“PERFECTION IN THE HEART OF DUBLIN!”
Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #6 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Sugar Land, Texas
“PERFECTION IN THE HEART OF DUBLIN!”
Reviewed 9 May 2009

What can I say other than this is a magnificent gem in the heart of Dublin. After a less than stellar stay in Galway (which I have reviewed) the Westbury was a like a dream come true. From the moment we drove up to entering my charming room loaded with amentities, I knew I was in for a treat. The staff was incredible, the room was spotless and the location in the heart of the action. Nothing snooty about the staff either, they couldn't have been any more professional and friendly. I found this out when I weighed myself on the scale in the room. Knowing I had eaten too much during my stay in Ireland, I called down to the front desk and asked them to convert the KG/stones to dreaded pounds! After great laugh I was informed my fears were coorect and I was totally pudged out! When I came down to go roaming around the area I had a great chat with the staff who thought my phone call was the funniest thing they had encountered and encouraged me to eat drink and be meryy while in Dublin! Friendliness just adds so much to a stay. It can turn a three=star hotel into a five and a five star into perfection. I plan on returning for pleasure and the Westbury will be my destination. Even the baggage handlers and doormen were funny and kind. I felt like I had known them for years. It all conspired to make my short one night stay before flying home a special treat-thank you!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank ARKSugarLand
WehManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Dear ARKsugarland

Thank you for having chosen to stay at The Westbury Hotel Dublin and thank you for having taken the time to review your experience of our renowned establishment on Tripadvisor.
Your opinion is important to us and your feedback is most appreciated indeed.
Comments from our guests allow us to carefully monitor and ensure the very best of standards associated with those of Leading Hotels Of The World.
I do hope that it will not be too long before I have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Westbury Hotel and thank you once again for your comments and custom.
Lynsey White
Assistant Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Southeast
Reviewed 4 May 2009

I have just returned from an excellent weekend away in Dublin where myself and three of my firends stayed at the Westbury hotel for what was an excellent stay dispite the rugby result. We arrived early and the girl on reception had both rooms ready for us so we had no waiting around for our room. After the disappointing result we returned to the hotel and we decided to try the bar downstairs Cafe Novo which was excellent ,we spent the night there.......... after a late night I recommend the room service breakfast... I have stayed in five star hotels before but none compare to the Westbury for having it all there for you and service to match.... I will be back.......

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank ChrisSoutheast
Dear ChrisSoutheast,

mullingar
Reviewed 3 May 2009

I stayed there with my partner as a treat for his birthday. The hotel is absolutely faultness. Wonderfull staff, beautiful room, even better location. .I absolutely loved my stay and can't wait to return!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank mulgal
Dear mulgal,

Ireland
Reviewed 26 April 2009

We stayed at the westbury to celebrate my girlfriends birthday and the hotel lived up to our expectations in every way. I requested some Champagne on arrival from my Girlfriend and the hotel ensured it was there, she was delighted. The hotel is located just off grafton street so we didnt need the car all weekend. While the coneirge recommened some excellent retaurants for us to try we also tried Cafe Novo downstairs in the hotel and they service and food was amazing the staff are extremely helpfull and the sharing platers to start with are an excellent idea. Our room was really nice and they have some brilliant features, you can plug in you ipod in the room and they have nespresso machines for poeple like me who love coffee this was a great plus.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PhilIreland07
WestburyGM, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 3 May 2009
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted that both yourself and your girlfriend had a most enjoyable stay and trust it was a birthday your girlfriend will remember for many years to come.

The Westbury Hotel has recently completed a major refurbishment programme in an effort to improve both our facilities and service to guests. The programme , which commenced in 2008, covered all areas of the hotel, including all of our guest bedrooms, Wilde The Restaurant, our dedicated meeting rooms, the new look Gallery, Marble Bar and finally Cafe Novo Bar and Brasserie. As one of the Leading Hotels of the World, The Westbury offers a unique experience in standards of hospitality, service and, now more than ever, elegance and style.

It is my goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in the future. Please kindly contact me personally before your next visit to the Westbury Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of the Westbury's renowned hospitality.

Kind Regards
Glenn Valentine - General Manager
dublin
Reviewed 23 April 2009

Myself and my husband recently stayed in this hotel a treat for my birthday and a treat it was! When we were checking in the reception was busy but we were prompty checkd in by very friendly and polite staff, the room was beautiful, very modern and larger than i had expected ,most city clenter hotels i expect smaller rooms than normal as you are paying for location but in the Westbury you get both! the room has great amenities,fantastic big tv , coffee machine and lovely aqua di parma in the bathroom.The rest of our stay was flawless,great bar and restaurant, all the staff are so courtious and friendly - really made the stay and my birthday, will definatly be back, at the very least to sit and relax in the lovely "gallery" area and watch the world go by on grafton street.Cant recommend it enough!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank niamh2
Dear niamh2,

Yorkshire
Reviewed 23 April 2009

Had a fantastic stay at The Westbury, so much so, we're going back again in May! The hotel's in a great location, close to some fantastic bars, restuarants and shopping. The room was nice, the staff friendly and helpful. They do some fantastic deals, we booked through their website which was the cheapest.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sobio2
WestburyGM, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 28 April 2009
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind review on TripAdvisor and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I have noted that you will be returning to us in May and would be delighted if you could contact me prior to your arrival, as I would be delighted to personally extend some of Westbury's well renowned hospitality.

Kind Regards

Glenn Valentine
Brighton
Reviewed 17 April 2009

Visited Dublin for a business meeting (also in the hotel). Reception staff were very attentive & helpful on arrival and my room was clean though a bit small. The meeting room was fine and the service we got was good. We messed around with our lunch arrangements a little but the staff took this in their stride and were really helpful. Even if they were a tiny bit exasperated by this, it didn't show. The food at lunch was very nice too. The Westbury is in a great location and is ideally situated for shopping & sightseeing. I have to say that Dublin is a great City and was looking cleaner and a bit more modern than my last visit a couple of years ago. The Westbury is a bit of an indulgence for a weekend leisure stay, I'd say, but it's certainly a very good hotel.

Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank SaldeanTripper
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to The Westbury Hotel Dublin in the near future.

Warm Regards