“Aussies very pleased”

Ranked #16 of 115 Speciality Lodging in Dublin
Melbourne, Australia
“Aussies very pleased”
Reviewed 26 April 2012 via mobile

This is a great budget hostel! Nice rooms, free breakfast. Free wifi! Free dinner specials from Monday - Thursday, lovely staff, great location. Didn't have anything bad to say! Will definitely be staying here again apon my return to dublin in less than two weeks!

• Stayed April 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Nancy, France
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Kinlay House was very comfortable, people very nice and the hostel is quiete cheap !
Free breakfast, hot shower, lovely staff, anyway an excellent adress !

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I stayed here in May 2009 with a group of fellow students from my university. This hostel was a very sketchy place. The room I was in and the adjoining bathroom were very basic and bare-bones. Not that I was expecting a 5-star hotel, because I wasn't, but this place left a lot to be desired.

The overhead fluorescent lighting was flickering, which made it seem creepy, and the bathroom I shared with 3 other girls was a complete joke. The floor sloped down where the shower was, there was nothing to separate it from the rest of the bathroom floor. On top of that, the shower only stayed on for 30-60 seconds at a time, then you had to push a button on the wall for it to come back on. I understand the need to conserve water, but it made taking a shower very difficult!

Due to its location in Dublin, it was a close walk to the Temple Bar area, however, it seemed that every 5 minutes a police siren would go by, making it very hard to get any sleep!

Avoid this place at all costs!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank HonouraryBrit

Travellers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I have stayed in Kinlay house Dublin for the second time at the end of Feb.
The staff is always very friendly and informas you about everything you need to know. We have stayed in a 4 bed standard room which was quite small. The bathroom at the top floors are not seperated in genders which I didn't quite like. The hostel is only a few minutes on foot from temple bar and provides a nice dynamic atmosphere.

Room Tip: Try to book a room inclusive bathroom.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Stayed here my first day/night of my trip. It was pretty average. I was with a friend so we did our own thing and didn't spend much time here. Could have been cleaner. They let me check in super early though, which was nice so I could rest after a long flight.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Stayed in a twin room in this hostel on march 10th 2012. It was for one night and resorted to it as everywhere else was booked out due to the Ireland Scotland game in the Aviva. When my friend and I arrived we felt like we were intruding in some cool college house and were made to feel like we were inconveniencing the staff by our cheek to try and check in! We were given our room keys and then had to ask what number our room was and where it was! How dare we ask such a silly question! The room itself was dingy and musty and the noise from the street was unreal. The sheets were smelly and the beds tiny, the plug sockets wouldn't work, I left my phone on charge all night and was left with a dead phone all the next day. The bathrooms were ok, I'll be honest though, I took a look at the shower and decided to remain smelly for the day! Upon checkout we were barely acknowledged and just left our key cards on the desk and left. All in all I found the experience very unpleasant with rude staff, poorly cleaned rooms, manky showers and a general feeling of not being welcome. And at 80 euro for the night!!!! My recommendation is to book into a nice hotel for the night, for 15 euro more you can stay in bewleys in comfort!

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank Lol1981
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Excellent location, very few minutes walk to a party street at Tampa Bar.
Large Rooms are nicely split by 4 beds. Staff performance is great!
However, we had to wake up earlier for breakfast, since there was a limited amount of bread, butter, jam & coffee. Other than that - great place!

Room Tip: Couldn't connect to wi-fi from a mobile. But free computers are available downstairs.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends