“Another fantastic experience”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Another fantastic experience”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I recently returned to this hotel for short business trip and was again very impressed. The staff were so friendly, helpful and accomodating to my request for a quiet room. The breakfast and bar food were of a very high standard, with quick and friendly service after a long day at work. I could not recommend it highly enough for the location, right next to the Aviva stadium and Lansdowne Dart station or a quick, cheap taxi to the city centre. It is always my preferred choice in Dublin.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Annon A
Sandymount_Hotel, Owner at Sandymount Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014

Thank you for your kind review.

I believe I have a fantastic staff, and it is a great boost for them when their efforts are acknowledged.

We look forward to having you with us in the near future.

Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Hebrew first
Lurgan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

A friendly greeting awaits you when you enter this family run hotel set right in the heart of Dublin. Set right beside the Aviva stadium and 5 minutes taxi ride;or make use of their courtesy bus; from the O2 we found thatit is central to everything. Our party of 4 had stayed in 2 spacious rooms- each had a double and a single bed on a Friday evening to attend a concert in the O2. (my husband had forgot to bring the tickets- but that another story!) We had our evening meal in the restaurant and I have to say, my duck with noodles in chilli lime dressing was superb! My husband settled for the homemade burger and chips which he promptly devoured. Our friends also enjoyed their meals. After an enjoyable evening at the concert it was back to the hotel for a nightcap in the bar before a comfortable nights sleep and back on the road home. We will definitely be using this hotel again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Laura,

Thank you for your kind review.

I hope your husband is back in the good books having forgotten to bring the tickets!

We look forward to having you with us in the near future.

Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is my favourite Hotel in Dublin. The location is excellent, only a step away from the dart station, the Aviva Stadium and very close to The O2 and city centre. But that's only a location and while that is excellent, what I love is the warm welcome, the friendly staff, especially Beatrice who is a gem, beautiful food, ease of parking, the lovely family run feel and best of all a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: They are all good.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind review.

Beatrice has been with the hotel for 33 years and should be a national treasure.

carlow,ireland
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is a lovely hotel.The staff were very friendly and helpful. A very good base in Dublin for concerts,matches etc. Easy access to the O2,Aviva stadium,or RDS.
I travelled with my elderly parents and my son,my parents enjoyed it so much that they are going back in 2 weeks to visit more of Dublin.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank seanCarlow_ireland
Dear Sean,

Thank you for your kind review.

We are honoured that your parents are returning so quickly to us.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for the second time. Rooms are a decent size and bathrooms have shower, bath, etc. tea/coffee in rooms and wifi via bitbuzz vouchers, which works just fine.
Across from Aviva stadium and a short walk to Sandymount green (Mulligans great pub and good food) or Ballsbridge.
Nice enough hotel, no frills, but then again you're not paying normal high Dublin prices. Would stay here again for the value for money.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

Ciaran Mulligan lives beside the hotel and owns a great pub. He always looks after our guests.

We look forward to having you with us on your next visit to Dublin.

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I was able to be pampered by the incredible staff for almost 2 weeks. The hotel is lovely, quaint, charming and quiet. The staff are attentive and so helpful. Delicious meals and drinks and impeccably clean rooms rounded out my experience. It's obvious that this is a family business because everyone is committed to doing their best for the owners and guests. I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Because of the quiet neighborhood I think all rooms are fine. Each room seems to have its own perso...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank JuliaGulia1952
Dear Julia,

Thank you for your kind review.

We are proud to be one of the last remaining family hotels in Dublin, and it is a great boost when guests such as yourself take time to acknowledge our efforts.

We look forward to having you with us on your next visit to Ireland.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on weds night for a concert (we had stayed before for a concert in the O2 and as they offered a free shuttle bus to the venue we chose this hotel again).

Firstly when we arrived to check in we inquired about the shuttle to the O2, this was still an available service, although now not free and cost €3 per person to arrive at the concert 1.5hrs early, so we walked... We got back at about 11.30 that evening and had a drink which was very comfortable and served by friendly staff.

The following morning we were woken by a knock at the door and a member of housekeeping coming in at 8am. When I went to the door after making them aware that we were still in the room I looked down the corridor to see the person trying to hide down the hallway, I asked why she knocked and she just said oh sorry. Then unable to get back to sleep I got ready and called reception asking what time check out was and was there a reason we were being woken to leave early. I was simply apologized to and that's it. Didn't quite make up for the lack of sleep ...

We didn't have breakfast included but went to the restaurant and paid €10 each for a full irish buffet. Unfortunatly it seemed that €10 wouldn't even buy you a slice of toast - after standing at a 6 slice toaster for nearly 10 mins I gave up trying to get my toast, it seems that the couple that I had put mine in were broken with no signage to tell people. So people were using the other slots as I was waiting for mine, there was never a chance to use the working ones. I approached the lady who seemed to be in charge (short blonde hair) and asked her why there wasn't a label or something on it to tell us that it was broken and all I got was a dirty look while she ordered someone else to get something for a sign. No apology.

No sleep, no breakfast without attitude, I don't think we'll bother again for our future dublin trips. And on a side note, the day ahead was to be enjoyed with a little shopping whilst in the capital, unfortunatly due to the lack of rest, it was mostly filled with sitting around resting. Waste of a day....

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Mbutler96
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I apologise that the service during your stay with us was not as it should have been.

Your comments particularly regarding being woken and breakfast will be brought to the attention of the relevant supervisors.