O'Callaghan Davenport Hotel
US$383
US$319
Conrad
  • Room Service
Academy Plaza Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$516
US$490
Westbury Hotel
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$361
US$344
Orbitz.com
1,754 results
All reviewsmerrion squaretrinity collegeginger mannational gallerywithin walking distancetemple barhop on hopjunior suiteexcellent locationlovely hotelgrafton stroom was largecentral locationbreakfast was includedwould highly recommend this hotelvisiting dublindevonport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 March 2013

This hotel is well located: a ten-minute walk to the city centre. I've stayed here twice now and on both occasions it was booked for me on business. It's comfortable and clean. Breakfast is pretty standard. Staff are very helpful and friendly. But I have to say that it's not my style of place. Nothing against it: just personally not a big fan of old-fashioned decor. So, given a choice, I think next time I'll try somewhere else.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Megahose
davenportgm, General Manager at O'Callaghan Davenport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Dear Megahose,

Many thanks for your review. Your comments have been noted and we hope to see you at Dublin O'Callaghan Hotels in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Declan Fitzgerald
O'Callaghan Davenport Hotel

Reviewed 27 February 2013

The hotel has a classy charming style and the location was great for me. Close to the business area and only a 10 minute walk to the centre of Dublin.
Nice spacious room and helpfull staff. I checked in at 10:30 am and when I returned to the hotel, around 7:30 pm (after business meetings) my room was cleaned for a second time! unfortunatly some of my belongings (some casual clothing) were also disappeared.
The operations manager solved this issue and when I returned from a walk into the centre, everything was back. A good glass of red wine was served with the compliments of the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jdileuv
davenportgm, Manager at O'Callaghan Davenport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Dear jdileuv

Thank you for reviewing the O’Callaghan Davenport Hotel following your recent stay. I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and would like to apologise for the mix up which took place in your room. I was happy to read the matter was dealt with swiftly and satisfactorily. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future .

Sincerely

Reviewed 26 February 2013

This hotel was booked by my hosts on a visit to Dublin. I have to say it was a pleasant experience. The receprion staff was pleasant and helpful, the room was spaceous and well decorated. The breakfast was pleantiful and varied. The room rate (€92) included WiFi and breakfast. This is not a budget hotel, but for the money in a European Capital, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Dear stmalcolm

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review following your stay at the O’Callaghan Davenport Hotel. I was delighted to read you had a pleasant stay and discovered the value for money that can still be found in Dublin. We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Best regards

Reviewed 22 February 2013

Love--
The Davenport is willing to accommodate--I traveled with my 2 cousins-I'll tell you right now--not very many Hotels have rooms for 3 singles that they are wanting to bother accommodating--meaning 3 SINGLE beds in ONE room! DAVENPORT has the triple room set up--but PLEASE------set this ahead of time "conversation" up with a reservationist. Ask for Lucia (day) or Alec (night) though there are several desk personell that are awesome!

With one exception--Our last night 2/19/13 in the bar--yes it was very late(ha)--11:30pm--Alex (bartender) AWESOME!!! His Manager that evening was terribly rude to us and our guests. I'll gladly have a dialogue if Davenport personnel will call--which I'm sure they will--since that was the only problem of 5 Hotel nights we encountered!

E.Phillips

Room Tip: Barter for your time of year and if you are staying more than 3-4 days--they should gove you a break--also--they WILL charge you for WiFi if you book by phone or person. Book Online and make sure to verify the WiFi charge or "lack" there of. We booked 4 days online and left to Galway--decided to book back last night to Dublin "in person" before leaving to Galway--they were going to charge for WiFi my 5th night!!! Though they did reverse the charge out of professional courtesy--ALWAYS check this stuff!!!!! Other than that--they're awesome--not free brekkie--though they do have a great FULL Irish Breakfast (for fee) Over all for a cheapie like me--I felt it was a great value--considering i was needing a triple (3 adults)
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Dear SoLagEP

Thank you for all the positive feedback surrounding your stay at the O’Callaghan Davenport. I was disappointed to read of you negative experience with one of my night managers. I do not have the relevant details to contact you and I would like to gather more detail’s to aid the investigation and appreciate your discretion in the matter. If you could contact me at the below email address I would greatly appreciate that.

Kind Regards

davenportgm@ocallaghanhotels.com

Reviewed 18 February 2013

My partner and I stayed at the O'Callaghan Davenport Hotel over Valentines weekend. I have never stayed in such a lovely, friendly hotel as this one.
I would highly recommend to stay here, not only for the friendly atmosphere but it is also in the perfect location, with everything on your doorstep.
As soon as we turned up we were greeted with such helpful staff, in particular a lovely lady called Trudy who was on Reception. Her helpfulness on our trip was fantastic.

When we return to Dublin I will definitely be staying here again.

Thank you to all the staff that made our first little break away together perfect.

Just a tip, for a good restaurant in Dublin go to the Rustic Stone - amazing!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
davenportgm, Manager at O'Callaghan Davenport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Dear Sadiet1

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review following your recent stay at the O’Callaghan Davenport Hotel. It is lovely to read your comments on the friendliness of the team and I will be sure to compliment Trudy on her excellent work and a job well done. We do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kind regards