous location that allows you to get around without having to worry about transport. We have a wonderful array of shops, restaurants bars and museums right outside our door and I am glad that you managed to enjoy your visit.

Thank you for recommending us to others and I hope we are now your home from home when visiting Dublin City.

Regards

Vincent O’Gorman

Write a ReviewReviews (4,187)

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Excellent hotel in Centrally located Grafton St. Rooms are very well appointed - beautiful bed linen, very comfortable bed, all the expected amenities of a luxury hotel (warm towels, bathrobes, slippers, l'occitane toiletries, Nespresso machine, decent wifi connection). Two good restaurants and a comfortable bar and lounge area. Great service!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for telling us and others about your experience at the Westbury during your recent visit to Dublin.

I am delighted that you were pampered and enjoyed your stay and am thrilled that you enjoyed all our amenities in the bedroom and that you had a luxurious stay with us.

I am delighted that we met all your expectations and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again when you next visit Dublin.

I hope you come back again soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Second hotel of our recent Dublin visit, not cheep but the quality speaks for its self as soon as you enter the lounge and bar areas.
Bedroom was very spacious and comfortable. The air conditioning and peace was great.
Central location good local pubs and restaurants all near by.

Room Tip: Not a lot of company once dinner was finished, lounges empty.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am delignted that you enjoyed your visit and that our service was excellent. I do hope that you come back again soon. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely stay here in Dublin! This place was great. The staff was friendly all around and constantly checking to make sure we were taken care of. Sean at the front consistently gave us tips and was always greeting us.
The location is ideal and walking distance from almost all of the major attractions as well as many pubs and restaurants and a huge shipping center.
The rooms are only so so. The water pressure is poor in the shower and the bed shakes easily but I would highly recommend this place to anyone!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Guest

I am thrilled that you had a lovely time with us and that you highly recommend us to others. I am glad that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay. However, I am disappointed that we failed to exceed all your expectations.I would like to assure you that our maintenance department carry out checks on all rooms prior to arrivals and I can only assume that this was on oversight. I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Despite this glitch, I am delighted that you intend returning to us and I am looking forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We travelled to the Dublin for 3 days from May 31 to June 2nd for a business trip with my husband's company.. The room was spacious and the hotel staff was amazing. We loved the fact that the hotel was centrally located to dozens of restaurants, bars and fantastic shopping. Great access to tour buses. Great place to stay in Dublin. We will return.

Room Tip: Centrally located!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Guest

I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us, thank you for telling us and others about your Westbury Hotel experience.

We are indeed lucky to have such a special locations and to be so near to all the wonderful bars, restaurants and shops which are all within walking distance to us. I am delighted that you had such a great time with us and that we managed to exceed your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Dublin.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Very good hotel, right off of Grafton Street. Lots of shopping, restaurants and sights nearby. Very friendly and accommodating staff, that go out of their way to please.

Standard room was very nice, though not particularly large (especially the bathroom, pretty small) but nicely appointed and comfortable. And just a note (as it can be hit and miss in Ireland) did have air conditioning in the room for those days where it happens to get just warm enough to need it.

Wonderful hotel that I'd highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

I am delighted that you had such a lovely time with us during your visit to Dublin and that our location was a bonus for you.

It was a pleasure to have you stay and I am thrilled you had such a positive experience, we pride ourselves on the personal nature of our service and having a team of real people’s people, so your brilliant comments about our staff is therefore hugely motivating. I will pass your kind comments on to all the team here to enjoy.

Thank you for choosing us, we are all looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Dublin.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed here four nights on a leisure visit to Dublin. Really first rate, five star service from all the staff. The location just of Grafton street is excellent. Good bars, restaurants, lounges. The ordinary rooms are a bit on the wee side; if you can afford it, spring for the upgrade to the deluxe rooms, which are large, with four poster beds, large bathrooms with two sinks, very nice.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank polonius

Dear Guest

I look forward to welcoming you back.