The Westbury
  • Bar/Lounge
Drury Court Hotel(Dublin)
  • Breakfast included
4,249 results
All reviewsgrafton streetwilde restaurantturn down servicenespresso machinebeautiful hotelfive star hotelperfect locationlounge areatrinity collegethe heart of the citywould highly recommend this hotelvisiting dublintemple barconciergeluxuryirelanddoorman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 August 2014

From check in to check out everything was perfect. our room looked over the front of the hotel, the service was great. rooms were on the smaller size but very well maintained, location location location. we walked out of the hotel and was in the middle of all the amazing things Dublin had to offer. we really enjoyed our stay.

2  Thank skinnyskier
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Guest,

I am thrilled that you had such a great time with us and that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and others on Tripadvisor and for your high recommendations.

I am very proud of the whole team here at The Westbury they are all willing to go the extra mile to make every guest experience special and I will be delighted to pass your wonderful comments to each of them.

I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Decided to stay at Westbury based on the good reviews in tripadvisor. The hotel had exceeded our expectation, helpful staffs, cozy and spacious room and there is an espresso maker in the room! The hotel has the best of location, right in the middle of Grafton Street. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank FAIKualaLumpur

Dear Guest,

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your time at the Westbury during your recent visit to Dublin and that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We are indeed blessed with our location and I am glad that you enjoyed your visit and you had a memorable experience. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Dublin.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

We stayed 2 nights at the Dublin Westbury. The staff at the hotel is friendly, professional and make you feel very welcome and special. The room we had was very nice and clean. The front desk staff is 5 star. We will stay at this hotel when we return to Dublin. Walking distance to many Dublin attractions and parks. This is a 5 star facility and when you stay there you understand why they are so rated.

2  Thank JgregoryH

Dear Guest,

I am thrilled that you rated us as the best in Dublin thank you for taking the time to tell us and others about your stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you had such a memorable visit and I appreciate your acknowledgement of our commitment to superior service. We put a great emphasis on maintaining the excellent level of service that our team is so proud to deliver, and I am delighted to learn that you had such a wonderful stay.

Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We spent 2 nights at the Westbury and it is truly is an outstanding hotel in every sense. The staff are an absolute credit to the hotel, their level of service is excellent, they make the difference between an ordinary hotel and a 5 star hotel.

Our room was comfortable although tight and the mattress needs replacing and the bathroom door needs adjustment, we were on the 2nd floor and had a wonderful view of adjoining buildings roofs (note my sarcasm) so, clearly you should request a higher floor with a view of the City.

Now having arrived in Ireland after staying at the Shangri-La Paris, nothing and I mean nothing was ever going to compare with the fabulous Shangri-La but, Westbury was what we needed after a hectic time in Paris, a 'rest' and that was achieved.

One of the problems I've come to realize when you use someone like Qantas for hotel bookings, irrespective of the fact you're paying top dollar, the hotel sticks you in one of their worst rooms, so it's imperative you question the reception on checking it on the type, location and be prepared to upgrade if necessary.

We normally do, however, the receptionist in this case assured us it was a good room with a view??? That wasn't the case and I was too exhausted to raise the matter after actually accessing our room.

The quality of the food was good even tho the main restaurant was closed for renovations, the only problem with serving food in the lounge is the tables are to
low to manage a main meal, ok for finger food but, certainly not adequate to eat a main meal.

Other than a couple of negatives, we would recommend the Westbury.

Room Tip: Request room with a view and check it out before actually settling in.
5  Thank Max R
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am very glad to learn that you enjoyed most aspects of your visit to us but I am regret that you experienced some issues in your room and that we failed to allocate you a higher room or an upgrade to another room type. I also apologise that Café Novo was not available during your stay as it is currently under construction but will shortly reopening with a brand new look and name, and I hope that on your return you get to visit our new restaurant.

Thank you for your feedback which will help us bring our high standards to an even higher level, and ultimately help us making our guests' stay even more memorable.

I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

My wife and I spent three days at The Westbury in early July as the first stop in our Ireland and UK vacation. From the moment we arrived, we knew it would be special experience as the welcoming staff and beautiful rooms were beyond our expectations. We were placed in a studio suite that did not have much of a view, but was a large and well-appointed room.

The concierge pointed us to excellent meals throughout or stay, and our only complaint is that we were unable to stay longer to fully explore his list of restaurants. As far as hotel must-dos, we would highly recommend the Westbury's Afternoon Tea; it was superb in presentation, taste, and sophistication.

If we were to ever visit Dublin again, we would undoubtedly stay again at The Westbury.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Superb is wonderful thank you I am delighted you had such a great time and that we exceeded your expectations thank you for taking the time to tell us and others about your experience.

I am incredibly lucky to have such a great team here at The Westbury who will always go the extra mile to make sure that all our guests are comfortable and have a memorable experience. We put great emphasis on maintaining the excellent level of service that our team is so proud to deliver, and I am delighted to learn that we have successfully achieved that during your stay with us thank you again for your review.

I hope we have the pleasure to welcoming you back soon again.