“Not perfect - but close” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Molesworth Court Suites

Molesworth Court Suites
Ranked #101 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Indianapolis
“Not perfect - but close”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

I am always a bit leery about reviews and property web sites in general, so I asked my Dublin based brother to go have a look and advise whether we should bring our gang of 7 adults and 4 kids to Molesworth Ct. He gave the thumbs up so off we went.

While I agree with some of the negative comments regarding items that should be in the room when one arives, I have to say that one should not expect US styling and 'standards' when traveling anywhere abroad. There were several items, incuding phones (which had been removed at the request of the previous occupant) that were missing. But these were forthcoming within minutes of our request. Also, the cereals, bars, tea coffee, milk and juice are not normally provided at other such establishments.

It was a bit noisy with the windows open but very acceptable when the windows were closed. I slept utntil 10 am on two occasions (I am usually up by 6am) and some of the younger adults went until close to noon a couple of times.

The location is unbeatable, with St Sephen's Green, four museums (all free admission), Grafton St shopping and too many pubs and restaurants to list, all within a 5 minute walk.

Riona and Deirdre could not have been more helpful and the only problem with the three flights of stairs was hauling luggage up and down. It was no problem, even for the kids, during our stay.

I would suggest a few more chairs on the penthouse terrace because we had to borrow a few from an adjoining, unoccupied apartment. That said, I would highly recommend Molesworth Court for families or couples.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

We stayed at Molesworth Court earlier this month for 3 nights. The location is this place's best feature as it is easy to walk to the best areas in Dublin from the apartment complex. It also felt very safe and we had no worries about crime in the area. There were no elevators; we walked up three flights of stairs but that wasn't a problem. The apartment was very clean and that is something I always appreciate. The staff was very nice and helpful, such as when I requested a fan for night use as white noise; they got us one right away. They were also very helpful with instructions for the appliances and gave us assistance with maps in order to find our way around when we first arrived. They provided some milk and juice and small boxes of cereal for our first morning breakfast. The kitchen had everything we needed - a microwave, coffee maker, and cooktop plus a small refrigerator and a very small dishwasher and washer/dryer. Be aware that the washer/dryer units in Europe wash well but they take hours to dry anything so plan ahead. The bedding was clean and comfortable, and the towels were plentiful and clean, but no face cloths were provided. I would have appreciated having some paper products in the apartment, such as paper towels, napkins, and Kleenex; some clocks would be nice, too. The one big negative that we experienced was the outside noise. The front of the building faces an alley where a lot of deliveries are made to nearby restaurants and pubs. One night I kept hearing beer bottles being loaded into a trash bin, and the next morning there was a big trash truck that appeared around 6:30 a.m. to empty the bin, and the noise of the empty bottles was extremely loud and woke me, despite having the fan on. I told one of the managers that I found the noise excessive, and she told me that the businesses aren't supposed to be making deliveries or picking up trash after certain hours, so obviously this has been a problem for management on other occasions. Overall that's my only complaint, but I wish I had known about the noise problem beforehand as I probably would have chosen to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank travelbugbigtime
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

it was a fabulous apartment . penthouse rd floor. staff were wonderful esp margaret. the location is with out a doubt fantatic. central but of the mail drag. lots of weloming cereal coffee,mild and juice when we arrved. also wifi. i would return in a heart beat

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
County Londonderry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2011

Molesworth Court Suites are the ideal place to stay when visiting Dublin. 5 mins walk from the wonderful Grafton St and St Stephen's Green. Riona and staff made us so welcome, from the moment you drive through the gates to the secure parking area to check-out. Milk, fruit juice, tea and coffee are provided and the apartment (No.6) was ideal for our stay and size of family party. Everything you need is in the apartment which is warm and secure. These apts are value for money with peace of mind for secure parking and facilities. Our family have stayed at Molesworth many times and will continue to do so, recommending it to anyone needing a warm, secure, well furnished and comfortable accommodation. So if you're visiting Dublin, make the call .. tell Riona that 'Wee Rosie' sent you :-)

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2010

Brilliant location, within walking distance of town and Aviva stadium. The staff were so helpful, friendly. There is parking for cars underneath. And we were allowed to leave it there after we checked out so that we could wander around the city for the morn. We were upgraded to the penthouse suite. It was spacious, rooms downstairs, kitchen sitting dining room all in one upstairs. And an outside balcony. it was a little dated but very clean, stocked with tea, coffee, juice, cereal milk. We were very happy with our stay and would def recommend it to everyone. Well done to all at Molesworth court suites.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2010

This is one of my favorite hotels. I have stayed there 8 times. The hotel is so perfectly located. It is off the beaten path but only two streets from Grafton St and all the great shops. Great for families, groups, or just a quick couples getaway. This is a hidden gem. I wish all places I visited had a Molesworth Court.

Thanks to all at the Molesworth. They make me feel like I am at home or visiting my family.

Thank you all!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2010

I enjoyed my stay at the Molesworth Court Suites. Very helpful staff which I had read about in previous reviews but the reality was so much better. Couldnt have been more helpful. Was taken to my suite and showed how things like washing machine, heating etc., worked. Kitchen was well stocked with equipment. Suite had all that I needed, location was excellent. Cant think of anything negative to say at all. Would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo