“Lovely!”
Review of Beresford Hotel

Beresford Hotel
Ranked #101 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Stayed here as a couple for two nights. Reception staff were nice, room was clean, location was perfect. Can't complain! We didn't get breakfast or order food/drinks so can't comment on that. If you want a nice clean room that is quite central in Dublin, this place is perfect! Price was good too, especially as Dublin is very expensive.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Liina V, Front Office Manager at Beresford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Orange63,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Beresford Hotel. The team and I are delighted you enjoyed your two nights with us. Thank you for noticing our very high standard of cleanliness and I will make sure your glowing comments are passed on to our housekeeping team. We strive to keep an excellent level of service at front desk and I am glad you had a good experience. The team and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next trip to Dublin.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Was expecting a room much different than what we had. We saw pictures of a light airy room and instead was stuck in a dungeon like room directly above the kitchen with little light and very little ventilation. The TV was maybe double the size of my iPad which meant you couldn't see anything from the bed.

The service was severely lacking. The only time reception was helpful was when she was selling the restaurant in the hotel to us upon checking in. She made no mention of any amenities or even how to access the internet.

The next day after an all day tour we asked for a restaurant recommendation. When we basically indicated we were not interested in the hotel, we received nothing from her.

I mentioned the noisy room and lack of ventilation and rather than anything remotely of sympathy I got "the entire hotel is warm and do you want a fan?" Well, that statement was not true the front half of the hotel was noticeably cooler it in hallways. No acknowledgement was made of the fact that we were over the kitchen which was noisy until past midnight.

I also mentioned when I returned from a 13 hour tour that we were having hot water issues it the room and that we could not get cold water. The response? "If you had told me sooner I could have had the mechanic look at it." Really? No "thank you for bringing this to our attention, we are so sorry .....". Try brushing your teeth with hot water. At least he could have done was to offer to get us some bottle water to use for brushing teeth.

Last straw - receptionist argued with my husband and said there was no such type of voucher. Instead of arguing, he should have asked to see it.

I guess this is what my grandmother meant when she described the services she received from hotels touring the USSR.

I also notice that the manager asks people to email her with these issues but they seem to be recurring so if she emails me I will ignore her just like her employees seemed to ignore basic requests.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. A good room is in another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank dannybdanny

Dear Dannybdanny,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Beresford Hotel following your recent stay with us.
Firstly please accept my sincere apologies for the level of service you described as it is clearly not indicative of the standards we continuously strive to deliver. I would like to thank you for bringing these issues you encountered during your stay at our hotel to my attention. I found your comments both helpful and constructive. It is comments like yours that help us to enhance our guest’s experience.
Danny, please understand this is not a fair indication on how Beresford Hotel operates and once again I sincerely apologize for our many shortcomings.

Yours Gratefully,

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed for 2 nights in July 2014 . very clean hotel, good sized rooms all with full facilities, good restaurant varied menu, very good bar good range of drinks and very large bar meals. Easy walking distance to main shopping area also Temple Bar night life. Airport bus No 747 stops outside the hotel at bus terminal.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank hmcs
Liina V, Front Office Manager at Beresford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Hmcs,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Beresford Hotel. I am glad your experience with us was an enjoyable one. We are very proud of our location as it is within walking distance of all major Dublin sightseeing “hotspots”, restaurants and bars. The team and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next trip to Dublin.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We booked last minute. We needed to stay for 1 night in Dublin.
The room was an odd shape so the head board did not meet the bed therefore the pillow kept falling down the back of the bed. The room was hot and stuffy a fan was supplied but was so noisy it was difficult to sleep.
The appearence of the hotel was tired and shabby. The carpets were worn and dirty.
The reception staff were polite and helpful.
Parking was a good 5minute walk away.
Cost of parking overnight was €12.5.
Next visit to Dublin we will book in advance

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank susanmul

Dear Susanmul,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us at Beresford Hotel. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Please be assured I will pass your comments to accommodation team and they will be utilized fully. It is through honest feedback such as yours that we can continually improve the service and products we provide.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed in May 2014. The hotel is very clean with a lovely atmosphere and very friendly, helpful staff. Breakfast was very good. Private, secure car park well worth booking. Convenient for shops and bars. We would stay here again and would recommend i to anyone staying in Dublin..

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MystifyU
Liina V, Front Office Manager at Beresford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear MystifyU

Thank you for providing feedback in regards to your experience at Beresford Hotel. I am glad your recent stay with us was an enjoyable one. I will make sure your praise will be passed on to the team. We all hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Beresford Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I based this booking on what I read online. We needed a one night stay near the train and this was the perfect location. Their breakfast was extensive. Lots to choose from.
The room we had was spacious. This is an old building and very well kept. The area was quiet and the rest of Dublin was in walking distance.

Room Tip: I asked for non-smoking and not near the lift.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Liina V, Front Office Manager at Beresford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Velogiant,

Thank you for providing feedback in regards to your experience at Beresford Hotel. I will make sure your glowing comments are passed on to the team. There is nothing more satisfactory than reading feedback like yours. I am delighted you had a wonderful stay with us. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Beresford Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Good value for the money, central location near to all visiting places;
High street, shooping areas, buses, rail station, walking distance to Temple Bar region, Trinity University
The Front office gave good and profesional service - well done.

Stayed: July 2014
Liina V, Front Office Manager at Beresford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Shimon B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at Beresford Hotel. It is wonderful that you enjoyed your visit to Dublin and that we were the perfect spot for your visit. Please be assured I will pass on your glowing comments to the reception team. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Beresford Hotel on your next trip to Dublin.