“Great city centre location with great staff”
Review of Beresford Hotel

Beresford Hotel
Ranked #96 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
dublin
“Great city centre location with great staff”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed her at the start of May with my lady. I arrived early expecting that the hotel room would not be available until two. I met with the lovely liina in reception and she managed to get me a lovely room before the check in time which was great as I had just driven for a few hours.
I decided to have lunch in the restaurant as there was a steady stream of people on their lunch break. I enjoyed a great pizza and my girlfriend had the pasta. The food was really good and even the chef came out to ask how our food was which was a fantastic touch.
All in all we had a great night in Dublin and really enjoyed staying at the hotel. It's nice to see such friendly staff that seem to really enjoy working in the business. I will definitely be stopping here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank scadoodle
Liina V, Front Office Manager at Beresford Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Scadoodle,

I would like to sincerely thank you for sharing your amazing feedback on your experiences at Beresford Hotel IFSC. I was truly delighted reading your review. It is wonderful that the team here make you feel welcome and comfortable and they helped to provide memorable experiences. Please be assured I will pass on your heart warming comments to all the team. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Beresford Hotel IFSC in the near future.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights the hotel was very clean and the staff were polite and helpful. We had breakfast on two occasions, the food was a buffet style consisting of a variety of delights from continental to full Irish breakfast. The food was very well presented and there was plenty to choose from. The rooms were comfortable and cleaned each day with fresh towels put out. The price was competitive. However, as a paying guest we had to pay €12 per day extra to park our car their car park. Would we stay here again YES and would recommend it as it was only a short walk to all the town amenities.. Thanks for a making our trip a memorable one.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stephen C
Dear Steohen C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay at Beresford Hotel IFSC. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the location was perfect for you. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere and our breakfast offering. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Beresford Hotel IFSC on your next trip to Dublin.

Nadi, Fiji
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here in April and was giving a room in the Georgian suite area. It was like a maze to find the room for starters. The room itself was grand except for one huge flaw there was no water in the room the night I arrived! The next morning only a freezing shower awaited me. They gave me a key to another room to have a shower but I didn't know where this room was (this hotel really is like a maze) and I shouldn't have to move to get a shower! What annoyed me the most is that I was not offered a free nights accommodation for such a fundamental flaw! Only a unspecific "discount" on my next stay by the manager. Why would I come back!!,minimum I should have been offered a free nights stay. Shocking service avoid like the plague!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank session2011
Liina V, Front Office Manager at Beresford Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Hello Session2011,

Thank you for taking the time to leave the above review and for bringing this to my attention. Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues with your bedroom, this is not the normal standard for Beresford Hotel IFSC.
In order to resolve the issue above I would require a little more detail, your room number for example and date of stay. I would be most grateful if you could email details of your stay to me on email address receptionmanager@beresfordhotelifsc.com.
We take customer care here very seriously and I would be very grateful to you for the opportunity to resolve this.

Warm Regards,
Front Office Manager

Travellers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

We spent 2 nights here after a Paddywagon Tour of Ireland. It's just round the corner from their office, and over the road from the bus station. Large room on top floor (after the lift you have to climb one flight of stairs to this floor) but bed, bathroom and amenities all excellent. Good in-house restaurant with a full breakfast for 9 Euro, and easy walking distance to Temple Bar area and O'Connell St. So - good value for money and I would stay there again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dave&Barbie
Liina V, Front Office Manager at Beresford Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear Dave&Barbie,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at Beresford Hotel IFSC. It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay and that the location and the team provided exactly what you were looking for. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Beresford Hotel IFSC in the near future.

Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel with friends and had two separate rooms. The hotel is very close to temple bar area (10 minute walk), o'connell street and close to bus stops. The reception, restaurant and bar area were lovely and the reception looked very modern. However the rooms did not seem to match this standard. The bedroom itself was nice and nicely decorated, but the bathroom is a bit dated. Both rooms had a problem with the heat as the radiator always seemed to be on high with no way of turning it down and the water kept going very hot both in the bath and the sink which was very annoying when trying to have a shower because it felt like you were being scolded! Our friends also were not happy about the television in their room as they said it was very small, dated and only had a few channels, however I did not think of this as much of a problem as we hadn't gone to watch TV and were only in the room for a short period of time.
The breakfast at the hotel was lovely with a wide variety and the people on reception were very pleasant and helpful- they even booked us a taxi back to the airport when we asked. The restaurant in the hotel is excellent value for money- we had 3 courses for €20 and it was delicious! We also went to the bar/restaurant that is next door to the hotel and that was also good value and highly recommended.
Overall, I would stay again as long as they can fix the water issue and the heat problem but my partner and our friends said they would rather go elsewhere.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank vizii
Liina V, Front Office Manager at Beresford Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Vizii,

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your recent stay with us at Beresford Hotel IFSC. I am delighted to hear that you and your friends had an enjoyable stay overall and that you got to soak in some of the sights in Dublin. It is fantastic that you and your friends enjoyed the wonderful meal in our restaurant and that the staff here treated you well. I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding the water and heat problems and please be assured I will pass this onto maintenance and the accommodation team. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Beresford Hotel IFSC on your next trip to Dublin.

Torrance, California
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The Hotel was like a 5 star Hotel with the great staff and the very clean rooms, it is in a great area close to everything but very quite area, My TV picture went out and when I called the front desk Tomek said they would send someone, The maintenance guy came right away and fixed it. The breakfast as amazing they had lots of choices, Great value, don`t miss this one, Thanks Guys

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Steve B
Liina V, Front Office Manager at Beresford Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Steve B,

Thank you very much for providing feedback on your recent weekend at Beresford Hotel IFSC. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the maintenance guy looked after you exceptionally. It is truly wonderful that you enjoyed all aspects of the service we provide here and please be assured I will pass on your fantastic feedback to Tomek and Marian and all the team here. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Beresford Hotel IFSC on your next trip to Dublin.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 28 April 2014

appears as 4* and you pay like a 4*, but when you're inside, is difficult to see more than 2*. Bathroom is really old, the furnitures in the rooms are sad, extremely cheaper, noises everywhere, the pillows was really bad, our neck is ko. I don't recomend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JordiCork
Dear JordiCork,

I would like to thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Beresford Hotel IFSC. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us and did not deem us of a 3* standard. I am sorry to find our interior design and décor is not to your satisfaction. It is through guest honest and forthright feedback such as yours that we can continually monitor and improve the service and products we provide here at the hotel. Again, I would like to thank you for providing us with your feedback and I am sorry you were not satisfied with your stay.