“Still The Best In Dublin!”

Arlington Hotel O'Connell Bridge
Ranked #50 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed at the Arlington Hotel over 12 years ago and it was the best in Dublin back then. It hasn't changed and is still the best in town and is in close walking distance to everything in town - shopping, attractions and Temple Bar. From check-in to check- out all staff - reception, porters, housekeeping, bar and restaurant were so helpful in doing there best to ensure an enjoyable and memorable stay was experienced. We booked direct with the Arlington and took the option on the dinner and show package which is highly recommended as it is good value and gives a great taste of Ireland to visitors. Room was clean, tidy, well appointed and well maintained. The breakfast option is good value and Carmel will ensure that you start your day on a happy note.
Still the best in Dublin and sets the bar at a high level for others to attempt to reach. Great value for money.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike R
Write a ReviewReviews (3,045)

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I was really looking forward to my night away in Dublin with a centrally located hotel as I am not very mobile. That is the end of the good news of this trip im afraid to say.
Checkin was ok and we were sent off up the stairs to our second floor room. When I eventually managed to get up the stairs we wnt to our room which was like a sweat house. The radiator was jammed on fully and wouldn't adjust also the window wouldn't open. I did manage to get this open in the morning but this didn't help all night with the sweat running off you. The door handle then came off the door leading to the bathroom. I reported this when we went down later for something to eat and was told someone would be up to fix it. Maintenance said they couldn't fix it and it would have to wait til the next day. You couldn't go to the bathroom with the door closed. This is not very nice. The place was clean though so I am thankful for that. Everything was quite shabby with respect to the décor but we were not expecting the Ritz so didn't mind that part. The next day when we were checking out I mentioned the window and the radiator to the girl at reception. She was quite cheeky with backchat and certainly not what you expect from front of house staff. No apologies for the discomfort we endured or anything. I asked if we had been given the worst room in the place and she said definitely not, I pity anyone who gets that room. I suggest some customer relations training would be appropriate here. This cost £90 room only. it wasn't worth half that amount. I later learned my friend had had difficulty when he was booking, and that they took a 50 deposit from him. Id like to know what that was for - it certainly wasn't as though the place was kept in top condition.

Room Tip: do yourself a favour and book somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Hilary615
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Very nice hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The location of this hotel cannot be beaten. It is in the heart of Dublin right on the river Liffey everything was easily accesible. It can be a little loud at night but it quieted down after about 11-12 at night. Still would highly recommend this hotel. The rooms were clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as close to the top floor as possible as the bar can be noisey
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank pschwartz911
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Myself and friends had a few drinks etc here last nite and the behaviour by a night manager near end of evening was disgraceful ...he was totally rude abnoxious and tryed to bully us .....really bad for the hospitality sector....

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
9  Thank Martinod1963
Reviewed 6 June 2014

As a first timer in Dublin, I was glad my friends and I chose a very CENTRAL hotel! Just a short walk over the bridge and you are into the Temple Bar area which was perfect for us.
We had a room towards the back of the hotel and there was a fair bit of street noise, but this was mainly people shouting and cannot be helped. The room was spacious enough for two people with enough storage for us both. The beds were comfortable and the room/bathroom was very clean. Overall, me and my friends were happy with the hotel and adjoining bar.
I must add, the service was outstanding! The ladies on reception were extremely helpful and the guys on the bar were lovely. Thank you for making our stay a memorable one.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank CVS1991
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We arrived at a busy time and given the last room available. Not what it looked like on the website at all, bathroom was disgusting couldn't even close the bathroom door. Room was old and although large was not great. Had to carry my own bags up 3 flights of stairs as they had no lift in the old section. They moved us to another room next day which was newer smaller and in the section with a lift but still not great. Staff were friendly and helpful but we had expected a better hotel for what we paid. The location was good, red bus tour at the door but horrible to arrive by car as no parking and a very busy road. Had to park blocks away. Sorry but would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed here two nights and previously on a hen weekend. The rooms are clean and comfortable but the bathrooms are in need of renovation, have stayed in nicer three star hotels. However if you can cope with tired bathrooms then this is an excellent hotel. Location could not be better. you are right on the Liffey and in the middle of Dublin for walking to anywhere. Great bar space and tvs for sport etc.Breakfast was good irish fare.had one meal which was good. lots of pubs within walking distance and a two minute walk over the halfpenny bridge to Temple Bar. try to Quays pub in temple bar for the total irish experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family