“Warm Irish Welcome”

Arlington Hotel O'Connell Bridge
Ranked #51 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Enjoyed our stay at the Arlington for 3 days/2nights last week
Great location..near to everything..hop on off bus right outside the hotel
Open window bar great for a drink after a day of sight seeing, and to people watch!
Third room floor, big and had everything we needed-including an iron @irong board!
Staff were great, especially Carmel in the breakfast room, who was happy to discuss everything Irish including the sausages!!
Temple bar area great for food and drinks, and the live music in the bars at night was fantastic!
Thank you Dublin for your great hospitality, we will be back!

Room Tip: High floor less noise
3  Thank tinkle16

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I was on my own for two nights in Dublin and couldn't have picked a better place to stay. Most important to me was location - somewhere I could walk from to the various sights and feel safe doing so as a single female. This fit the bill - minutes from O'Connell Street, Trinity College, Temple Bar and transportation to and from more distant sights and the airport. I also loved the chance to go right downstairs for some great music. The show they put on was great, and the host was so kind to me, finding me a place at the bar where I could have a sandwich and a great view. The room itself wasn't much to write home about, with amenities that were a bit out-of-date, but it was clean and comfortable. All in all I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank kkacz
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This hotel is not the most luxurious but it is more than comfortable the staff are lovely and the food is good. I would definitely stay there again,

It's in a brilliant location and is easy to find and is in a central location.

4  Thank truthhurtsBirmingham
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed for 2 nights, the Arlington is a very clean, basic but quaint and cosy hotel and the location was excellent and very convenient to the shopping and tourist areas. The staff were all very friendly, warm and helpful and the food was very nice with a great selection, though we only tried the breakfast. The only bad points about our visit to the Arlington are that the hotel can be very noisy in the late evenings we could hear the disco, which sounded very entertaining but perhaps not our cup of tea, and the beds were quite hard but we had a comfortable night's sleep and also we had a room at the back so the view wasn't very exciting. Above all we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Avoid the back if you want a view, can be noisy with the entertainment on ground floor.
2  Thank Carol_b00p
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I only stayed at the Arlington hotel for one night, but I was greeted with a very warm welcome. The hotel and rooms were very clean and the staff extremely helpful and friendly. The location is great for visiting Temple Bar, shopping and sightseeing. The breakfast was fantastic and catered for all tastes, a full Irish or fruit, yogurt, pastries, cereal, smoked salmon, smoothies etc. truely value for money

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Christinewil
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We only stayed one night at the Arlington Hotel so we weren't able to experience it to the fullest. I think they have limited parking and we should have inquired about that before driving there. That's our fault. I'd suggest asking them ahead of time. I believe it's first come, first served so you'd have to luck out to get a spot. Still, it's something to consider. The location was great. It's a short walk across the bridge to the Temple Bar area. There are so many bars, restaurants and street performers that there's plenty to do and see. There are also numerous shops in the area so you can get your shopping done and be hoisting a pint in no time.
The staff at the hotel was great. Check-in was a breeze and we were in our rooms in no time. The only downside is that 2 of us had rooms next to the alley. There's a bar/nightclub on the first floor and patrons spill out to the alley to smoke. As is the case with most drinkers the conversation gets loud and echoes up the building. I called down to the front desk and asked if this was going to be going on all night. He replied matter-of-factly "yes". I then asked if he could get me another room away from the noise. He said he'd ask staff to go outside and quiet them down. Whatever they did worked because it was at least quiet enough for me to fall asleep for the night.
We had to get to the airport early the next day so we missed breakfast. In retrospect we should have stayed here for 2 days to experience the city and hotel a little further. I left behind a notebook and called the hotel to ask them to hold it for me. When I got back to work the next week I sent reception a FedEx label and Jane shipped it back for me. Great service and I appreciated the effort on her part.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room away from the alley.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank CambridgeJim
Reviewed 22 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank Barry M