“Good location, nice pub, large room”

Arlington Hotel O'Connell Bridge
Ranked #51 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed in an executive room for two nights. It was huge! There was a king bed and then all the way across on the other side was an extra twin (which we did not need, but a nice place to throw a suitcase). The bathroom was pretty big as well. The only con: we were on the third floor and the elevators only access floors four and above. This was not a big deal for us, but someone who has trouble with stairs would want to make sure which room they are getting. The hotel bar is huge as well. And, when the room wasn't quite ready upon our arrival, we were offered a complimentary drink - yay! The location is excellent. Close to the Abbey St. Luas for access to the rail station, but also a quick walk across the bridge to the Temple Bar area. Free WiFi throughout was also a plus. Breakfast had a lot of variety as well, even gluten free options (not something we needed, but the first time I noticed anything like that during our trip). The staff were all very friendly as well. We had a good time and would definitely return!

1  Thank Hoppy_Chicago

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The hotel is centrally placed, hop on hop of bus stops virtually at front door, the tram is within walking distance, rooms are spacious, clean and great value for money. The nightly Irish Dinner and Dance Show is terrific and highly enjoyable. Breakfast is 10/10.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Came here from work twice to watch the World Cup 2014 games and the cocktails served was out of this world!!
Order the Strawberry D- something.... OMG... it long, big and yummy!! so good that it took me forever to finish it!
I'd come back.. just to have more of that cocktail!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank caramal_glo
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was the 7th time I have stayed here and the staff was great. Being able to make some last minute changes and people with me loved the Irish Show. Such a great location and what a true Irish Breakfast. Carmel the host a breakfast was great and she brightens your morning. I will return next year and I will be staying at Arlington again.
Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank paulterrysireland
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here our first nigth in ireland. Location was great. We walked to the main churches, trinity college and the Temple Bar district. The rooms were fine as was breakfast. The bar in the hotel is just so-so. they do have a "traditionsal " irish music show in the hotel for a fee, but we wandered the pubs of temple bar instead.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank havanario
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We arrived and were greeted by some lovely staff on reception, our room wasn't ready but we were there really early so wasn't expecting it to be. They checked us in and stored our luggage for the day so we could go out and see the area. We were right across the road/river from Temple Bar and went to take a look around. Excellent access!

Came back later the the room (110) was ready, good size, nice and clean, on the first floor above the bar, this did worry me initially, now over half can sleep on a washing line in a hurricane, me on the other hand, I am the lightest sleeper but we decided to wait and see how it went.
First night there and after a few drinks I thought I would sleep ok and although it was noisy due to the fact it was music it was ok, I can block that out. the problem was the drunken boys letting the fire extinguishers off at god knows when, it didn't wake the boy up but me, wide awake. I rang reception and they sorted them out but it was too late.

Next morning we went to breakfast and it was ok, the other half like it but I'm not a fan of black and white pudding, he was happy so it was fine. We went to reception afterwards and were helped by Ciara on reception, she was simply wonderful, we explained the issue and she said she would move us. She explained that the room was in the older area of the hotel but might be quieter, the boys were apparently on most floors (not sure what everyone else in the hotel did!) she offered us to see the room before we made a decision and we went with it. We packed out cases again, and left them in the old room and went out for the day (to the zoo, great day!) as instructed. We came back and were given our new room (332 or 322, cant quite remember which) and were told the luggage was in there, fantastic service. It wasn't the same one we had seen (one floor higher), but it was bigger and where it was in the roof space slightly it had more character.

This room was much quieter and I got a full nights sleep, so much happier! For the rest of the trip we had the greatest time, the staff were great, already mentioned Ciara, but need to mention Gemma on reception and the lady in the breakfast room in the morning, all were great!

The location is great and perfect for drinkers and sight seers. The bus link was fab, right at the front door, and you can walk anywhere in town easily. Great place!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor and in the old section of the building without the lift, good for fi...
2  Thank foodyuk09
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This was the third hotel I booked for this trip - I canceled the other two reservations because of reviews and settled on Arlington because it sounded like exactly what we needed. Affordable, near restaurants and centrally located. There are taxi stops very close, two cafes, a pub and the Ha'penny Bridge - right over to Temple Bar. The hotel has a pub downstairs so beware of noise, and the seagulls. The staff is polite and helpful and the rooms are clean and well lit with very comfortable beds. There is a breakfast option for 10 euros but I don't care for the traditional Irish breakfast so we went to one of the cafe's next door which worked out fine. There is also a bustop right out front. It's an active area right on the Liffey which we liked. If we stayed in Dublin again I would come back.

1  Thank Tuesday_Moon8