Isaacs Hostel
  • Bar/Lounge
Very Good 4/5
Very Good 4/5
2,321 results
All reviewsfree saunathe free walking tourfree breakfastpub crawlcommon areascommon roomtrain linebed dormlight sleeperenjoyed my staycity centretemple barwifibackpackersearplugspubsireland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 October 2011

This hostel was rotten ... So hot and crowded ... There was also a very bad smell throughout the hostel .. The staff were friendly and helpful they were about the only good thing about the hostel besides the location as it was quite central

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank deer88
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I decided to sleep here becauce it was quite cheap. The atmosphere of the place is good. The hostel is located in the city center, close to the bus and railway stations. There was a light brekfast including coffee or tea and a muffin.

There may be some problems with reservation. You can reserve a room using only web-site and you have to pay 10% af the total price by your credit card. If you have no card, you have no reservation. On the other hand, it is comfortable that they accept all major credit cards.

I met wonderful people in the hostel (two from France and one from Croatia) and we went to do some pub's sightseeing. Reception is 24h but you need to take your check-in card with you when you plan to come back late to be let in. The staff was ok. There was also paid Internet available in the lobby.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank othergaa
Reviewed 28 October 2011

The staff was amazing. They booked our tours for us. Gave endless directions. The room was clean and comfortable. We had a window we could open for ventilation. We were right under the train, but it was very quiet. The bathrooms were clean. The breakfast was good. The patio bar was convenient and both bartenders we encountered were great sources of information about the area, culture, etc. We would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank MamaDover
Reviewed 8 October 2011

I travelled to Dublin and stayed at Isaac's. Near main streets, train and bus station.

I had a private room, and I hightly recommend this place. Pillows nice and fluffy, sheet crispy, and bed nicely made up. Front desk very helpful. Internet worked great and so did Skype.

I expected the room to be clean, and they delivered just that. The main bathroom and showers were so nice and clean. All had been redone, and the rooms. What a beautiful historic building. Cleaning staff always scrubbing the showers and bathrooms. I would go back there whenever I go back to Dublin. Talbot Street was just around the corner. I also took the train to travel. It was a nice experience.

Checking in was good, and I found everthing to be clean, also in the main common areas. All the guest were friendly. I travelled with my cousin, and she was also impressed. Some hotels are not as clean as this place. Even at the front desk, they asked if there was anything else I needed. Totally impressed!!!

The patio in back had a bbq going and met some real nice people there. Reasonable price for the average guest. The location was great. Enjoyed the sightseeing Dublin had to offer.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Beachgirl2301
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Great location, atmosphere and set up. Staff are helping and funny. Pint n burger deal rocks :)
Would stay again for sure

• Stayed: September 2011