“Lovely Hotel”
Review of Beresford Hotel

Beresford Hotel
Ranked #101 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed in May 2014. The hotel is very clean with a lovely atmosphere and very friendly, helpful staff. Breakfast was very good. Private, secure car park well worth booking. Convenient for shops and bars. We would stay here again and would recommend i to anyone staying in Dublin..

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MystifyU
Liina V, Front Office Manager at Beresford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear MystifyU

Thank you for providing feedback in regards to your experience at Beresford Hotel. I am glad your recent stay with us was an enjoyable one. I will make sure your praise will be passed on to the team. We all hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Beresford Hotel in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Beresford Hotel

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I based this booking on what I read online. We needed a one night stay near the train and this was the perfect location. Their breakfast was extensive. Lots to choose from.
The room we had was spacious. This is an old building and very well kept. The area was quiet and the rest of Dublin was in walking distance.

Room Tip: I asked for non-smoking and not near the lift.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Liina V, Front Office Manager at Beresford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Velogiant,

Thank you for providing feedback in regards to your experience at Beresford Hotel. I will make sure your glowing comments are passed on to the team. There is nothing more satisfactory than reading feedback like yours. I am delighted you had a wonderful stay with us. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Beresford Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Good value for the money, central location near to all visiting places;
High street, shooping areas, buses, rail station, walking distance to Temple Bar region, Trinity University
The Front office gave good and profesional service - well done.

Stayed: July 2014
Liina V, Front Office Manager at Beresford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Shimon B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at Beresford Hotel. It is wonderful that you enjoyed your visit to Dublin and that we were the perfect spot for your visit. Please be assured I will pass on your glowing comments to the reception team. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Beresford Hotel on your next trip to Dublin.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Good 1-night stay before catching Airlink bus to the airport. Airlink stop is right across the street. Bus station and a Tram stop on the same street. Connolly Rail station 5 mins walk away. Room was small and basic, but seemed to have been newly decorated. Good nights sleep - no noise - it was a Sunday Night. Breakfat very nice.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank fourcourt
Liina V, Front Office Manager at Beresford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Fourcourt,

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Beresford Hotel. It is great to hear you had an enjoyable trip and the hotel was convenient for you. The team and I hope we can welcome you back on your next trip to Dublin.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The hotel is in a great location for accessing all public transport......buses, trams and the DART (train). Buses to and from the airport for 6Euros one way across the way. Staff are very helpful. Room clean and comfortable, and hot showers. Bar attached to the hotel, and restaurant within the hotel. All reasonably priced, although Ireland is expensive.

Room Tip: ask for a room above the first floor ....the noise from the lane to one side and the tram line on th...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear 113MariaGG,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Beresford Hotel. I am delighted that the location suited you well and you enjoyed your experience in Dublin. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Beresford Hotel on your next trip to Dublin.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

On a business trip, Wed 2nd to Fri 4th July 2014. The location of the hotel was great for my business trip exactly five minutes walk round the corner.
I arrived in Dublin early and I asked if I could leave my suitcase until I check in later, the hotel said that was not a problem and looked after my case and checked me in for later.
My room (222) was large with two double beds, very comfortable. I was surprised to see a big box telly instead of a flat screen, the TV worked and I could get BBC1 news. The TV remote did not work, I think the batteries had run out. The hotel and room looked worn but were recently decorated. The wifi stopped working on the first night, the reception said they would contact the suppliers. Eventually the wifi was working and once connected the wifi could be used on all my devices.
The food from the cafe/bar was sufficient, has burger and chips, which was served quickly and was edible. The next night I went to the hotel restaurant and was very pleased with the menu suggestions and the food I ordered.
The staff were very pleasant and polite. The reception staff were very helpful when not overworked or on the phone.
Overall I liked my stay at the hotel but if I were going to Dublin again I would choose a better location for the cafe's, bars and restaurants.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Liina V, Front Office Manager at Beresford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Ray O,

Thank you very much for commenting on your recent stay at the Beresford Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your food experience in our Le Monde cafe/bar and in our Italian restaurant Il Vignardo. I hope your business went well. We all hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to Beresford Hotel on your next business trip to Dublin.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Hotel has good location with tram and bus links very close by, in fact so close you can hear every movement. I fully accept that the hotel can do little about being next to a transport hub but it makes no attempt whatsoever to mitigate the problem, nor are the staff interested in giving assistance where a little effort would make a difference. The weather was superb (20 C plus) the problem was the windows acted like a greenhouse in the room no problem, I thought, switch on the air conditioning - it did not work. Open the windows - consequence, hear the bus terminus & trams is all their glory ! Have a bath - no hot water ! Well, this is not strictly speaking true; the answer was to turn on the hot water tap only, fill the bath, empty then repeat the process by which time sufficient hot water had arrived into the room to facilitate a bath. I was left wondering the purpose of the cold water tap ! Room TV channels very limited with no directory as to available channels. On the positive side the room size was good & clean. Breakfast good. The big disappointment was that I mentioned to hot water problem to reception only to find they were fully aware but for whatever reason had done nothing to rectify the situation but were happy to take your money for an inadequate facility.

Room Tip: Avoid room 216, ask for a room away from the bus terminus.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank gerard h
Liina V, Front Office Manager at Beresford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Gerard H,

Please accept my sincere apologies for your poor experience in Beresford Hotel. I am grateful to you for bringing this to my attention and I would be even in more debt to you if you can contact me directly on my email receptionmanager@beresfordhotelifsc.com as I would like to discuss these issues with you in more detail. Once again I sincerely apologize for our many shortcomings.

Yours Gratefully,