“Great Stay and Perfect for Grafton Street”
Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #6 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 24 July 2009

We booked the Westbury for one night before returning home after our stay in Galway also to go Shopping to Brown Thomas and other stores on Grafton Street. On arrival we where helped with our cases into the lift and taken up to Reception. We where then given Hot Towels to freshen up. Check in was easy and quick. We then took the lift again which was operated via the Bell Boy. On arriving into our room it was very spacious and clean the bathroom was stocked with lovely Toiletries. The room had a minibar what was well stocked with plenty of variety as the Ice Machines where not working we rang to room service to get some they brought us up a large Ice bucket full very quickly. Of a night we went out and when we returned the Maids had got our beds ready for the night and left chocolates and slippers by the bed. The beds where extremely comfy and the pillows where just a bid too hard though. The Coffee Machine in the room didnt seem to work but we were not to bothered as wee wanted Tea anyway. The Bathroom was small but practical and was nicely designed and luxurious. On departure from the hotel we where helped with our cases into the Taxi by the Assistant Manager. Overall a brilliant stay.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tom W
WehManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Tom W

Thank you for having chosen to stay at The Westbury Hotel Dublin and thank you for having taken the time to review your experience of our renowned establishment on Tripadvisor.
Your opinion is important to us and your feedback is most appreciated indeed.
Comments from our guests allow us to carefully monitor and ensure the very best of standards associated with those of Leading Hotels Of The World.
I do hope that it will not be too long before I have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Westbury Hotel and thank you once again for your comments and custom.
Assistant Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,143)

Reviewed 23 July 2009

My husband and I recently spent one night at The Westbury. We chose it for its central location and 5* rating. A lovely mirrored entrance way, then you go upstairs to the check-in area. Check-in hardly took a minute. Very efficient, and our room was ready (it was only 9.30am). We took morning tea in the large seating area, which overlooked the front of the hotel, towards Grafton Street. The lifts to the room have a little bench seat...good for resting those tired shopped-out legs! We were in room 601. We had booked a superior queen, but instead were given a very large studio suite. On returning home, I checked the hotel website for theis type of room. It was mentioned, but no photos available and no price, so I'm not sure what it should have cost. The room was smart/contemporary. 4 poster bed, which was a dark wooden frame, but no swags and frills. Two very comfortable lounge chairs and stool to watch the tv. Lots of mirrored glass in the large bathroom. The only problem we had was with the toilet. You had to make sure you got up before flushing. This was because the flush was so violent, it sent water onto and over the seat onto the floor. We did find it quite amusing, however. We mentioned it at check out and the lady was most apologetic and asked if we wanted to speak to someone else about it. She had taken the complaint very seriously. However, I said I wasnt complaining, just mentioning that it may need to fixed before wetting the next lot of guests. The bed was large, but quite soft. Pillows. Two each, all very thick, but squished when you put your head on them, therefore folding around your face somewhat. The worst part was the room faced Clarendon Street and there was loud music from some nearby bar/disco until 2.15am. We enjoyed a drink in the Marble Bar. Low lighting and comfy settees/chairs made for a seductive drink. We didnt eat at the hotel, but I know the breakfast was about 30Euro per person

2  Thank shortwelshwoman

Dear shortwelshwoman

Reviewed 21 July 2009

I booked this hotel to celebrate my husband's birthday. We stayed for two days. On arrival we were told that we had been upgraded to a superior room with a four poster bed. The room was lovely, very large and very stylish. The bed was kingsize with a memory foam mattress, very comfortable. All the staff were very good, especially the reception staff. We ate the first night in the hotel restaurant downstairs. The food was great and the service. This hotel is centrally located so great for visiting Dublin, it is right in the middle of the main shopping area. There is lots to see and do in Dublin and we really enjoyed our weekend.
We did not book breakfeast in the hotel but discovered that Marks and Spencers had a roof garden restaurant and they did a full Irish breakfeast/ Eggs Benedict or pancakes and this was great value with a fabulous view over the city.
I would definitely stay at the Westbury again if I went back to Dublin.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LesleySheffield

Dear lesleysheffield

Reviewed 21 July 2009

The Westbury Hotel can be summed up with one word. Perfect. The location is perfect. The staff is perfect. The rooms are Perfect. I cannot say enough for this hotel and for its general manager Glenn Valentine and his assistant Sinead O’Toole. Upon arrival they had us upgraded to a suite. Glenn and Sinead were extremely helpful and went out of their way to help us plan our first trip to Ireland with advice for dinning, entertainment, and nightlife. I knew from the get go that we picked the right hotel!

Our room and all of the common areas of the hotel were stunning. We had plenty of space in our room, and it was very clean and comfortable. After walking around everyday, it was nice to be able to come back to the hotel to relax in that huge bed. It is really the small things that add up that make the rooms at the Westbury so nice. The heated towel racks, the large windows letting in a ton of light, the wireless internet, the turndown service at night, and the décor are just a few things that make the rooms at the Westbury so welcoming.

I also have to thank the cleaning staff who were very personable and always said hello with a huge smile whenever we walked by. Its funny, I made a comment in passing about how good the chocolate was that they put in the room for turndown and the next night they had left us with what seemed like entire bag of chocolates. Came in real handy for our flight back to the states!

The location of the Westbury Hotel cannot be any better in Dublin. It is literally steps for all of the shopping districts, St. Stephens Green, hundreds of restaurants, and theatres. It’s also a short walk to Temple Bar District (which is a must in Dublin), the Dublin Castle, and the Cathedral. Although the Guinness Factory is a mile and a half away, it is actually a very nice walk.

Without a doubt, I would recommend this hotel for anyone planning a trip to Dublin. Like I said before, the Westbury Hotel is Perfect. Should my wife and I ever have the opportunity to get back to Dublin, we will undoubtedly stay here again!
Also, because I know management reads these comments, I must say thank you for putting together such a great staff at your hotel. It truly is a difference maker to have so many kind and helpful people when visiting!

Dear MMcquea

Reviewed 19 July 2009

We stayed at the Westbury for one night during our trip through Ireland after reading the reviews here. We wish we had stayed a few nights longer and know we will definitely return the next time we are in Dublin. The hotel is in a fantastic location and is outstanding through and through. When we arrived after a long drive we were greeted by the friendly staff at the front desk who made an extra effort to see that we were ok after a bit of trouble finding the hotel parking. The bellman escorted us to our room which was large and very nicely decorated and had a Nespresso machine and a luxurious bathroom. The bed was so comfortable we slept right through breakfast in the morning! We had pre-dinner drinks at the Marble Bar and ate lunch at Cafe Novo and both were very nice. The concierge recommended a fantastic Italian restaurant in the area for dinner (The Unicorn) and was very helpful. The outstanding service offered by the staff from the moment we arrived until we departed made this hotel truly deserving of the "Leading Hotels of the World" label! Stay here - you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank su2320

Dear su2320

Reviewed 11 July 2009

i stayed at the Westbury for three nights while visiting dublin. I loved this hotel. The location was superb ! The hotel staff was helpful and friendly. The rooms were very nice !! I would definitely stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat. They had a fantastic coffee maker in the room along with comfy robes. Linens were very nice quality. The rooms clean and nicely decorated. The beds very comfortable. A great experience !

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lindakathleen
WehManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

Dear lindakathleen

Reviewed 6 July 2009

My wife and I stayed for one night while taking in the Rod Stuart concert.Really impressed with the location and courtesy of staff.Would recommend definately-with prehaps a little reluctance regarding the price.Certainly if you want to treat yourself,this is the place to be.Top class and no complaints.

1  Thank MickJoeMayo_