“Good location & Functional”
Review of The Townhouse

The Townhouse
Ranked #98 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 17 July 2010

Located just 100 yards/meters from the airport bus drop off location at the central station, you just can't go wrong for location if you have luggage to drag.

The breakfast is served fast and in good portions; Nothing fancy, just your typical artery-clogging Irish breakfast (cereal/toast also available).

Rooms are clean (carpets clean, although the rose pattern has to be the ugliest I have ever seen!). No bath, only shower (in my room at least). Bed was uncomfortable (soft mattress was hard on my back) and had squeaky springs. Internet in breakfast area, not in room.

Overall, for ease of transport and a roof over your head, very functional.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pomacentrus
There are newer reviews for The Townhouse

Reviewed 16 July 2010

I recently stayed in the Townhouse in Dublin with my friend. The check-in was hassle-free, the staff were friendly and the room was fresh, bright and clean. We were on a budget and were able to stay the entire weekend for an excellent price which included a fantastic breakfast! The staff were very friendly and helpful and we were right in the middle of town, less than a five minute walk to the main shopping streets! Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dmurfy
Reviewed 17 June 2010

My days started out well by the very filling Irish breakfast which is complimentary! Getting out was easy as the main roads were just a stone's throw away. My room was comfortable and cleaned everyday. It was quiet though as I was the only one in an 8-bed room - gave me very good nights of sleep. I was grounded for an extra day in Dublin due to the volcanic ash. It was a big inconvenience but the staff were helpful. They even followed up the next day asking about my new flight arrangements. Thankfully, they have a few computers with Internet which I can rebook my flights. You get great breakfast, nice rooms and very good service at an affordable price! Will definitely come back here if I return to Dublin next time!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank carefree_sloth
Reviewed 8 June 2010

After reading the reviews here, we expected much better. We paid 90 Euros per night, and while it wasn't horrible, for that price I do expect something cleaner, if nothing else. It reminded me too much of my gap-year backpacking and staying in dirty hostels.

First of all, it seems we got a crappy room. If you get a better room, you'll probably be much happier. The room was fine if not spotless, the bathroom (including the toilet seat) was not clean. The shower was never meant to be amazing, and has seen better days. It wasn't fun using it. One of the shampoos was clearly used. The shape of the bathroom and the size of the shower would make it difficult for anyone tall, big, or pregnant to use with ease.

Everything creaked. The beds, the floor, and the toilet sang a tune after flushing it. The decor is meh and tacky, but we didn't really care. We did care that there were (probably permanent) stains on the furniture, the curtain had holes in it, and the whole place inspired me to buy flip flops so I wouldn't have to walk - or shower -barefoot.

They didn't change our sheets at all while we were there, and one day forgot to come in at all, leaving us with no toilet paper, and only one useable towel.

It's not the worst place to stay, probably, but I'd rather not pay for this kind of experience.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Belly123
Reviewed 23 May 2010

My wife and I stayed here in May 2010 because we were going to a concert in the O2 Arena. As we were only in Dublin for one night we wanted somewhere well located and easy to get to and The Townhouse ticked all our boxes.

One of the big plus points for The Townhouse is the complimentary parking garage. It’s a tight squeeze, but it’s much better than leaving your car outside on the street over night. The garage is monitored from reception by CCTV and on arrival you leave your key behind reception in case they need to move your car.

The Townhouse is very easy to find and is centrally located on the north side of Dublin. It was only a minute on foot away from lots of pubs and restaurants.

The reception and dining room staff were very personable and friendly, right from we phoned to make our booking until we checked out. Note that you have to pay in full on arrival and not on check out. Our room was spacious and comfortable, and was generally clean and tidy. The bathroom was fine, but could have benefited from a good scrub. We did have a few minor issues such as the very creaky floors, power sockets that didn’t work, noise from the corridor and the shower having to run for five minutes before the hot water came through.

Breakfast was an Irish fry served in the bright and airy dining room and was very tasty.

All-in-all, and considering he relatively competitive price (Dublin is VERY expensive!), I would recommend The Townhouse for a short stay, particularly if you are going to see a show at the nearby O2 Arena, which was only about 20 minutes walk away.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank luckystrike
Reviewed 19 May 2010

Good breakfast,great location The first night we were quite happy but the second night,a Friday,the bar down the street opened their back door and the music bounced down the way into our room so NO SLEEP until 1330.If it's not a music night or if you WANT stay up to hear the music ,or you are not in the rooms along the back wall 9227,229,etc) you will be OK

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Henry B
Reviewed 8 April 2010

I stayed at the townhouse dublin for a week over st patricks day.
It a nice hotell with a hostel attached as well. I booked through the hostel website but because i seleceted a single room was put in the hotel side. the room was nice, nothing to facny but the bathroom was larger,
A full breakfast was included.... eggs, baccon, beans, toast, sausage, tomatoes. hash browns. great start to the day, espeically great for someone traveling on a bugdet. do be mindful to get there early, 15 mins before breafast is over be prepared to que.
The locaton is great only a few min walk from o'connel street.
Getting to the hotel from the airport is easy simpley get on the airport bus wich will take you to o'connel street you can walk from there.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo