Isaacs Hostel
  • Breakfast included
Maple Hotel(Dublin)
  • Bar/Lounge
2,324 results
All reviewsfree saunathe free walking tourfree breakfastpub crawlcommon areascommon roomtrain linebed dormlight sleeperenjoyed my staycity centretemple barwifibackpackersearplugspubsireland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Everybody was nice and friendly. I really appreciated that at every hour all was very clean (very important when there is a lot of people living together) and somebody was there if there was something to ask. I think that the "common" rooms in the basement are a really nice idea to help connecting people. There was no much place to put/hang stuff in the bathroom and in the room (in my case 8 beds room), but It's possible to survive even without ;) and there's no lift (for me not a big problem, but some of my friends had really heavy luggage ;) ).

Room Tip: If you ask for a single/double bed room there is a bathroom connected (other guest can use it too, but it's more comfy)
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Traveled up from the midlands to see a show. first time to stay in a hostel. said we,d try it out as funds are low and didnt fancy handing out a ridiculous amount of euros for a hotel room in the city. booked a twin room in Isaacs for a Saturday nite, easy place to find, central location, arrived around 4pm and were greeted by a very nice Australian girl on reception. Our room was on the first floor, very clean, comfortable beds, shower and toilet facilities were perfect. key cards are provided to enter each corridor, landing and room, felt very secure. Overall a very positive experience, great value for money, will be back again!!

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Very friendly staff...the place is very clean and I notice that are people around cleaning all the time...they organise trips and lots of events...I will stay again here and I'm recommender this Hostel...
Well done to all the staff...

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I am a huge music fan and live a fair distance away from Dublin. Any time a band I want to see plays in the city, I have to stay over. I have stayed in the Isaac's Hostel three times now and each time has been perfect. Isaac's is a 30 second walk from Busaras which is brilliant as it means you don't have to carry a large suitcase all around the city to get to your accommodation.

The hostel is very clean, beds and linen soft and comfortable and the shower / toilet facilities are brilliant. I ususally stay in an all-girls dorm as I am a solo traveller and everything has been perfect for me. A friend stayed in a mixed dorm at the start of June when he accompanied me to a concert and his room was a little stuffy but absolutely fine and in comparison to the Paddywagon hostel across the street, Isaac's is still much better.

Prices are very reasonable, especially in context with Dublin hotel prices. If you are down in the city and do not expect to spend much time in your room, I would definitely suggest staying at Isaac's. Why waste the money on a dingy hotel when this hostel offers clean, quiet and safe accommodation?

A free breakfast is offered in the morning, consisting of cereal, toast, tea, coffee and fruit juices. There is a luggage storage room in the basement should you want to leave bags in the hostel after check-out and I think they also have a free bus that runs to Dublin Airport although I'm not 100% sure on this. There's definitely at least a discount provided. There is internet access, I think it's something like €1 for 20mins. Also, the reception is 24hour, so no curfew or fumbling with keys at 3am after one too many drinks!

I would definitely recommend Isaac's to anyone trying to explore Dublin on a budget and also feel it is a great hostel because as a mostly solo female visitor to the hostel, it is a very safe place to stay. Each room requires a keycard opening, for example. Top marks!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 July 2011

Fantastic, best out of the three hostels we stayed in, in Dublin. Great social scene, cheap beer!! Loved it, 9/10!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends