“A perfect place to stay”

Arlington Hotel O'Connell Bridge
Ranked #51 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“A perfect place to stay”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Having read all the good reviews before booked here, were happy to say the Hotel lived up to our hopes & expectations.

Hotel was in a key Location, rooms were clean, quiet, comfortable beds, and spacious, staff were helpful and friendly and the bar was reasonably priced, we didn't eat there though as like to go out for dinner.

Room Tip: We asked for a double bed, on a higher floor, in a quiet location and they provided us with all thre...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
liverpool
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I have just returned from a fantastic break with my daughter.
On arrival we were greated by a really helpful and friendly rectionist. I had emailed the hotel a few days before hand and she mase refence to it being my daughters3rs birthday which she was amazed with but it proves that they do read your emails! Our room wasnt ready but they stored our bags and we usednthe time to explore the area.
when we got to our room I was initially disappointed that it was by the hostel but I can honestly say we weren't effected at all by it. The view isnt great but your hardly in the room so it doesnt matter that much anyway.
The host at breakfast is so attentive and genuinely interested in how you are.
Bar staff are friendly and engage in banter, we also went to the show downstairsmwhich was fantastic value. It was really busy and we did wait a while for service but we werent going anywhere anyway so just relaxed and watched the show.
Hotel is in a great location, within walking distance of most attractions.
My daughter has asked can we go back to Dublin and I would definatley return to the Arlington.

Room Tip: Free wifi throughout the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is situated on the Liffey, right around the corner from O'Connell street at the heart of the city. Its bottom floor houses a large pub with live music and dance performances each evening. The atmosphere is traditional and the decoration is dark and wooden.
Rooms are comfortable and well-maintained, public spaces a little less so but not bad. Bathrooms modern and in good repair.
Service was attentive and cordial. Breakfast (not included; you can choose between continental at €7 or full Irish at € 10) was good but nothing extraordinary.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

This is the second time I have visited this hotel, and I a once again very happy with it. It's central to all the main attractions in Dublin, the staff are friendly and the room is more than adequate.

I would definitely return to Dublin and would be happy to use the Arlington for the third time.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Ontario
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for five nights and chose the hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews. The hotel and the rooms are a bit shabby--the teacups in my room were chipped, paint was peeling--this affected my rating a bit. Things I liked: good wifi; staff were generous in replenishing coffee and tea supplies in-room; excellent central location.

• Stayed June 2014
hertfordshire
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I booked this hotel for 4 of us to stay in 2 single rooms for 2 nights. Having visited the bar on previous visits to Dublin and having had a brilliant time, I thought it would be nice to stay in the hotel itself. I couldn’t have been more wrong.

We arrived at the hotel about 9am and left our luggage whilst we had breakfast in the hotel and then spent our day sightseeing.

On checking into our rooms, I was a little disappointed with the view – the back of the hotel, but thought it would be quieter here than at the side overlooking the hostel. I was also disappointed with the old style TV, not that we used it and the overall décor of the room was very tired.
The towel holder was rusty and the grab rail was peeling.
There was a dirty mark on the wall at eye level, looked like fan tan or something similar.

Anyway, I decided to untuck my bed as I did the sheet pulled back revealing the mattress protector which had 2 black hairs on it, I thought to myself if that is what is on the protector what is the mattress like? What a shock I got!! I have never seen such a badly stained mattress, which was clearly urine. I took photos & went to reception to show them, who said they would come up & sort it.

We were shown another room on the same floor overlooking the hostel, we refused to relocate owing to the fact my sister had stayed in one of these rooms previously & it had been noisy, so they agreed to swap my mattress over, the second mattress was also stained, with what looked like blood and sweat stains.

In the morning I decided to check my duvet, only to find stains on that too, so my sister & the other 2 in our party checked their mattresses & bedding only to find blood on one protector & urine stains on all of the mattresses. We asked to speak to the manager. He came to our room when he came on duty & said he took our complaints on the chin & would reduce our room rate for both nights, we could have left the hotel but for one more night it was more hassle than it was worth to try to find another hotel with 2 twin rooms, the city was busy as it was Pride weekend.

We didn’t sleep very well on our last night knowing what the mattresses were like along with the noise from down in the bar which could be heard even though we were on the third floor.

On checkout, we bumped into the manager who spoke with me and said “you haven’t had a good stay have you? I will write to you” I have been home 8 days now and still not heard from him…..
The rate was reduced but not by the amount the manager had said, so he had to refund us the difference.

As I haven’t heard from the manager as promised, I shall be taking my complaint further.

We will never stay in this hotel again and will not recommend anyone stay here.
I have never checked my mattress in a hotel before, but will be doing so in future and I urge anyone staying here to check their mattress.

Room Tip: Are there any good rooms here? I doubt it
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
8 Thank Val J
Oxfordshire
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Hotel is looking a bit tired and dated downstairs however the facilities and the staff make up for it. Made to feel very welcome by reception, very helpful booking trips, room is clean and beds comfy, showers good. Live music at night and the Celtic Night downstairs is a must, great band and great dancers and the food was surprisingly good - very well organised. Host at breakfast is fantastic cant do enough for you and the location is superb, really central just over the bridge from Temple Bar and great for shopping. Everyone we met was so warm and friendly, thank you Dublin will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends