“Great service, great location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #7 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
“Great service, great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

My parter and I stayed here for one night . We could not fault anything for our stay. The service is outstanding, the rooms are large and have a beautiful décor.

If your questioning wether it will be money well spent to stay here then I would say don't even question it.
From start to end the experience was fantastic. Worth every cent!!!

The location especially is great, just off the Main Street and very close to restaurants, pubs and shopping.

I would recommend this hotel to everyone!!!!

Stayed August 2014
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Guest,

We could not ask for a better review thank you for sharing with us and others on Tripadvisor.

Outstanding and faultless is just what we like to hear I will pass on your kind comments to the Team here at The Westbury so they can enjoy your review.

We hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon !

Yours sincerely,

Vincent O’Gorman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Ayrshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Superb hotel ! Could not fault it at all! Certainly recommend it to our friends ! Best hotel we have stayed at by far! Ideal location , Staff very friendly and food excellent will definately be back soon.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fabulous review following your visit to The Westbury.

We could not ask for a better review and I am thrilled that you had such a great time and thank you for your recommendations.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Dublin.

london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I recently stayed here overnight on a business trip. I have stayed in all the other five star hotels in Dublin but the service here was the very best I have received . Nothing is too much trouble and the staff are extremely helpful and professional .
The only downside is that it's difficult to get to the front door with a car . The one way system is a nightmare. That said I rang the concierge who stayed on the phone and guided me through the Dublin streets . Like I say ... Great service .
I look forward to returning here again

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review following your recent stay with us.

We are delighted that we managed to exceed your expectations and that you rated us as the very best customer service you have ever experienced, thank you I will pass your comments on to the Team here to enjoy.

I regret that you had difficulty navigating the one way ststem in Dublin but am glad that you made your way to us without any major hiccup!

Thank you again and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to visit us soon.

Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Ideal location and friendly staff. However, we were misinformed by the concierge desk about visiting Kilmainham Gaol, a primary tourist site, and about the relative availability of taxis that accept plastic (supposedly they exist, but we didn't find one and had to walk 45 min back to the hotel after an abortive visit to the Gaol -- very frustrating). Worse, our wakeup call never came, causing us to nearly sleep through our flight home.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Kyle D
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Westbury Hotel for your recent visit to Dublin also for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

I was most disappointed to learn of your experience regarding a missed wake up call. This is something I will investigate with my colleagues and ensure all necessary precautions are taken to ensure against a repeat of such an instance.

In relation to your comments regarding the information provided by our Concierge team. I have this morning contacted Kilmainham Gaol to confirm that our existing information is correct. This has been verified this morning, they do not take advance bookings unless for Group Bookings of 10 people or more. I am sorry that you were mislead on arrival at Kilmainham Gaol. I have asked them to follow up with their team members there today, so as to ensure there is consistent information across the board.

There is no central Taxi company in Dublin and the vast majority of Taxi operators are independently run so it is difficult to provide statistics on how many Taxis will accept Credit Card payment. Based on our experience between 40% to 50% of operators will accept Credit Cards. For a large part these would operate around the City Centre and Airport and are identified by a Credit Card symbol on their rooftop licence plate. I apologise that this was not your experience during your stay.

I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Westbury for any future trips to Dublin.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

As others have noted, the Westbury is in an excellent location and has no downsides. It is comfortable, with very good dining and exercise facilities, large rooms and reasonable rates. A great launching pad to pubs, restaurants, parks and museums.

2 Thank ceebee51
Dear Guest

I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us, thank you for telling us and others about your Westbury Hotel experience.

We are indeed lucky to have such a special locations and to be so near to all the wonderful bars, restaurants and shops which are all within walking distance to us. I am delighted that you had such a great time with us and that we managed to exceed your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Dublin.

Kind regards

Macau, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

For me the thing that made this hotel very good was the location as it is just off Grafton Street and a great base to explore Dublin as it enables you to walk everywhere. It is a bit difficult to find so definitely make sure you have a sat nav but once you arrive the staff and valet are very helpful. We stayed in a suite with four poster bed, the room was big and the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was a bit pathetic regarding the size and the shower over the bath tub. The breakfast was good but we would recommend skipping the hotel breakfast and going to Bewleys.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Spuddyhead
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay at The Westbury Hotel.

Iam delighted that our location worked for you and that you managed to get out and about and explore the hot spots around the city. We are indeed blessed with our location and I am glad that you managed to enjoy yourself while staying with us.
I am disappointed to read your comments regarding breakfast if you had some specific information that you would like to share with me please contact me directly at Vincent_ogorman@doylecollection.com as I would like to address any issues that you experienced.

I hope to hear from you and look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the future.

Donegal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

We could not fault this hotel. Great food.excellent comfort & staff exceptional.
We loved the Wilde dining room where we had breakfast every morning. The cleanliness of the rooms & hotel generally. Only one complaint. The seating. Chairswindow in the Lounge where we ate an evening meal were not too comfortable.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Aidan&Gertrude O
Dear Guest,

I am thrilled that you could not find fault with us and that you loved Wilde dining room and enjoyed breakfast each morning. I have noted your comments regarding the seats and I have passed your feedback to our design team.

Thank you again for your review and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.