“Loved it!”

and 1 more site!
The Townhouse
Ranked #98 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I totally recommend the Townhouse, the room was cute and comfy, it was clean, there is lot of choice for breakfast and the staff is really helpful in planning daytrips around Ireland, also it is 10 minutes walk from Temple Bar and in front of airport bus station and near a train station.
Great, really!

1  Thank KeyF31
DublinMurielO, Public Relations Manager at The Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Hi KeyF31

Your beautiful accent still echoes through our Georgian corridors, it was such a pleasure to have you stay at The Townhouse Dublin City Centre, you have raised several key points of our product and service, our informative and helpful staff, our comfortable rooms and our central location. It is such a reward for us when a genuine guest uses a global platform such as TripAdvisor to highlight the efforts that we are making to ensure that our guests enjoy a true Irish welcome. We really look forward to your next stay at The Townhouse and until we meet again, God Bless and Safe travelling.

We focus on providing comfortable rooms, informative front of house staff and value for your money. Please make sure to LIKE Our Facebook Page as we have a FREE Draw right now that could see you enjoy your next stay with The Townhouse Hotel absolutely FREE.

As well as delivering on our own products and service we work closely with other businesses in the area to ensure that our area is welcoming and that our local attractions such as Custom House Quay, Samuel Beckett Bridge, Gardiner Street Church and so much more are enjoyed by our guests.

We really try hard to deliver on customer service and your review confirms that it is paying off, our location right in the heart of Dublin is a key selling point, however, we like to think that our dedicated Tourist Information Desk and experienced staff are equally important to our local and international guests. Staycation packages available right now at unbeatable prices.

We are only a few minutes’ walk from Temple Bar and our accommodation prices are about 20% cheaper, including FREE Full Irish Breakfast each morning when you BOOK DIRECT on Our own website. If you are planning a Christmas Party in 2013 please stay in our comfortable, central location.

We have just launched Our August-Get-Away, Staycation Packages Dublin including multi-night discount, FREE Full Irish-Breakfast, Discount vouchers for most major Dublin attractions, including Dublin ZOO and so much more…

I hope you have taken the time to enter our fabulous FREE Draw on Our Facebook page, this draw could see you enjoy a stay at the Townhouse Hotel in Dublin City Centre absolutely free.

As you will know we have day tours leaving from our doorstep each day to such wonderful places such as the Giants Causeway and Cliffs of Moher, you will be back before 9pm, in plenty of time to enjoy a pint in one of our local Traditional Irish Pubs.

Please make sure to BOOK DIRECT on our website to enjoy special offers and see gardinerstreetdublin.com to keep up to date with what is going on in Dublin and Our area in particular.

There are newer reviews for The Townhouse

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Very disappointing, really just a glorified-hostel. Yes, the hotel was near the centre, yes it had 'secure' off-street parking (if you didn't mind handing over your keys to reception to allow the car to be moved), but otherwise there was little to commend this place. The room was hot, very hot actually, even though the preceding week had been just 15-20C maximum. And the room was very noisy from a) neighbours above and below because the walls were too thin and b) from the adjacent people in the hostel having streeet parties at the back every night. The rooms were also very small. The breakfast was OK if you love huge amounts of meat, but otherwise feeble on choice. And the whole area outside the small-room-space was shared with the hostel. The hotel is also on a very busy road at the front. Oh, and did I mention the fantastic view from my room of the multi-storey carpark at the back of the hotel? All-in-all, probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed at.

Room Tip: Not suitable for families, and don't expect to be able to sleep.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Paul S

Hi Paul

We have no record of any such complaint being made on site, and so it is impossible for us to establish the bone fides of your comments.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

The good: the staff were very friendly and helpful all around; good tips about visiting Dublin and the book contained a pages long narrative about how to wind your way through the city on the cheap.

The room was small but nice; the bed high quality. It was a bit stuffy; Ireland isn't big on AC but at least a fan for circulation would have been a nice addition. The neighborhood looks a little seedy but it's really fine; it's mostly youth hostels and is very near the heart of Dublin.

I think I probably misbooked the hotel because I wasn't looking to do Dublin on a budget, and that seems to be what they cater to. But for what it is, a low-priced option close to the city center, the Townhouse is a pretty good choice with a great staff.

1  Thank duelist135
Reviewed 25 August 2013

When were arrived at the BnB we found the rooms to be very nice but a bit small. The first room we had overlooked the common area and was too noisy for us. We approached the front desk and they happily moved us to a quieter room but unfortunately with no AC we found ourselves checking out after one night. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Would recommend this BnB.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I got this hotel by pure luck on a busy Saturday night.. Clean bed, old tv and shared bathroom, not exactly high standards but did the trick for a last min stay. Did not sleep very well as the noise is just hurrendous, pretty sure there is no double glazing and doors slamming all the time. Breakfast was ok.. and staff nice enough, Although, Would not stay here again- maybe after a refurb!

• Stayed: August 2013
DublinMurielO, Public Relations Manager at The Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Hi William

Thank you for taking the time to offer an opinion of The Townhouse Dublin City Centre. The contents of your opinion piece have been noted and will help us to continually improve our products and services. Please make sure to BOOK DIRECT on our website for your next stay so that you might enjoy a full Irish Breakfast FREE.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Check-in was fabulous. I arrived early, and they kindly stored my luggage while I went to meet some friends. The receptionist had a great sense of humour, and made me feel welcomed. I was upgraded free of charge to a doble room, even though I booked a single.

The first day at breakfast (which was included for booking straight with them), I arrived to the breakfast room quite late, at 9:45, just 15 minutes before they stop serving breakfast, and when I asked for coffee, I was told that coffee was finished. But after a couple of minutes, the waitress came and told me that she would make some more. After that, no more issues at breakfast time. Breakfast was in fact really good. Selection of cereals, fruit, cooked, toasts, jams, bread, juices.... everything you may want.

With the houskeeping team, I tried to get them to clean my room for the first two days, but leaving the "Please clean my room" sign didn't seem to work. So I went to reception, asked about it and they told me that I had to hang the sign before 11am, which I hadn't done the past couple of days because I met my friends at midday for lunch and not before. So the third day I finally got fresh linen and towels. Partially my fault, yes, but no one informed me about it beforehand.

The TVs need updating. Sound goes off for a couple of seconds every 20 or 30 seconds. Image was dirty, with white stripes all over the screen. But I didn't go to Dublin to watch TV, so no big deal.

I asked if I could have a late check-out, because my plane didn't leave until 19:40, and I was coming home just in time to start working a night shift (I work in hotels also), but I wasn't allowed because aparently it was full. And knowing the hotel busines like I know it, I'd be very surprised to see a hotel completely full on a Sunday night, unless there is some special ocasion in town.

On the plus side, the bed was one of the best beds i've slept in while on holidays (nothing beats your own bed). The window faced the street, but was thick enough to leave the traffic noise outside. Plenty of pillows.

The water pressure and the temperature of the water was superb, and being on the top floor that's a BIG PLUS. Towels were soft and nice.

If someone expects The Ritz, they should book and pay for The Ritz. I don't understand the complaints.

All in all, I will definitely go back to The Townhouse. I hope sooner rather than later. I strongly recommend this hotel for your Irish holiday :)

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Its Dublin the people are very friendly and the staff are no different and you have some craic with them even as you walk in the door. The room, facing Lower Gardiner Street, was noisy, small but was clean warm and had all that was expected. The en suite bathroom could do with some work, a quick shower as the drain could not take the water and the tray filled and the taps on the basin sprayed water out over the counter. That said we were there to see and enjoy Dublin this is not a top of the range hotel and that should be born in mind it is a place to put your head down and get washed and a bit to eat before heading out for the day. The bed was comfortable and I had done enough through the day to be able to get a good nights sleep. The breakfast was included in the price and I believe that it had a good election of cereals, fruit cocktail, ham, cheese, breads, toast and the cooked breakfast was of a reasonable standard and choice just tell the staff what you wanted. The staff were very helpful regarding the various tours and general information on the various sights and what to see or do. The buses are just outside the door and the main places Temple Bar, O'Connell Street and Grafton Street are a 10/15 minute walk. There is a small but secure car park at the rear which was great but does cost extra.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear in the newer part.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends