“They do what they do very well”

Arlington Hotel O'Connell Bridge
Ranked #50 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This hotel is situated in a fantastic part of Dublin and totally perfect for tourists. I stayed with my family and was very impressed with the value for money offered in the family room. It was nothing special but fantastic value for money. This hotel's speciality is its centrality and the cabaret experience offered every night in the restaurant. We enjoyed it immensely and would certainly take any guests here in future.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank John M
Write a ReviewReviews (3,041)

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stayed at the Arlington hotel 21st - 23rd March for a stag weekend and have got to say it was brilliant. The location is great... right on the Liffey, the staff are friendly, rooms are clean and comfortable... what more could you need...a great bar.... they have that too!!. Most hotel bars are pretty sterile soleless places but this one is busy, lots going on. Met some great people in there. Would deffinatly stay there again. The breakfast is really good... much needed after nights out in Dublin... although not everyone made it down for that.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank icebloke
Reviewed 28 March 2014

First of all, this hotel is in a great location of all the main areas a tourist would want to see in Dublin.
Full breakfast was 10 euros per person and is a perfect start to the day.
The room was a bit tired, cleanish (a bottle top in the corner of the room probably indicates it had not been hoovered). Also a lot of dust in the bathroom on pipes etc. Please be aware that the room I had is decorated nothing like the rooms that were displayed on the hotel search site I used, there are obviously some refurbished rooms that are quite nice, but mine wasn't one of them.
My main grumble is our room (Room 121) had a view that comprised of a flat roof top, with what I think was a disgarded broken metal and canvas chair and a large collection of fag ends!! (see picture). To be quite honest it was a disgrace and made me feel like I was in a doss house every time I saw it.
So do I recommend the hotel? It's both a yes and no. Great location, but don't expect total cleanliness unless they up their game and have a tidy up some time soon.

Room Tip: Don't have room 121 (see view comments)
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Just returned from Dublin and spent two nights at this hotel. No moans from me! Brilliant location- the hotel is right in the heart of Dublin. It was our first visit to this beautiful city and the tour bus stops right outside the hotel so we were out most of the time exploring the sights.
We were given a huge room on the third floor overlooking the Lifffey.I had read the reviews regarding the hot water-we had no problem. Hotel was clean, staff were friendly and polite from check in to checkout. Meals were available which looked fabulous. We chose to eat out and return to the hotel for a drink later. The entertainment in the evening was great-traditional Irish singing and dancing which gave you a real feel of Ireland. The bar staff were smiling and very welcoming too. I have no complaints about this hotel and would recommend it to anyone visiting Dublin. Great value for money in the heart of the city and will definitely recommend and return.

1  Thank 100Jeanjeannie
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We stayed at the ARlington hotel for one night on Sunday 23rd March. WE like a hotel that has atmosphere, is good value and is clean with good service and for €60 we got that. We met a lovely receptionist on arrival and then went to the bar for light lunch and a drink. Really good food and the bar was busy which added to the atmosphere.
This hotel is perfect for shopping and tourist attractions. To the right Grafton st, to the left Henry street. Across the road is Temple Bar.
We will definitely bring the kids up with us now in the summer for a long weekend and will be glad to Arlington.

1  Thank lmcdonal
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stayed here for a night out in dublin Recently and couldn't have asked for more. Friendky check in, all the info we needed and big breakfast the Following morning! The room had plenty of light and space for getting ready. I didnt pay but I believe it was really good value. Would absolutely return.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ciararose
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This may seem strange as I haven't stayed yet however I booked through the hotel direct and paid 294 euros for 3 nights B+B with 2 x Celtic Evenings too. I booked this in February and the price had changed on Sunday to 247, so I emailed and within 24 hours I have been recredited the difference, which is incredible for a chain to do so. I am really looking forward to staying here!