“Beside Bus Station”

Ranked #102 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Longford
“Beside Bus Station”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Good 1-night stay before catching Airlink bus to the airport. Airlink stop is right across the street. Bus station and a Tram stop on the same street. Connolly Rail station 5 mins walk away. Room was small and basic, but seemed to have been newly decorated. Good nights sleep - no noise - it was a Sunday Night. Breakfat very nice.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank fourcourt
Liina V, Front Office Manager at Beresford Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Fourcourt,

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Beresford Hotel. It is great to hear you had an enjoyable trip and the hotel was convenient for you. The team and I hope we can welcome you back on your next trip to Dublin.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Hebrew first
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The hotel is in a great location for accessing all public transport......buses, trams and the DART (train). Buses to and from the airport for 6Euros one way across the way. Staff are very helpful. Room clean and comfortable, and hot showers. Bar attached to the hotel, and restaurant within the hotel. All reasonably priced, although Ireland is expensive.

Room Tip: ask for a room above the first floor ....the noise from the lane to one side and the tram line on th...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear 113MariaGG,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Beresford Hotel. I am delighted that the location suited you well and you enjoyed your experience in Dublin. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Beresford Hotel on your next trip to Dublin.

Slough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

On a business trip, Wed 2nd to Fri 4th July 2014. The location of the hotel was great for my business trip exactly five minutes walk round the corner.
I arrived in Dublin early and I asked if I could leave my suitcase until I check in later, the hotel said that was not a problem and looked after my case and checked me in for later.
My room (222) was large with two double beds, very comfortable. I was surprised to see a big box telly instead of a flat screen, the TV worked and I could get BBC1 news. The TV remote did not work, I think the batteries had run out. The hotel and room looked worn but were recently decorated. The wifi stopped working on the first night, the reception said they would contact the suppliers. Eventually the wifi was working and once connected the wifi could be used on all my devices.
The food from the cafe/bar was sufficient, has burger and chips, which was served quickly and was edible. The next night I went to the hotel restaurant and was very pleased with the menu suggestions and the food I ordered.
The staff were very pleasant and polite. The reception staff were very helpful when not overworked or on the phone.
Overall I liked my stay at the hotel but if I were going to Dublin again I would choose a better location for the cafe's, bars and restaurants.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Liina V, Front Office Manager at Beresford Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Ray O,

Thank you very much for commenting on your recent stay at the Beresford Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your food experience in our Le Monde cafe/bar and in our Italian restaurant Il Vignardo. I hope your business went well. We all hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to Beresford Hotel on your next business trip to Dublin.

Welwyn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Hotel has good location with tram and bus links very close by, in fact so close you can hear every movement. I fully accept that the hotel can do little about being next to a transport hub but it makes no attempt whatsoever to mitigate the problem, nor are the staff interested in giving assistance where a little effort would make a difference. The weather was superb (20 C plus) the problem was the windows acted like a greenhouse in the room no problem, I thought, switch on the air conditioning - it did not work. Open the windows - consequence, hear the bus terminus & trams is all their glory ! Have a bath - no hot water ! Well, this is not strictly speaking true; the answer was to turn on the hot water tap only, fill the bath, empty then repeat the process by which time sufficient hot water had arrived into the room to facilitate a bath. I was left wondering the purpose of the cold water tap ! Room TV channels very limited with no directory as to available channels. On the positive side the room size was good & clean. Breakfast good. The big disappointment was that I mentioned to hot water problem to reception only to find they were fully aware but for whatever reason had done nothing to rectify the situation but were happy to take your money for an inadequate facility.

Room Tip: Avoid room 216, ask for a room away from the bus terminus.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank gerard h
Liina V, Front Office Manager at Beresford Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Gerard H,

Please accept my sincere apologies for your poor experience in Beresford Hotel. I am grateful to you for bringing this to my attention and I would be even in more debt to you if you can contact me directly on my email receptionmanager@beresfordhotelifsc.com as I would like to discuss these issues with you in more detail. Once again I sincerely apologize for our many shortcomings.

Yours Gratefully,
Front Office Manager

Travellers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Newtownards, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We taped there when going to a concert in the O2.
Hotel from front perhaps a bit dated but rooms were small but fine for a 1 night stay.
Very clean.
Staff very pleasant and really wanted you to have a good stay.
5 minutes walk from train station and O'Connell Street.
Luas and bus station 1 minute away so good base for exploring or heading to O2.
Breakfast pom a bit dull but food fine.
We didn't try restaurant or bar but seemed reasonable.
Can be noisy with DART close by.

Room Tip: Room away from side DART passes.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sfc133,

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Beresford Hotel. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay, all the team was friendly and that the location was convenient for your visit. The team and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel on your next trip to Dublin.

Galway
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We were booking last minute and chose Beresford because of its location.

Reception were robotic and didn't really answer our questions.

Room was clean but very noisy all the time and the window overlooked the Luas line and the Garda station.

Shower was unbelievably powerful and the highlight of our stay. Don't know how water charges will effect this hotel

No residents bar so any drink after 11 had to be consumed in the bedroom or the lobby which seemed to upset a few people each evening. We found this very strange as there was obviously money to be made.

Breakfast seemed to suit Europeans more than Irish and bread rolls were stale.

No sign of a manager all weekend anywhere in the hotel.

Would not return in a hurry

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Thatsjustmyopinion13
Liina V, Front Office Manager at Beresford Hotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Thatsjustmyopinion13,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Beresford Hotel. It is through feedback such as yours that we can continue to improve our level of customer service. I am terribly sorry for the experience you had regarding robotic reception staff. This is not the usual high standard of customer care we provide. I ensure you that all your feedback will be investigated and utilized to the full extent. I sincerely apologize for the shortcomings you encountered during your stay with us.

Warm Regards,
Southampton
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Needed a hotel relatively central without spending a fortune and this looked ideal. Reception gives a good first impression which is not quite what you expect when looking from the outside and the room was well appointed and very spacious albeit looking a little tired in places.
Had a room on the side street (on the right hand side looking at the front) 2nd floor and for a Monday night it was like trying to sleep in the middle of a railway station......bear in mind that it is right outside the railway station and the trains literally pass the window (2nd floor) about 25mtrs from the room. so between the passing night clubbers, late commuters and bin lorries, hotel supply trucks etc I think I had about an hours sleep in total. if there is such a thing, ask for a quiet room. overall the hotel is fine for a night or two, breakfast was good and staff very helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet one!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Liina V, Front Office Manager at Beresford Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Trek700,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay at Beresford Hotel. I am very sorry to hear that your room was too noisy, as you mentioned we do not have quiet rooms and I apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. Guest feedback is very important to us at Beresford Hotel. Please be assured your comments will be investigated and utilized fully.