“Enjoyed my stay”

Ranked #77 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Enjoyed my stay”
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I had stayed at the Uppercross for 2 weeks, and all the time I was there - I liked every bit of my stay.
The staff was very helpful. Every time I would return to my room after a long day, I would be delighted to find it neat and clean. The breakfast won my heart, liked it a lot.
The restaurant is good too. A lot of different locations within hotel, in case you want to try different view with your food. A calm place.
The only disappointment was TV. Me being a non-Irish person couldn't find any global TV channel or music channel. In case, I would have wanted to spend a day in the room, it was difficult to rely upon TV for entertainment.
Wi-Fi facility was good too. I was pleased at the fact that I could tune in to any of my routine online work without and internet connection problems.

Thanks for a great service! Would like to stay at this hotel again on my next visit.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Nikita_N87

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Czech first
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 6 September 2012

The owner and staff treat you like their own and are very warm and helpful. Highly recommend. Excellent breakfast included with our stay. Attached restaurant / Pub has great food and great Irish pub atmosphere

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Livingston Texas
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We were very pleased with Uppercross House. We failed to recongize that the front rooms (#'s 21 and 23) were subject to loud street noise and on Saturday, celebrating people until I called reception at 4:00 AM and had them chase the people off the front patio. Other than that the four days we were there we very good. The breakfast was splendid; bus transportation to city center was cheap and convenient and the was a large Tesco grocery across the street. We would go back even there were not towel rails. There was a safe and a small table and chairs.

Room Tip: Tell them you want a room away from the street.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Pinoso, Spain
Reviewed 29 August 2012

This was the worst place we have ever stayed in, on arrival we were met by a frosty faced and unhelpfull receptionist. The room left a lot to be desired, though the bedding was clean. The bathroom was not up to standard, no toilet roll holder, no towel rails, cracked floor tiles and cigarette burns on the bath edge. How they can describe it as being diabled friendy beats me it was a hike just to get to the lift. We were kept awake untill 1.05am by music from the bar, it only stopped when we went down to complain, we had been assured it would stop at 12.00am we are sure it only stopped because we complained, after it stopped we had the noise from the bar untill after 2.00am. Breakfast was mediocre, one waitress dropped a fork on the floor picked it up and when she thought no one was watching put it in the cutlery tray. Not the cleanest of places it felt and looked grubby. I could go on but will end here DEFINATELY NOT THE PLACE TO STAY look around I am sure you will find something better that will match the price!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ricciy y
Uppercross, Manager at Uppercross House Hotel, responded to this review, 1 September 2012
Dear Ricciy y,

I am saddened to read your response and that you did not enjoy your stay at The Uppercross House Hotel. We as a team, really try our best to welcome guests and to try and make them feel as comfortable as possible. I am sorry you did not feel you received this welcome.

All of our rooms have toilet roll holders, some are on the door and others are to the left of the toilet. Each room also has a towel rail above the bath and also one either on the back of the door or beside the sink.

I am sorry that you were kept awake with music from the bar. Out of our 50 rooms, there are only 3/4 rooms that are close to the bar. We keep regular bar hours,

The breakfast staff have been informed of the issue of the dropped fork, it would be unaccetable for this to happen.

I am shocked that you found the Hotel grubby. Our staff work very hard to keep the hotel clean. Some area's of the hotel are nearly 200 years old so may appear more dated than other parts that were built 12 years ago.

I suppose it's a matter of choice and some hotels are suited to some people and not to others. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay but take on board your comments and will we endevour to do our best so that no other guest has a repeat experience like yours.

Thank you for your comments.

Kind Regards,

Eimear Lawlor
Manager.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 24 August 2012

My husband and I just returned from Dublin, where we've visited many times, and the Uppercross House Hotel made it the best visit yet. Though it's only listed as a three-star hotel, we got five star service. The rooms, though modest, have some surprisingly wonderful features: wall-mounted flat screen TVs, extra large bath towels, comfortable pillows and the option to have a mini fridge brought into your room. It's on several bus lines, so it's only a 10 minute ride into central Dublin. The accompanying breakfast is too delicious to be believed. And I had a number of odd little requests (needle and thread, a box to pack an art print) which were filled with great enthusiasm. Clearly, the owner, David Mahon, loves his job and his customers!! The adjoining bar, Mother O'Reilly's features incredible ambiance and wonderful food. The restaurant has a glass ceiling and the inner courtyard beer garden was filled with locals, playing instruments and singing, every night we were there. Other customers were primarily vacationing Irish and British, so we really got a feel for the local culture...so much better than some pricey tourist trap full of other Americans. We'll return there EVERY trip from here on out.

Room Tip: We were just a few doors down from the beer garden, but despite it being packed every night, ingenio...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Monaghan, Ireland
Reviewed 14 August 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Uppercross House hotel on a Friday night. The receptionist was friendly, efficient and within minutes we were being shown to our room, we were both pleasantly surprised with the size and overall freshness of the room, It appeared to have been newly decorated, There were the usual amenities, tea, coffee, biscuits, the two bottles of mineral water was a nice touch! and there were toiletries in the bathroom, including a shower cap which a lot of hotels no longer provide.
I liked the friendly, sociable feel of the place, apart from the very friendly staff there is also a cosy lounge with comfortable seating, free tea and coffee, newspapers and a selection of books for you to wile away the hours, if you find any free time as Rathmines has a lot going on. The meal in the bar was really good and great value and I look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: We were at the front of the hotel and there was some road noise.. and noise from late night revelers...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Dublin
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Arrived and was greeted with a warm welcome and attention to detail. Check in was a breeze, we were shown to our room by A courteous member of staff or maybe it was the owner.
It is a pet friendly hotel.
Rooms were clean and spacious, staff are terrific,
The reception area is spacious and comfortable, plus coffee available for complimentary, there is also free usage of the internet in lobby.
Breakfast was good, girls were attentive, friendly, polite and could not do enough for the guest.
Free carpark.
Its an ideal spot for exploring Dublin or just chilling out,
Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2012
Uppercross, Manager at Uppercross House Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Dear Yolanna2010,

I appreciate you taking the time to post such a great review of our hotel. I will be glad to pass your comments onto our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Uppercross House Hotel.

Kindest Regards,