“Excellent amenity”

Ranked #101 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Aberdeenshire
“Excellent amenity”
Reviewed 18 August 2005

Well located near Dublin's centre, a friendly welcome awaits. The facilities are first class and are available at a reasonable price.

10 Thank Garioch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 August 2005

My family stayed in the top floor 3 BR penthouse suite in Dublin and we found it to be too good to be true. Great location, clean, quiet (off a side street with little street traffic), modern and with a very helpful staff. This is not a full service hotel or a B&B, so breakfast and maid service not a part of the package. Also there are no lifts so be ready to schlep your luggage up a winding flight of stairs. But for the size and quality of rooms and location (squarely between St. Stephens Green and Trinity College) its really hard to beat this place if you are in Dublin for an extended period.

We enjoyed to rooftop terrace for morning tea!

We were all very satisified with the Molesworth Court and recommend it.

17 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 August 2005

We stayed at the Molesworth Court at the end of July. Rianna was most helpful and pleasant. The location is perfect for getting around. Accommodations were clean . We were on the 4th floor and had a lot of luggage. No elevator. No problem - We needed the exercise. Negatives - Washer/Dryer combo is not very useful. We had a problem getting hot water for showers. Finally they did not service the apartment except every 3rd day. I was not expecting this so was disappointed. This included not making beds or changing linens and towels.

They give you some groceries like bread and milk and cereal but there is not breadfast included. Plenty of coffee shops and convenience stores nearby though.

Altogether it was a nice, friendly, nicely priced(for Dublin) place to stay for a family, but it sure isnt Homewood Suites.

Neil

11 Thank hortonrn
Mobile
Reviewed 4 August 2005

Date :August 4,2005
Reviewer: A Trip Advisor Member, Mobile, Alabama

Stayed recently at the Molesworth Court Suites and was quite pleased. It is a serviced apartment in an alley street halfway between St. Stephens Green and Trinity College.
It was located perfectly for our travels and was very quiet. Rionna, the manager, gave us the lowdown on local restaurants and provided us with food for the next morning. The suites have refrigerator, microwave and full kitchen faciulities. Each room has it's own balcony.
We paid 145 Euros, which seemed quite reasonable compared to hotel rates. We would certainly stay there again.
Also highly recommended is the Wildcoach Tours. Ask for Kevin as your tourguide. He was superb.
Dublin is a walking city. You can go from St. Stephens Green to Temple Bar in fifteen minutes. Taxis are expensive. But probably worth it from the airport to save time.

9 Thank Silverdog
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 July 2005

My fiancee and I and my brother stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. The hotel is very small, and the rooms are like modern apartments. The rooms are big and very clean, with equipped kitchens and a washer/dryer. The woman in reception is wonderful, extremely helpful and nice. If you're looking for a full-service hotel, this is not it. There's no room-service, not always someone downstairs. However, if you're looking for a nicely appointed, clean room in a great location for a great price, this is your place! You can liken this place to a "home away from home" feel. We were not disappointed. Plus, the hotel is located near all the attractions, but it's on a quiet street. The shopping nearby is awesome. Temple Bar is also very close. I would definately stay here again if in Dublin.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed 7 July 2005

I stayed at Molesworth Court Suites with my husband and 2 young children in June 2005. Overall we were very pleased with the apartment - perfect location, 5 minutes from Grafton Street, yet on a quiet little lane with no traffic noise. We had a 2-bedroom apartment with a nice big bathroom. The staff was very warm and friendly and I have say the place was absolutely spotless. You could have eaten off that floor!

I only have 2 complaints:

First, one of the reasons we booked an apartment was because I knew I would need to do laundry (my family and I had already been travelling for a week prior to landing in Dublin). Unfortunately, what I thought would be a proper washer and dryer turned out to be a tiny little combination washer/dryer machine which in our case didn't actually work properly. I could get it to start but it would never finish the cycle. I called for help twice and each time someone came up to get the machine going, but Diedre at the front desk told us we had to wait *3 hours* for the cycle to finish, so by the time we got back from a day of sightseeing, we would discover that the machine had failed to drain the water and I was forced to wring out clothes by hand and hang them up to dry. I gave up after 2 attempts.

Second: there was no oven in the kitchen, just a cooktop and a microwave. We were disappointed since I was planning on using an oven for making dinners. But we made do, and some nights we ended up just buying some yummy prepared foods from Marks and Spencer (right around the corner on Grafton St), which were a big hit with the family.

Other than these 2 things, our stay there was great. I really liked having the extra bedroom for the kids and the apartment was spacious and bright. Overall high marks!

• Stayed June 2005
15 Thank Getaway_Canuck
seattle, wa
Reviewed 22 June 2005

I stayed at the Molesworth for a week most recently. I too learned of it from this site. Again, it is all that is said here and more! Riona, the manager, immediately made me feel at home and spent quite a bit of time oriented me to the lovely city and made sure that I had all the restaurant information that I could need and more. She even gave my husband and me a book on the best restaurants in Ireland which we were able to use our entire trip. The suites are spacious, tastefully decorated, clean, well stocked and incredibly well situated. Having come from a stint in London, it was really refreshing to not be in a traditional hotel. As I was working in Dublin, Riona made sure that our suite had high speed access to the internet. It was lovely to have the kitchen convenience to make a quick breakfast and do a little work prior to embarking on our day. Everything that one might be interested in is within walking distance; Trinity College, Grafton Street, Temple Bar, Stephens Green, etc. There are many many restaurants to explore around this area and Riona is plugged into them all.
I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2005, travelled on business