Isaacs Hostel
  • Breakfast included
Maple Hotel(Dublin)
  • Bar/Lounge
2,321 results
All reviewsfree saunathe free walking tourfree breakfastpub crawlcommon areascommon roomtrain linebed dormlight sleeperenjoyed my staycity centretemple barwifibackpackersearplugspubsireland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed here for five nights with my friend. We ended up doing a 6 bedroom mix room since it was the most reasonably priced. I wish we had known there was no elevator because we had pretty heavy bags and would've asked for a room on the first or second floor. Instead we got the third. We were a little nervous to stay here since we read a review that said the room only had one window that opened. We thought that must've been a freak thing and couldn't be standard. Well we were wrong. There was only one window in our room as well and it got hot since it was on the third floor right across from the bathrooms. They say they have fans for rent but when we asked there were non available.

A plus was that the staff at the front was very helpful. They helped us get on a bus tour for us to go see the Cliffs of Moher and arranged for a cab to pick us up the morning we left to go to the airport. It seemed as though a lot of people in the hostel hung out in the common area by the front desk because it was always filled with people. This may also be due to the fact that your wifi only works there or the downstairs reading/game area. Which was highly annoying since I could only contact my family and friends through wifi.

I would recommend staying here because it is a good price for what you get however, try and listen to my room choice tips.

Room Tip: If you have a ton of luggage ask for the first or second floor since there is no elevator. Also, might be cooler down on the lower floors since there is no air-conditioning. Ask to not be near the bathrooms (you can hear everything).
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
NiamhBro, Public Relations Manager at Isaacs Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2014

Thanks for your very positive response. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I spent 2 nights at Isaacs Hostel. The staff is friendly and welcoming. The hostel is clean and well located: tram station just atound the corner and the center( temple bar, grafton street) is reached within a 10 minutes walk and there is another pedestrian area with shops even closer!
I didnt use the free sauna but i think its a nice offer! Also breakfast is included which is great! Specially for the prize they offer a lot of extras! Where they could improve is maybe the kitchen equipment, knives not sharp and the pans take forever to take the heat.... Well it is not to bad and u still get ur dinner cooked all in all a nice place to stay where i definetly will stay again (soon).

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Thanks for your good review. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Myself and a group of friends stayed here for one night. The staff and the other guests were very pleasant, we met some great people. The rooms are pretty basic and they were all we needed, one downside was there was no mirror in the room and as a female group this wasn't good. The whole place was very very hot and we were sweating by doing nothing! (Lovely!!) The toilet/shower area was like a sauna, at one stage I thought I was going to pass out due to the heat. Overall though we had a good experience. I would recommend this hostel and would contemplate staying again. (Please excuse any spelling mistakes my iPad seems to have a mind of its own!!)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thanks for posting your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay- I take on board you comments about a mirror and I will address this at our next management meeting.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in a twin room. The room was nice, beds very comfortable. Really warm I in the room and bathrooms tho! the breakfast was nice and we loved the atmosphere in the common areas. Everyone was really friendly! Also the location is really good so we don't regret it at all. We loved our stay in Dublin. Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

We love great reviews like yours - thank you.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed in this hostile for four nights and absolutely loved it! Great common rooms (the reading room is particularly awesome), comfortable beds and very friendly staff. I would definitely stay here again if I find myself back in Dublin!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo