“Northern Ireland Day Tour”
Review of Wild Rover Tours

and up
Northern Ireland Highlights Day Trip Including Giant's Causeway from Dublin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Wild Rover Ireland Day Tours to Cliffs of Moher,Wicklow Mountains,Galway City, Giants Causeway,Belfast Political Tours,Titanic Museum,Glendalough, Carrick a Rede Rope Bridge, Belfast, Galway,Aran Islands, Burren in fact the WHOLE of Ireland.Award winning. We offer the ONLY DAY TOURS from Dublin to most of these destinations that employs both a dedicated tour guide and separate driver. We will NOT take you places to earn soft commission,we will MAXIMIZE your time at the destinations that you want to visit.Our guides offer free walking tours at destinations. We believe in our customers SAFETY as most important and that is why our drivers are responsible for driving the vehicle and the guides entertain and engage with you.Luxury vehicles comfort guaranteed,air conditioned with wifi.In Dublin visit our Tourist Offices in Temple Bar and O'Connell Bridge -Bachelors Walk for special discounts on all attractions in Dublin for Wild Rover Tours customers exclusively.
Dublin, Ireland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Northern Ireland Day Tour”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I've recently done 3 different Irish day tours with 3 different tour operators and unfortunately I gotta say that this Wild Rover tour was not NEARLY as fun and enthusiastic as the other 2 tours.

I can obviously only judge the company's performance based on this one day and judging from the other raving reviews on here, which made me book with them in the first place, they apparently normally do better. Maybe our group of participants was just particularly tired and quiet (the tour does start rather early). I myself dozed off on the bus several times throughout the day since the ride is rather long and our guide, Keeran, didn't talk nearly as much as other tour guides from other companies do. So if you prefer not being talked to all day, this might be the tour for you. Personally I enjoy tours with guides who talk and sing and joke a lot better and I felt like on this tour the guides didn't interact with the participants very much and the time on the bus wasn't very entertaining. Every participant just did their own thing and there was no real group feeling. Nontheless, Keeran and the driver, Bill, were still very friendly and Keeran also gave information on Ireland and Northern Ireland in particular.

When it comes to the actual sights, I enjoyed them. It's great that in Belfast, every participant can choose between doing the Titanic experience or the Black Cab Ride. We did the latter and it was very interesting. Next stop was the Giant's Causeway which is just a must see when you're travelling around Ireland. Last stop was the Carrick-A-Rede bridge which is beautiful - be prepared to walk fast from the parking lot to the bridge (1 mile) though so you make it back to the bus in time.

All in all I found that this trip was very interesting and I'm glad I got to see some of the most important parts of Nothern Ireland. The tour was well organized and you get to see a lot within just one day. I just wish the tour in itself (ie the time on the bus) had been a little more entertaining.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Anja S

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“tour to Kilkenny and Glendalough”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was a wonderful, perfect tour. These sights are wonderful and not too far outside Dublin, so you get lots of time to walk around and explore for yourself. Our tourguide was Shivon, and our bus driver was Bill, and they were AMAZING!!!!! They were so friendly, funny, really knew their stuff, and give us an informative and personal tour. Take this tour for a wonderful time, highly recommended!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Glendalough Kilkenny Wicklow Mountains Dunmore Caves Day Tour = AWESOME!!!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My wife and I took this tour and it was amazing! Our tour guide was Jen. She did an outstanding job. She was always keeping us informed with information or history about a particular area we were going to or through. She kept us entertained as well and made sure we were all comfortable. I would definately recommend this trip to anyone!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Titanic Experience, Dunlace Castle, Giants Causeway, and Carrick-a-Rede Bridge”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is a very long day, but a great value. I felt very safe with the bus driver. The only problem I had was I didn't realize there was going to be so many people on this tour! My only complaint is that people behind me kept complaining loudly. I would rather pay more to be on a tour with a smaller group, so I don't have to deal with difficult people. You also are not allowed to eat on the bus nor is there wifi. You easily end up spending 5-6 hours of the day on the bus, so bring a book to keep yourself occupied. The place we stopped for lunch had the worst food I had in Ireland, so pack snacks and eat them at the stops. Also bring pounds the majority of the places we stop DO NOT ACCEPT EUROS.

1 Thank Robin K
Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Tour!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I went on this tour last weekend while in Ireland, and it was a perfect use of a day in Ireland!

The tour guide, Shofra(spelling?), was a very entertaining knowledgeable speaker who gave us information about the history and culture of Ireland throughout the bus ride to the cliffs, as well as played us some music from Irish performers over the bus's sound system. The bus driver, Paddy, was also a experienced driver, as proven by his skills in maneuvering a large coach bus through the tiny Irish roads.

Once at the cliffs, we had about 2 hours to wander along the edge, take some pictures, and check out the gift shops. After that, we drove along the coast to the Bern for a brief stop to explore the rocks. The last stop was Galway, for some food, shops, and street performers. We made it back around 8PM, at which point everyone was pretty worn out.

If you want a day trip to get out of Dublin and see some of the country side, I highly recommend taking this tour!

1 Thank milesmack07